Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Coaches Reply with quote

I know Marty is looking for an extension but I saw something very interesting. Apparently, Jay Glazer believes that we will not hire Marty back and fire him after this season. Also, the contracts of Cam Cameron are done and supposedly the Charger brass offered them $10k. By his insiders most if not all of those coaches refused that contract per year. Also, many NFL teams are trying to sign most of our coaching staff. I like what Cam Cameron has done with this offense. But, Norman Chow I think said that he is ready to take a next step into the NFL do you think there is any possibility that we could get him on our coaching staff. Also, I don't believe we'd fire Marty. I would love to get Hudson Houck back too. If we do find a way to get Chow does that mean the Rivers is going to be our QB no matter what? Chow and Rivers reunited in the NFL sounds pretty cool. All of this might be false except the coaching staff wanting better contracts than that. I think they may want to get paid better.

I'm kinda getting worried about our coaching staff after hearing this. It might not be credible but wouldn't most if not all our coaching staff be locked up soon. Also, the extension is taking a while for Marty. Is it because of money issues or because Glazer might be telling the truth that we will fire him? This may be because I haven't gotten sleep yet but I'm worried about our coaching staff.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norm chow does not want to leave his job and come to the nfl. I doubt if he will. Houck is coming back but i don't know about mart and cam...
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well if we don't retain Cam we should we do with our offensive coordinator. I do believe that Hudson Houck will be back. Also, what do people think of James Lofton our WR coach? Should we retain him or not? And if Cam leaves who would be your choice for our new offensive coordinator?
supratony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Coaches Reply with quote

SDLTGates wrote:
Apparently, Jay Glazer believes that we will not hire Marty back and fire him after this season. Also, the contracts of Cam Cameron are done and supposedly the Charger brass offered them $10k. By his insiders most if not all of those coaches refused that contract per year.

k.... now.... 1st of all... y the hell u listening to jay glazer??? my god what the hell does that idiot know??? dude i wanna slap u just for believe anything that comes out of that idiot's mouth..... like in billy maddison.... that is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard and everyone in this room is stupider for have'n heard it.... hahahhahahah... k bro not to knock on u... but glazer is an idiot dont ever believe what he spits cause he just throws wild stories out there n hopes they stick cause if they do he can claim that he first said it.... now we just need to lock up cam n our o-line man n we set for next yr, no matter if drew or rivers is back there...
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just signed marty to a new 2 year extension and in the paper it said that cam and lofton will likely be back next year. Supposedley Cam told drew and the rest of the o, after the jets game, that he was coming back next year. Unfortunetaly i was wrong on one thing, Houck is going to start interviewing for other teams on Feb 5. He wants the same size salaey as alex gibbs has for wash. I hoppe we keep him cuz hes a hell of an o-line coach.
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that Marty was resigned to a two year extension. Nobody on this board can argue toward the success and attitude that he has instilled in the chargers this regular season. The article in the UT today mentioned that Houck is going to be looking around for more money. Houck seemed like a witchdoctor this year with what he was able to do with the line, and it is imperative to bring him back. I would much rather see Houck back than Cam. I'm tired of seeing our offense being centered around reverses. When was the last time that worked for us? It would be very intriguing to see Chow and Rivers reunite next year. The fact that we have Rivers would give him a big incentive in leaving USC. Remember when Rivers came out last year Chow talked about how Rivers is as good a Quarterback he has ever been around. Remember how Rivers really blossomed once under the tutledge of Norm Chow.

P.S. I wouldn't mind slapping SupraTony Laughing
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is anyone more valuable to this team it is Houck. He is worth the 1 million he's asking for. But, will the Spanoses want to waste that much for a O-line coach. Spanoses are pretty cheap at times and I just hope we get Houck back. I agree that Chow might want to come here because of Rivers. He also predicted that Rivers would be a Superbowl winner in a few years. Wouldn't it be great if Chow was our Offensive play-calling coach. I mean then he could see firsthand Rivers success. It might make the move of Drew a lot better knowing that Chow is with Rivers. BTW, I don't approve of moving Drew but it's more than likely that it might just happen. Also, I like Cam too but if you had a choice of Cam and Chow who would you take? I'm sure everyone would take Chow. Especially, if Chow shows interest. Which I believe he just might. He wants to coach in the NFL sooner or later and Rivers is here. I think he said that he loves being in California and if he would coach would be somewhere in Cali. So, it's possible. Will AJ try to get Chow?
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do u guys want to get an unproven coordinator in the nfl when we already have a top 10 o coordinator already in cam? Think of steve spurrier, he was awesome in college and when he was available washington fired a proven coach in schottenheimer to get him. That tanked for the redskins miserabely because sinc schottenheimer left the skins havent gotten to 500. Ok, i know this is a different situation bcuz chow is the O COORDINATOR for the two time usc trojans, but is it really different? No one thought that spurrier was going to tank, but he did. If we can sign cam i think it would be downright stupid to sign chow instead of cam.
SDChargers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hes proven with using Philip Rivers....
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's proven to have worked with Rivers. I'm just saying if their is a possibility to get Chow they should at least try. Cam is a great offensive coordinator and I'm not saying I don't want him back.
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tons of coordinators have made successful jumps in the past. Hell your boy Cam was at Indiana before he came here. Chow is easily one of the brightest minds in college football and if I were to take a risk with anybody it would be Norm. Also the reason why someone like Spurrier tanked was because his ego got in the way of being able to transform himself to fit the NFL game. Chow is too bright to do the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: