Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When should the Eagle's look to draft a DE?
Day 1 (rounds 1 and 2)
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Mid-rounds (3-5)
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Late rounds (6 and 7)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They don't need to draft one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Depends on if a top prospect should fall
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Birds_I_View

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatCountry! wrote:

I actually made a post in LSUSAINT and Boyz's draft preview about Jones a couple of weeks ago. Very Happy I completely agree, he is an underrated prospect. His size is incredible, and he's played well vs. top competition (3 TFL, 1 sack, and blocked kick vs. Michigan). He's huge and is a very strong guy, but he plays kind of stiff, and I think he should bulk up and play 3-4 DE. He would be great playing in a scheme like that. Kind of reminds me of a stronger version of Chris Canty.

Being down south, I've seen Alabama play several times, and I also agree with you about Gilberry. He's been a real leader for that defense and has surprised a lot of people with his production this year. Everyone knew he was a good player, but he's been playing lights out in a tough conference. Like I've said, this DE class is full of size and talent, and we could grab a great player anywhere within the first 3 rounds.

I'm not too familiar with the 4 sleepers you mentioned, what are you opinions on those guys? Would any of them be a good fit for JJ's scheme?

Any team that can create pressure with just 3 or 4 players can be dominant on defense. DEs are an integral part of that. I'm in your boat - if we cement an excellent core of young DEs, this defense will be great for years to come.

Great minds think alike. Very Happy

The most intriguing of the sleeper prospects I listed is Trevor Scott. He switched to DE from TE prior to the 2006 season and immediately looked like a natural at the position, registering 9 sacks. As of 11/19, he'd already surpassed that total with 9.5 sacks. Given his size, speed, quickness, and the fact that he's still very green at the position, I think there's a wealth of untapped potential just waiting to be developed. I don't know all that much about him, but based on his measurables and production, he definitely sounds like a low-risk/high-reward player who'd be worth taking a flyer on in the 5th-7th round.
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want vernon gholston definitely, if we're early enough in the round for him
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Eagles could definately use a new, young DE. Round 3 Would be the best time to get one because the Eagles will probably draft a OT in round 1 and should draft Adrious Bowman in round 2. Very Happy

Smack ^
#FireLovie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: