Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clinton Portis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archuleta31

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK im going to say this and don't take this the wrong way but abey Portis looked so good in denver because their O-Line is so good. I mead who the heck thought Rubin Droughns wouldbe a 1,000 yard back im mean come on. I do think Portis is a great back bt i think expectations were a little too high for him because he did in my eyes come from one of the best run blocking teams in the NFL. Is he good yes will he work out in washington yes, i think with a better QB he will become the back he can be. But now teams just look at him ad think ok they have and not so good QB and a allstar back lets focus our game on stopping the run. And that is one reason he ad a bad season.
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that, I agree with you totally, but I'd still love to see the skins have Ramsey in there healthy for the entire season, and an entire healthy offensive line of Samuels, Dockery, Raymer...or someone else, Thomas, and Jansen. If the skins scheme a little better on offense and throw better, and more often downfield, then that will open up for Portis, and its not like he had a bad year last year. He had 1340 yds, he missed the last game and a half with a shoulder injury and in a couple of games he barely touched the ball like against Pitt. If he had gotten the ball more against Pitt he probably would have had over 50yds in that game, but we got down early and had to play catch up in alot of games so we couldn't focus on him like we wanted to. Especially against Pitt and Philly the first time, if he had gotten the ball more he probably would have gotten close to 100 in each of those games which putts him at over 1500 yds...
And all this without a descent center, and without our best run blocking Tackle, and one of the best run blocking tackles in the game, John Jansen..seems to me we did ok in the running game last year!!
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that, I agree with you totally, but I'd still love to see the skins have Ramsey in there healthy for the entire season, and an entire healthy offensive line of Samuels, Dockery, Raymer...or someone else, Thomas, and Jansen. If the skins scheme a little better on offense and throw better, and more often downfield, then that will open up for Portis, and its not like he had a bad year last year. He had 1340 yds, he missed the last game and a half with a shoulder injury and in a couple of games he barely touched the ball like against Pitt. If he had gotten the ball more against Pitt he probably would have had over 50yds in that game, but we got down early and had to play catch up in alot of games so we couldn't focus on him like we wanted to. Especially against Pitt and Philly the first time, if he had gotten the ball more he probably would have gotten close to 100 in each of those games which putts him at over 1500 yds...
And all this without a descent center, and without our best run blocking Tackle, and one of the best run blocking tackles in the game, John Jansen..seems to me we did ok in the running game last year!!
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: i dont know if u agree with this Reply with quote

I really think that joe gibbs is the problem his offense sucks he goes for all the little plays he never goes for the big splash we had the receviers last year coles is very fast if u let him go strait down the feild he can get atleast 1 or 2 steps on most corners in the game instead gibbs does the little pass behind line of scrimmage and we barly get anything if we got williams or edwards it would open up the running game for portis and the offense wuldnt be almost last in the nfl if we get all the wright pics this year in the draft our offense should be in the top 15 and the defense should be top 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: