Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? - Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Judson49


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 653
Location: London
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know why I haven't done this before but...

I'm Pete from UK, live just outside London and have been a Dolphin fan since the start of 1984 season. Picked them to follow completely at random, with no knowledge of their history and based on name alone and then watched as they went to Superbowl courtesy of Marino ripping the league to pieces. Been downhill ever since!!

I'm 38, married with two young boys (one who turned a month old this week). Not a regular poster (though I'm trying to improve that) but I come here every day to catch up on the thoughts and opinions, it's nice to have a community of people who share my addiction.

Whilst I now watch the Dolphins each week over the net via Gamepass with my PC run through the TV (my wife just loves her Sunday evenings!!), I originally had to make do with UK TV's weekly hourly league highlights show (which broadcast a week out of date), VHS cassettes & latterly DVD's of games shipped from central europe (again a week late) and good old US Armed Forces Radio Network (double header broadcast live each Sunday to the US troops abroad). Huddling over a radio broadcast that fades in and out of reception is character building. I wonder if any of my fellow overseas Fin fans shared that joy.

Funnily enough probably my fondest memory as a Dolphin fan is sitting up in the middle of the night listening to them defeat the Bears in '85. Great days.

Unfortunately I've only been lucky enough to see the Dolphins live twice (plus a pre-season game at Wembley in late 80's), once when they brought that shambles of a team to London in '07- but I did get to see a rare Ginn touchdown! Also some years ago my wife and I took in a Sunday night game in Miami against Buffalo. Ricky set a team record with over 40 carries that night. Loved every second of it and my dream would be to hold a season ticket, but alas I'll have to make do with travelling back next year when they play Washington, with my brother who's a Redskin fan.

Thanks to all of you who's opinions make for great reading, even those I dont agree with!


Last edited by Judson49 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12781
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
Dont know why I haven't done this before but...

I'm Pete from UK, live just outside London and have been a Dolphin since the start of 1984 season. Picked them to follow completely at random, with no knowledge of their history and based on name alone and then watched as they went to Superbowl courtesy of Marino ripping the league to pieces. Been downhill ever since!!

I'm 38, married with two young boys (one who turned a month old this week). Not a regular poster (though I'm trying to improve that) but I come here every day to catch up on the thoughts and opinions, it's nice to have a community of people who share my addiction.

Whilst I now watch the Dolphins each week over the net via Gamepass with my PC run through the TV (my wife just loves her Sunday evenings!!), I originally had to make do with UK TV's weekly hourly league highlights show (which broadcast a week out of date), VHS cassettes & latterly DVD's of games shipped from central europe (again a week late) and good old US Armed Forces Radio Network (double header broadcast live each Sunday to the US troops abroad). Huddling over a radio broadcast that fades in and out of reception is character building. I wonder if any of my fellow overseas Fin fans shared that joy.

Funnily enough probably my fondest memory as a Dolphin fan is sitting up in the middle of the night listening to them defeat the Bears in '85. Great days.

Unfortunately I've only been lucky enough to see the Dolphins live twice (plus a pre-season game at Wembley in late 80's), once when they brought that shambles of a team to London in '07- but I did get to see a rare Ginn touchdown! Also some years ago my wife and I took in a Sunday night game in Miami against Buffalo. Ricky set a team record with over 40 carries that night. Loved every second of it and my dream would be to hold a season ticket, but alas I'll have to make do with travelling back next year when they play Washington, with my brother who's a Redskin fan.

Thanks to all of you who's opinions make for great reading, even those I dont agree with!


Wellll I might not have had a radio that faded in and out of reception, I did have one when I was a kid where I had to balance between keeping it loud enough for me to hear without waking up my parents in the next room.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonahmerchant12


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 31
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all, i am John Merchant and i am also a junkie, a football junkie Very Happy
_________________
Washington Redskins Vs Tampa Bay Buchaneers Tickets


Last edited by jonahmerchant12 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clevermelvin


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 8256
Location: 202.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonahmerchant12 wrote:
hey all, i am John Merchant and i am also a junkie, a football junkie Very Happy


welcome to the forums john. you will like it here. that is a command Very Happy
_________________
jonu62882 wrote:
Damn son, they gonna be screaming "THAT WASN'T EVEN FAIR, GOD!" I see 7-0, stunna. They finna' get jacked up, killa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZenZuki


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1530
Location: Drunk on Beach!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard John! The more PhinFans , the merrier! Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BostonZombie


Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 1216
Location: 860
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say Phins fans are usually good people . Not cocky ( unlike some Pats and Jet fans ) .

Thank you for last week and after the video of Dansbys response to the tripping incident , he is now one of my favorite NFL players. Good Job last week and I fear your game more than the Packers game.
_________________

AAP: Kyle Love Machine - Tackles - 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clevermelvin


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 8256
Location: 202.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BostonZombie wrote:
I gotta say Phins fans are usually good people . Not cocky ( unlike some Pats and Jet fans ) .

Thank you for last week and after the video of Dansbys response to the tripping incident , he is now one of my favorite NFL players. Good Job last week and I fear your game more than the Packers game.


hehe thanks man check out the sig quote
_________________
jonu62882 wrote:
Damn son, they gonna be screaming "THAT WASN'T EVEN FAIR, GOD!" I see 7-0, stunna. They finna' get jacked up, killa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jajah


Joined: 28 Jan 2011
Posts: 25
Location: Trey-Oh-Fyy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im new to this website....Im 22 years old...I was born and raised in South Florida..This place is all i know...I been watching Miami sports ever since I could remember...I watch it all...Dolphins,Heat,Panthers,Marlins,Hurricanes,Fusion...This is what I live for...I love intelligent sports talk along with a good debate...Im not here to start problems....But ya Boy is in da building....
_________________


Follow Me On Twitter.com---> @JajahTV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KlassiK


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 4944
Location: Cole World
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jajah wrote:
Im new to this website....Im 22 years old...I was born and raised in South Florida..This place is all i know...I been watching Miami sports ever since I could remember...I watch it all...Dolphins,Heat,Panthers,Marlins,Hurricanes,Fusion...This is what I live for...I love intelligent sports talk along with a good debate...Im not here to start problems....But ya Boy is in da building....

Welcome! Be sure to check out the general and comparisons sections for some great debates.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alant_8


Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Location: UK
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Alan, 20 years old been a semi dolphins + NFL fan since i was 12ish, but really started taking a keen interest in the dolphins and NFL the awful season we went 1-15 and had the first pick.
Ever since ive been hooked on all things dolphins and NFL, looking forwards to sharing my opinions with others!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clevermelvin


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 8256
Location: 202.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats good alan. welcome to da forumzzzzzzz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
frankmoore


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Posts: 14149
Location: Cow Hampster
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see none of you hail from the Berkshires...
_________________
FF Member #1031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardfinfan


Joined: 02 Sep 2011
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. So I have been reading what everyone on this site for years and for some reason am just now deciding to sign up and contribute.

My name is Jonathan and I have been a dolphins since I was a child(although I must admit it is hard sometimes). I was born in Miami but moved to North Carolina some 15 years ago. I just graduated from NC state University and have now entered the real world...

Well that's about it. Go DOLPHINS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12825
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardfinfan wrote:
Hello everyone. So I have been reading what everyone on this site for years and for some reason am just now deciding to sign up and contribute.

My name is Jonathan and I have been a dolphins since I was a child(although I must admit it is hard sometimes). I was born in Miami but moved to North Carolina some 15 years ago. I just graduated from NC state University and have now entered the real world...

Well that's about it. Go DOLPHINS!


Welcome diehard!! Nice to have you here!!
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 5626
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
diehardfinfan wrote:
Hello everyone. So I have been reading what everyone on this site for years and for some reason am just now deciding to sign up and contribute.

My name is Jonathan and I have been a dolphins since I was a child(although I must admit it is hard sometimes). I was born in Miami but moved to North Carolina some 15 years ago. I just graduated from NC state University and have now entered the real world...

Well that's about it. Go DOLPHINS!


Welcome diehard!! Nice to have you here!!


Way to go Merc...you scared him away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad

PD47
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group