Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finals Week Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excessive8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Finals Week Mock Reply with quote

This will be my last mock before I go home after this semester. I apologize to those who don't like mocks but I really like when other people do them. You gain other peoples perspective on where they would like the franchise to go. I'm gonna give two options I like for each round, the one in the Red font being the one I would like the Bills to do.

I see the Bills getting the 3rd Overall Pick, I feel like they won't win any of the last three games against the division (as much as I would want them to). And I see the Lions at least winning against TB or the Vikings (if Stafford is back). With the Panthers and Bengals picking before the Bills I see the Panthers selecting Andrew Luck and the Bengals selecting AJ Green.

1st Round-3rd Pick: Patrick Peterson/Da'Quan Bowers - We have already witnessed that Nix will go with BPA in the draft. So you can very well bet on Luck, Green, Peterson, Bowers, Quinn, Dareus or Amukamara being a Bill next season. With Peterson being said as being the best cornerback prospect in a very long time and Bowers having a great season rushing the passer I don't think you can go wrong with either player. I honestly would love either one of these players in the draft but for different reasons. Peterson because our secondary isn't as great as it appears, and Peterson can be a great shutdown corner. And Bowers because of the Bills horrible pass rush, and he would give us a stud on the D-line to go along with K.Williams aka "Meatball" and I already broke down what I would like our front 7 to look like with Bowers (http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=424895). I'm gonna go with Peterson though, because it's a lot easier to find a pass rusher than a shutdown corner, plus I believe that Peterson is the BPA.

2nd Round-35th Pick: Von Miller/Derek Sherrod/Aaron Williams/ Cam Newton - Obviously this pick would depend on where we went in the first round. Cam Newton being in the 2nd Round would be sort of a surprise but if he was I'd want the Bills to run to the podium. I'm not gonna pick him because I doubt he will but it's possible. Since I took Peterson in the 1st I would take Von Miller in the 2nd, he was injured this season but the last 4-5 games he was on fire. These first two picks would give us a stud pass rusher and stud corner!

3rd Round-67th Pick: Kelvin Sheppard/Gabe Carimi/Joseph Barksdale/Kyle Rudolph - Oh is this a tough one for me... There are benefits to all of these players. Kelvin Sheppard would be a great LB next to Poz in the middle and Rudolph would be a great TE for our Offense that is lacking a true threat at the TE position. And we obviously need a lot of help at the Tackle position so both Carimi and Barksdale would be great picks. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but I'm gonna go with Sheppard. I feel like it would be easier to find a tackle in FA or one of these Tackles falling into the 4th, but getting a possible stud LB in the middle in the 3rd round is something you can't pass up. I will say this I would love if we took Sheppard and traded to get back into the 3rd to guarantee one of these tackles.

4th Round-99th Pick: DJ Williams/Jason Pinkston - There are obviously going to be other players available but it's getting more and more difficult the farther I get down the list. Since I went with Sheppard in the third, and in this mock I'm not having them trade up I'll take Pinkston here. If it wasn't for injuries he would've gone at least early 3rd round, but the Bills luck out and get their RT.

4th Round-112th Pick: Ricky Stanzi/Nate Irving/Lance Kendricks - Again there will be other players that will be available at this position but I'll place the players that I believe will possibly be available. Seeing Stanzi available I wouldn't mind if Nix took a shot on him to see how he develops over the year behind Fitzpatrick. But a TE like Kendricks available in the 4th could also work wonders in this offense. I believe the Bills would take a shot on Stanzi, cause you can't count on a franchise QB that you like being available at the position you are drafting every year (especially if you keep putting of drafting one).

I'm gonna stop at the 4th Round pick, but I'd like to see you guys make your choices for each of the rounds, and why you would make that choice instead. I believe this draft would help our weak LB core tremendously, with Sheppard probably backing up and rotating in with Davis, and Miller playing OLB in our 3-4. I feel like it's obvious that our LB is our position of weakness when it comes to the run not our D-line. And if you believe someone else will be available at that draft position who and why would you take him?

^Thanks To LOTO.Tailback For this DIRTY SIG^

Adopt-A-Bill:
Aaron Williams- 32 Tackles 5 PDs 1 FF 1 INT
Scott Chandler- 38 Rec 389 Yds 6 TDs
Nucealius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my finals last week and am finally bringing my 6 year undergrad career to an end. No point in rushing.

Nice mock. I really like the Sheppard pick if we can get him that late.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
yankeegreat2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Bowers but I can't argue with your mock. If we ended up with those players I would be very happy. Great job and good luck on finals.
Excessive8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nucealius wrote:
I had my finals last week and am finally bringing my 6 year undergrad career to an end. No point in rushing.

Nice mock. I really like the Sheppard pick if we can get him that late.

Yeah Finals week is a whole lotta stress, I love college but finals are no fun.

And Yeah I agree on Sheppard, no one around these forums really talks about him and I feel like he will be a solid LB in this league, and will def help our weak LB core.

yankeegreat2 wrote:
I'd rather have Bowers but I can't argue with your mock. If we ended up with those players I would be very happy. Great job and good luck on finals.

Yeah like I said I really like Bowers and Peterson. I think I'm just playing favorites cause I really love secondary players (Asomugha, Reed, and DRC being my favorite players). And I just get excited at the thought of a stud/great CB being on the Bills. And with Miller that will help a little bit with the pass rush problem. If you like Bowers let me know what you think about the link I posted in this post. I just feel like a CB that shuts down a side of the field would do wonders, especially for Byrd who can actually just play centerfield and make plays.

Thanks for the luck on finals, thank god I only have one more to go!

Adopt-A-Bill:
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the picks. I love Peterson and wouldnt have a problem taking him. I like Miller as well but I would hope we address OT earlier. Whether we do that in FA our rd 2 or 3 we need to take one before rd 4. I almost think we need to take two OT. I know Bell has looked better but we need competition in here at that position. Im not really big on taking a QB either unless its late. I would rather wait on that and just let Fitz take the reign. I think we have other issues before QB that still would need to be looked at. DE TE I would rather look for than take a QB and let him sit when he might not even be the answer.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want Cam Newton you will need to take him in the first round. He will be a top 10 pick.

Sig bet
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
If you want Cam Newton you will need to take him in the first round. He will be a top 10 pick.

I really doubt he is a top 10 pick. Maybe late first but not top 10 yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Why would you doubt someone with Cam's ability?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I don't see him as a great NFL prospect yet. I see a lot of Vince Young in him. Also Andrew Luck and Ryan Mallett are better prospects and there is not a lot of teams in the top 10 in desprate need for a franchise QB. He does have great abilities but historically those abilities don't project well into the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Question - What is the ratio of Heisman busts at QB compared to successful ones? I would bet. Its extremely high. Any of you stats guys know? Peace
Excessive8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
billzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I don't see him as a great NFL prospect yet. I see a lot of Vince Young in him. Also Andrew Luck and Ryan Mallett are better prospects and there is not a lot of teams in the top 10 in desprate need for a franchise QB. He does have great abilities but historically those abilities don't project well into the NFL.

I agree and disagree... I feel like he's not worth a 1st round selection, but much like the Tebow situation someone is going to over value him. I really like him as a prospect but I feel like he will be good if he sits for a year or two. And if someone takes him in the top 10 picks they are going to rush him into the starting line up. I disagree with there not being many teams earlier in the draft needing a QB. I think Carolina, possibly Cincinnati, Buffalo, Arizona, SanFran, Tennessee (depending on VY situation), Minnesota, and Seattle all need QBs. It is very possible that Luck, Mallet, Locker, and Newton are taken in the top 10. With the last team reaching for Newton bc of the lack of potential after him... the same can be said about Locker.

Adopt-A-Bill:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excessive8 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
billzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I agree and disagree... I feel like he's not worth a 1st round selection, but much like the Tebow situation someone is going to over value him. I really like him as a prospect but I feel like he will be good if he sits for a year or two. And if someone takes him in the top 10 picks they are going to rush him into the starting line up. I disagree with there not being many teams earlier in the draft needing a QB. I think Carolina, possibly Cincinnati, Buffalo, Arizona, SanFran, Tennessee (depending on VY situation), Minnesota, and Seattle all need QBs. It is very possible that Luck, Mallet, Locker, and Newton are taken in the top 10. With the last team reaching for Newton bc of the lack of potential after him... the same can be said about Locker.

I said desprate need. The eliminates the Bengals, Bills, Panthers, Seahawks, Titans, and Minnesota if Tjax resigns.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Excessive8 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
billzz wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I said desprate need. The eliminates the Bengals, Bills, Panthers, Seahawks, Titans, and Minnesota if Tjax resigns.

Idk I'd say Tennessee would be in desperate need because I don't see VY coming back, and even with Tarvaris I think Minnesota is desperate. I can see Minnesota taking either Mallet or Locker, Tarvaris just isn't the answer.

Adopt-A-Bill:
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Question - What is the ratio of Heisman busts at QB compared to successful ones? I would bet. Its extremely high. Any of you stats guys know? Peace

Well, Bradford is looking pretty good so far, and as much as I want to, I can't write off Tebow as a bust at QB just yet. Before that however, there has really only been 1 successful Heisman winning QB (Carson Palmer in '02) since Vinny Testaverde in '86!! Since then, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Toretta, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Matt Leinart, and Troy Smith are the QB's who have won the Heisman. Not a huge amount of talent in that group.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tyrants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Think again, he is already a top 15 lock... many GMs and scouts expect him to be a top 5 pick when its all said in done especially if he has a great NC game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: