Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

moving from the 13 pick to the 8 pick why ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: moving from the 13 pick to the 8 pick why ? Reply with quote

I am sure the Eagles front office knows what they are doing, but I wonder who they are after in the draft ?
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: moving from the 13 pick to the 8 pick why ? Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
I am sure the Eagles front office knows what they are doing, but I wonder who they are after in the draft ?

climbing the draft ladder towards a qb.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: moving from the 13 pick to the 8 pick why ? Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

climbing the draft ladder towards a qb.

Thanks
Jroc04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know what's going to happen in a draft. Unless you have the first pick, someone can jump in front of you and snake your guy.

Howie has been on record by saying he identified 8 blue chip guys. So, with that thinking, this all but guarantees at least one of those guys being at 8. So addressing the question, why jump? Well, it's simple; you are now in striking distance to grab basically whatever you want in the top of the draft depending on what you are targeting and willing to pay. And also, you traded away, what Howie thought, was expendable assets to garner much needed draft resources. If all goes to hell for the Eagles and they find a team neededing to move up in the draft then they can essentially move back to the range of where they were originally plus netting a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

So, in terms of speaking for our GM; we traded two players that were pretty much mistakes to the Dolphins for what could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Basically a boss move.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the dolphins didnt want to lose any picks so this was just the best offer and there was no real plan behind it.

Moving up 5 spots in the draft before really doesn't mean anything. It is just some added pick value.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I honestly think the dolphins didnt want to lose any picks so this was just the best offer and there was no real plan behind it.

Moving up 5 spots in the draft before really doesn't mean anything. It is just some added pick value.

Yeah we could just trade back to say pick 14 and from 8, and obviously the compensation would be much higher than if we traded down from 13.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Stephen Hawking or Matt Damon from "Goodwill Hunting" but I'm pretty sure we did it because 8 is a lower number than 13...........just a thought

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually a smarter move going up to 8, then acquiring a seperate singular pick in a different round. Moving inside the top 8 gives them a option at taking or trading up to take the top two QB, top two LT, top two DB , top two DE or best RB/LB in the Draft. All being within realistic striking distance.

It also allows them the opportunity to trade back and acquire a 2nd or multiple picks which they would have never gotten "alone" from Miami for Maxwell and Kiko. The Eagles might be the one team in the top 10, No one has a clue what they are going to do. None of the above happens or matters if they were still drafting @ #13. Instead they are looking at the #3 options at most of those positions above outside RB/LB.

Bird Watch: // // // //

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: