Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saftey
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kansaseagle26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Saftey Reply with quote

Ive been thinkin and i'm pretty sure Dawk is slowin down and gettin old and not playin as great as he did in the old times, but theres some good saftey talent in the Draft, personally I would take Craig Steltz, what do you guys think?
patwhite505

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think steltz would do good with the eagles with time. he's a hard hitting safety. but he dint look too good against arkansas
eagles26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, used to be very high on Steltz. From what I heard from the LSU fans at the College Football Forum, he was a great ballhawking safety that was good against the run, okay against the pass, and had underrated speed. But (I'm pretty sure) he is a Free Safety, which is not what we need in the draft, unless you are thinking of moving Considine over once Dawkins retires, and let Sean play his natural position. Players like Reggie Smith of Oklahoma, Quintin Demps of UTEP, Josh Barrett of Arizona, or even Malcolm Jenkins of Ohio State (if he falls) could be other good options at safety.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
Dawkins20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumone im really high....not named myron rolle or kelin johnson or reshad jones

is thomas decoud from california...i think hed do fricken incredible for us

anyone else think so? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say wait one more year, next year's draft class at safety is really strong with Mays, Harris, Ellison, and Rolle (to name a few). I do have my heart set on Nic Harris though, he is perfect for the Eagles (blitzes well, great in space, great ball skills, hits pretty hard, and is a model citizen).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Quintin Demps could be really good for us. Hes a pretty good athlete.

2012 Eagles Bird Watch DeMeco Ryans
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As CandylandBills said I would rather wait a year. To be blunt Steltz sucks, and with the tremendous talent at S next year I would much rather wait.(I want Mays or Harris)

#JDI
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Although to Steltz's defense he was injured last week against Arkansas. And to be honest, I think he is the best senior safety I have seen this year (and I think he is actually better than Phillips).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAtotheGLE wrote:
I think Quintin Demps could be really good for us. Hes a pretty good athlete.

and a damn good player. He plays CB and S, and imo is alot better than Steltz. Steltz is Considine, like litterally, his ints against Miss state were thrown right to him. He is overratted.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandylandBills wrote:
^Although to Steltz's defense he was injured last week against Arkansas. And to be honest, I think he is the best senior safety I have seen this year (and I think he is actually better than Phillips).

He very well could be the highest rated senior safety but after seeing him play 4 games this year I don't see a lot of NFL success for him. He's a physical player but gets beat in coverage and takes bad angles at times. Also with average cover skills he doesn't bring enough against the run to be a starter. When I think of a great safety he has to be great in coverage and IMO Steltz isn't. Not to mention it makes his job much easier to play with players at the level of Glen Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Chevis Jackson, Darry Beckwith, and Ali Highsmith.

#JDI
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED WHO MADE THIS THREAD?

anyway, I don't want to go safety this year. It's a horrible draft class with the exception of kenny phillips but I don't think we need to go safety this year early. there's a very talented class next year full of taylor mays, myron rolle, nic harris, kevin ellison, chris clemons, michael hamlin, courtney greene, patrick chung, an all around player in derek pegues, lovon ponder, trey nolan, and dwain crawford. those are all first, second and third round prospects. The first four are first round guys and the majority of the rest are second round guys. I say we wait

The only guy I want is really wesley woodyard because he can play WILL if he doesn't workout at safety and could end up being really good in his transition to safety, plus he's a team leader, will be a good special teamer, and he's going to be a fourth or fifth round pick

I hate craig steltz as a player and he's my brian leonard of this draft. I do not want him anywhere near an eagles uniform. He's incredibly overrated in coverage because he tore up mississippi state by catching three balls that were thrown directly at him, and has played just average against other opponents. He's not too good in run support and is just average in man coverage from my standpoint. Put him in next years draft and he's a fifth or sixth round pick if he's lucky but would maybe not even get drafted
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly eagles fly wrote:

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread. Wasn't it the guy that posted that he was so happy to be here etc. Then the next day said he had to live the site or something? Laughing

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
fly eagles fly wrote:

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread. Wasn't it the guy that posted that he was so happy to be here etc. Then the next day said he had to live the site or something? Laughing

He announced he was back on Sunday

#JDI
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list:

1-) Kenny Phillips
2-) Reggie Smith

3-) Nic Harris
4-) Jonathan Hefney
5-) Quintin Demps
6-) Josh Barrett
7-) Marcus Griffin
Cool Craig Steltz
9-) Courtny Greene
10-) Tom Zbikowski

TommyC376 on the Sig
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nic harris will stay in college but if he does come out, he'd be number two behind phillips.
phillips and maybe smith are the only two i'd consider takin but i'd much rather wait until next year and go DE in the first round this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: