Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some tips for posting in the Bills forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Some tips for posting in the Bills forum Reply with quote

The following is mostly taken directly from titanrick. I also took a section NC SacKing wrote. They get all of the credit for this and I thank them for the effort they put into it.

When posting on the forums please take the following into consideration:

Arrow Check for duplicates. Try to add your comments to an existing topic if possible. I have seen a lot of similar topics lately. If you have a topic discussing Toronto, don't start a new topic when there is already an existing one. We all keep up with most threads so if you ask a question or comment in the existing thread, it will get plenty of attention. Also - please don't take it personally if I lock a thread as a duplicate. I'm just trying to make it easier to discuss the issues, rather than needing to read through multiple threads on the same topic.

Arrow Please keep the posts on topic. I don't see this as much of a problem, but when threads get way off topic, we can create a new thread and keep the existing one on topic.

Arrow Strive for quality. Don't start a topic just to ask a question or something that can be looked up on Google in a few mins. This is an important one if we want this site to be the best on the web. No one here knows everything so don't feel embarassed about that. But rather than asking questions like "What does this guy do?" or "When did we draft that guy?", take some time to research it on the web and find your answer. Then, your post will be more insightful rather than asking questions which could be answered yourself.

Arrow Proof read your post. We all make typos and misspell words. Don't be in such a rush to hit the submit button. This is a fantastic habit to acquire. In all walks of life, you'll find people respect you much more if you take the time to communicate clearly and effectively. Posts like "wat do u tink we shuld d obut the WR pozishun?" are not against the rules, but they're difficult to read and will annoy most of the other members. The more care you take in forming your post, the more interest and intelligent replies it will create.

Arrow Give your topic a descriptive subject which lets members know what they can expect in the post. Don't use generic subjects like "am i" or "help" or "question", etc. This happens occasionally in here. Just make the effort to describe your post in the title. A mysterious title like "Guess what?" may seem like a good way to lure people in, but it creates more duplicate threads and makes the forum less inviting to those who are just reading. They will find a title like "Ellison should start, here's why" much more enticing than one like "Keith Ellison" or "I have an idea".

Arrow Never hesitate to talk to me. As the Bills moderator, it's my responsibility to keep the forum clean of problems. If you have a problem, question, or issue with ANYTHING going on here, please PM me and I will help you. I want everyone to enjoy themselves here, and will do anything to ensure that your experience here is a happy one. If you don't yet have PM priviligaes and have an issue, don't worry about it. I check these forums frequently and will see any potential problems before they get out of hand. Also, if you do have an issue, it's always better to PM me. I don't like airing "dirty laundry" out in public or seeing it: it does the forum no good. PM me and we will get things resolved quicker and much easier.

Arrow Please read and understand the rules:
Forum Rules
Sig and Avatar rules

Arrow If there is a problem that requires immediate attention and I am not online, please contact a Global Moderator:
EliteTexan80, titanrick, stallyns, BaltimoreTerp, GRRLacher, RashaanSalaami

Finally, we're all here to have fun and talk Bills football. If you have a negative comment, please be respectful and never make the comment personal. If you get negative feedback on your post, keep an open mind and don't get defensive. We're unique here in that we promote respect and intelligent conversation. Arguments don't add anything positive.

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work!

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Last edited by jb_gobills on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Buff Naked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also please don't quote the first post! My biggest pet peeve. When you reply everyone assumes you are replying to the first post.
bucs99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said JB

Going to work already I love it!!

DIE HARD BUFFALO BILLS FAN
billzz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Some tips for posting in the Bills forum Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
The following is mostly taken directly from titanrick. I also took a section NC SacKing wrote. They get all of the credit for this and I thank them for the effort they put into it.

When posting on the forums please take the following into consideration:

Arrow Check for duplicates. Try to add your comments to an existing topic if possible. I have seen a lot of similar topics lately. If you have a topic discussing Toronto, don't start a new topic when there is already an existing one. We all keep up with most threads so if you ask a question or comment in the existing thread, it will get plenty of attention. Also - please don't take it personally if I lock a thread as a duplicate. I'm just trying to make it easier to discuss the issues, rather than needing to read through multiple threads on the same topic.

star....star.... triple star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi billsrule101, click on the following link and feel free to introduce yourself in that thread:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66609

^Jamison.

Last edited by jb_gobills on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Okoye&Williams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Im new and like the Bills, after Texans of course.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Okoye&Williams. Feel free to introduce yourself and tell us something about yourself in the introduction thread:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66609

^Jamison.
dtsportscards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB you are running, the best page the Bills have had in a while. I surely appreciate it.

Damond
wethekings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good-Work hopeful people will take this advice and use it. Laughing

^Eaglesphan21 amazing sig.

Quote:
Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted
John Lennon...So true.

Nats Forum http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=146236
billsfanatic707

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go by these rules.
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtsportscards wrote:
JB you are running, the best page the Bills have had in a while. I surely appreciate it.

Damond

gotta agree, i don't visit other teams forums very often at all, but you have to be one of the best mods on the forums. i always look forward to reading your gameday first posts, always so insightful. can't wait to see you back on the boards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billsfanatic707 wrote:

I WILL NOT! I REFUSE! FIGHT THE MAN!

DEETS on the Masterpiece
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volcom_stone10 wrote:
billsfanatic707 wrote:

I WILL NOT! I REFUSE! FIGHT THE MAN!

FASCINATING!!!

so you come to the tips for posting in the bills forum thread, and you don't post about the Bills or The Bills forum! Amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the following to the original post:

Arrow If there is a problem that requires immediate attention and I am not online, please contact a Global Moderator:
vike daddy, titanrick, stallyns, ConvenientTruth, Irish 11, BaltimoreTerp, jagz4life

^Jamison.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: