Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53 man roster preference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: 53 man roster preference Reply with quote

So with my 2nd post, I figure I'll make a thread. This isn't the 53 men I think will make the team. We'll probably find some cuts to sign and maybe make a trade, and obviously different people have different views.

This is who I think should be on the roster, without adding any players that aren't already on the team.

QB: Bradford, Sanchez, Tebow (3)
HB: Murray, Matthews, Sproles (3)
WR: Matthews, Agholor, Huff, Cooper, Austin, Ajirotutu, Kinne (7)
TE: Ertz, Celek, Burton (3)

LT: Peters, Kelly (2)
LG: Barbre (1)
OC: Kelce, Molk (2)
RG: Tobin, Gardner (2)
RT: Johnson, Graf (2)

Offense: 25

LE: Thornton, Hart, Bair (3)
NT: Logan, Allen (2)
RE: Cox, Curry (2)

LOLB: Barwin, Smith (2)
LILB: Kendricks, Ryans (2)
RILB: Alsonso, Hicks (2)
ROLB: Graham, Long, Braman (3)

CB: Maxwell, Carroll, Boykin, Rowe, Sheppard (5)
FS: Jenkins, Maragos (2)
SS: Thurmond, Watkins (2)

Defense: 25

K: Parkey
P: Jones
LS: Dorenbos

Special teams: 3

Notes:

-So we have 5 ILBs with talent and injury histories, and one is a rookie who might not be ready to contribute right away. So I didn't put Goode on my roster, but one of these guys is going on the PUP list. Maybe Ryans, Goode or Alonso isn't 100%, maybe someone actually gets injured, maybe Hicks isn't ready yet. Either way, someone is going on there and they will be called up sometime after week 6. Injuries will definitely happen, and they'll be the first up unless for some horrible reason another position is in desperate need. But I think the way I set this roster we have enough versatility where we'd be fine.

Rowe and Carroll can potential play safety if need be, Thurmond and Watkins could play corner, Kinne can play Qb/WR/HB, got some versatile LBs and oline.

-Between Barner, Tucker, and the slew of UDFAs, I think we can find a decent guy to stash on the practice squad. With Kinne and Burton getting reps at HB, we wouldn't be completely screwed. Not that I would want them starting. Getting some emergency reps though in one game, fine.

Could always pull the PUP thing with one or more of these backs too.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughts:

QB: I can see Barkley being cut if he doesn't show real promise this training camp.

RB: I could see them keeping a 4th between Tucker and Barner but I wouldn't be surprised if they both got sent to the PS and we only kept 3, it is a very talented 3.

WR: If we keep 7 WRs everything that I read says Rasheed Bailey would be the 7th. Kinne is not really a viable option.

OL: Not only is Guard crazy thin after releasing 2 starters but only one backup? I would think Jared Wheeler would make the team and probably even one of the 4 UDFAs we brought in this offseason.

DL: Seems about right. Outside shot to Mihalik but more than likely he will be on the PS.

LB: Despite putting Long and Braman to the outside Smith is really the only viable guy to stay out there. I think Goode has a viable shot at the roster and I'd be surprised if the solid but unspectacular special teams Ace Brad Jones didn't make it interesting.

DB: I'm fine with your CBs, one of Sheppard/Evans will be a PS guy and people seem to like Sheppard a lot more so far. I think Wolff makes the roster as a back-up over Watkins but his injuries make it worth the debate. Good things have been said about Couplin since bringing him over as well, You're also missing another special teams guy in Prosinski.

Overall:

Easy Cuts: Kinne
Left off but not surprised: Barkley, Wolff
Missing but should make it: Wheeler
Players fighting for spots that might not be there: Tucker/Barner, Bailey/Davis, OL UDFAs, Najee Goode/Brad Jones, Couplin/Prosinski/Watkins

^^Kiltman on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd post and already making threads? gutsy.

EDIT: Take that back you been either lingering around for awhile or just remembered your password.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, our offensive line depth scares the crap out of me when you see it like that. I'd be shocked if we don't make any moves regarding the offensive line in the coming months. I think we'll see some camp casualties with experience brought in to help out there. Or at least I hope so. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Boykin traded for an offensive lineman.

My assumption would be:

QB: Bradford / Sanchez / Barkley
RB: Murray / Mathews / Sproles
WR: Matthew / Agholor / Austin
WR: Cooper / Huff / Ajirotutu
TE: Ertz / Celek / Burton
LT: Peters / Gardner
LG: Barbre / Future Signing
C: Kelce / Molk
RG: Tobin / Kelly
RT: Johnson

DE: Thornton / Hart
NT: Logan / Allen
DE: Cox / Curry
Predator: Graham / Smith
MIKE: Ryans / Jones
WILL: Alonso / Kendricks
Jack: Barwin / Long / Braman
CB: Maxwell / Boykin / Sheppard
FS: Thurmond / Maragos
SS: Jenkins / Prosinski / Watkins
CB: Carroll / Rowe

K: Parkey
P: Jones
LS: Dorenbos

Notes:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4th RB on the team but I don't think it makes sense unless somebody is going to star on special teams.

I think Ajirotutu is a dark horse to make the team. He's played well in mini camp and can play special teams.

I think we'll see some changes in the O-line. I'm somewhat expecting a trade with Boykin for an offensive line return. Possibly Kendricks but I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shepperd being active more often than Rowe this year. I think he's more NFL-ready and can play in the slot at the least.

I think Wolff will be one of the first cuts of camp. Watkins will struggle to make the team. Prosinski has starting experience and is an excellent special teamer. I believe he is a lock, along with Maragos, especially given our depth at safety.
Rock-Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of Kendricks not starting pisses me off.

Fletcher Cox is a BEEEEEEEAST!
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock-Stark wrote:
The thought of Kendricks not starting pisses me off.

There is no reason for him not starting. The only thing Ryans provides over him is the ability to be a leader and get guys lined up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early for me to do one of these, but if Kinne makes it over one of the undrafted free agent wide receivers I'll be disappointed in a huge way. Kinne ran a worse 10 yard dash than Dontari Poe who is almost 350 lbs...

Also, if you guys need a good laugh, Eliot Shorr Parks has Bryan Braman and Brad Jones making the roster over Marcus Smith Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts on the responses:

-Kendricks not technically starting I wouldn't take too seriously. I'd actually like to see some 4-3 looks or Kendricks on the outside in the 3-4 since he's been a decent blitzer and he can cover.

-I would prefer to keep 9 or even 10 oline, and normally I'd say 7 WRs is too many. But I would prefer to go with who actually has the talent or would contribute to the team. Even if Kinne is just a special teams player and emergency guy, that would contribute more than an olineman who isn't very talented that I kept for the sake of what position he is.

Wheeler's bounced around the league on weak olines.

-As for Brad Jones, I'm just not a big fan of him. He is versatile, but below average at each position and he's not a pro bowl special teams player. If the choice is between him and Kinne, I like the fact Kinne can play QB and HB. We could work with different fronts with if we lost some LB depth.

-As for Kinne's speed, he ran a 4.6 forty which is faster than Cam Newton. I think he could be a solid backup slot option, special teams player and emergency guy at QB or HB. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to the practice squad and giving him a solid amount of money to choose us over an actual roster spot somewhere else.

-I like Rasheed Bailey but think he can make the waivers to the practice squad and he doesn't have Kinne's versatility. I wouldn't keep 7 guys if it was him, I'd do oline, HB, or ILB.

-I went Watkins over Couplin due to his ability to play CB
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
As for Kinne's speed, he ran a 4.6 forty which is faster than Cam Newton. I think he could be a solid backup slot option, special teams player and emergency guy at QB or HB. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to the practice squad and giving him a solid amount of money to choose us over an actual roster spot somewhere else.

NFLDraftScout has Kinne down for a 4.85 40 yard dash. That's the only place that has it at that from what I can see, so maybe they just got one wrong. Kinne's 3 cone is great which would mean he is probably well suited for the slot. Kinne's #'s are actually pretty similar to Bailey's. I have heard he's made some nice catches and one that was heralded as the best of the offseason program so far. I'm skeptical, but we shall see. I'm interested to see if DeVante Davis can stand out. He would be a great red zone target. He's still raw, but has the highest potential of any of the UDFAs if he puts it together. I'd like to keep him on our practice squad for a year if possible. Some team may scoop him up though. I actually think John Harris would be the receiver to make the roster since he's a really good blocker. There is a good chance we only keep 6 WRs though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
-I would prefer to keep 9 or even 10 oline, and normally I'd say 7 WRs is too many. But I would prefer to go with who actually has the talent or would contribute to the team. Even if Kinne is just a special teams player and emergency guy, that would contribute more than an olineman who isn't very talented that I kept for the sake of what position he is.

I'd much rather have another back-up guy who could play OG besides Gardiner than another player who would contribute on special teams.

ST players:
Ajirotutu
Austin?
Burton
Braman
Maragos

Ones you left off:
Brad Jones
Prosinski

Even without Kinne you have more than a handful of special teams guys, at some point you might want more than one back-up when you have two brand new starting guards neither of which has played a full 16 game season in their career and both of which are coming off injuries from last season.

^^Kiltman on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:

I'd much rather have another back-up guy who could play OG besides Gardiner than another player who would contribute on special teams.

ST players:
Ajirotutu
Austin?
Burton
Braman
Maragos

Ones you left off:
Brad Jones
Prosinski

Even without Kinne you have more than a handful of special teams guys, at some point you might want more than one back-up when you have two brand new starting guards neither of which has played a full 16 game season in their career and both of which are coming off injuries from last season.

The problem is, our oline depth is pretty lacking so I don't see anyone really worthy of putting in there instead of Kinne. It's not worth a roster spot, because no one is going to pick them off waivers so they might as well go to the practice squad.

I'm not going to keep an o-line guy for the sake of it. I already mentioned my opinion on Brad Jones, and Prosinski is a pretty awful safety. His special teams alone isn't worth it.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

ST players:
Ajirotutu
Austin?
Burton
Braman
Maragos

Ones you left off:
Brad Jones
Prosinski

The problem is, our oline depth is pretty lacking so I don't see anyone really worthy of putting in there instead of Kinne. It's not worth a roster spot, because no one is going to pick them off waivers so they might as well go to the practice squad.

I'm not going to keep an o-line guy for the sake of it. I already mentioned my opinion on Brad Jones, and Prosinski is a pretty awful safety. His special teams alone isn't worth it.

So you knew Tobin, Molk, or Gardner would make the team? For all we know one of the OL that were UDFAs make the team. Some people had Boyko with a late round grade. At this point it is just way too early to count people out. We are still more than a month from training camp. And, special teams alone was enough for Maragos and Braman to make the team. Special teams is imperative for whoever is one of the last players to make the 53.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

I mean is GJ Kinne, a career practice squad quarterback who just transitioned to WR, a player worth keeping as a 7th WR instead of having a second back up our new guards coming off injuries?

There's about 5 guys vying for a spot, at least one of them should be a Matt Tobin type who was undrafted but after a year or two has developed enough to be a starter.

^^Kiltman on the sig

ninja wrote:

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

I mean is GJ Kinne, a career practice squad quarterback who just transitioned to WR, a player worth keeping as a 7th WR instead of having a second back up our new guards coming off injuries?

There's about 5 guys vying for a spot, at least one of them should be a Matt Tobin type who was undrafted but after a year or two has developed enough to be a starter.

Now with the signing of Moffit we have a versatile olineman who I would take over Kinne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: