Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The question to ask in why the Broncos lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: The question to ask in why the Broncos lost. Reply with quote

I've noticed this in many of the articles I read, and I think it just takes away credit from the Broncos, and how they were basically in the game until the end.

Most of them simply asekd why the Broncos played bad in trying to reason the outcome of the game. But the real question is to ask why they lost.

A team is not required or obligated to play great to win a game. After all, they are just competing against ONE opponent. All they have to do is put more points at the end of the game. The winner is not decided by the team that plays the best. What if both teams play bad, then what? No one can win?

The Broncos may have played bad, they may have allowed the Jaguars to do too much, but they adapted to the circumstances and were competetive in spite of this. The Broncos were indeed poised to make that drive at the end of the game.

Look, in my opinion, the game didnt hinge on the Broncos not being able to run the ball, or the Jaguars having the advantage in the time of posession. The game hinged on the plays from Domanique Hixon, Selvin Young, and Daniel Graham. Thats the reason why the Broncos LOST.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this couldn't have gone in the game thread because ... ?

MUFC OK
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The question to ask in why the Broncos lost. Reply with quote

silus wrote:
The game hinged on the plays from Domanique Hixon, Selvin Young, and Daniel Graham. Thats the reason why the Broncos LOST.

You're right.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could look at it that way or, you could say how about a three and out when Jacksonville is on the 3 or 4 yard line. How about getting off the field on a third down instead of letting the Jaguars run the same play and get the first down every time.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Well, you could look at it that way or, you could say how about a three and out when Jacksonville is on the 3 or 4 yard line. How about getting off the field on a third down instead of letting the Jaguars run the same play and get the first down every time.

Seriously, why didnt they put a spy on Garrard!?!?

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
silus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:

In my view, that was just part of the rhythm of the game. That was the continous pattern established.

When any game is played, both teams are trying to establish a rhythm. Thats why many comeback games begin at halftime, or close to the end of the game when the sense of urgency and desperation is upped several notches, because these new factors enable a team to break out of the rhythm of play that was not serving them. In the Denver game, the play was about even regards to the ability to put points on the board. That is why I focus on the things that shifted the momentum of play significantly. Not things that were part of the play the entire time, like not getting 3 and outs. That happand the whole game, so I dont think it was significant in deciding the outcome.
Dave888259

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
In my view, that was just part of the rhythm of the game. That was the continous pattern established.

When any game is played, both teams are trying to establish a rhythm. Thats why many comeback games begin at halftime, or close to the end of the game when the sense of urgency and desperation is upped several notches, because these new factors enable a team to break out of the rhythm of play that was not serving them. In the Denver game, the play was about even regards to the ability to put points on the board. That is why I focus on the things that shifted the momentum of play significantly. Not things that were part of the play the entire time, like not getting 3 and outs. That happand the whole game, so I dont think it was significant in deciding the outcome.
That's exactly why I think it was significant in deciding the outcome. If they had gone on a little rush of 3rd down conversions, and then it tailed off, in the second quarter or something, and then our defense started making those stands at meaningful times, then yeah, I'd say it was an aberration and the game was decided elsewhere. But the cumulative effect of having your defense on the field or 2/3 of the game in terms of fatigue and frustration is brutal. Granted, the two fumbles are huge game changers, but if we could have been on offense more than 3 plays in the first quarter, I think that definitely would have helped. And like I mentioned in another thread, the Jacksonville fumbles were pretty momentous as well. The fumble that we recovered on the 4 kept the score respectable.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

They probably did, but that "spy" probably couldn't tackle
Pistol_Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukhyubern wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

*cough* Ian Gold *cough*
ElwayDaGreat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pistol_Monkey wrote:
Zukhyubern wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

*cough* Ian Gold *cough*

Seriously,if Gold misses any more tackles i will have a stroke.I sure hope he's gone next year and we bring in a LB that can actually tackle.What good is having all that so called speed if you miss every tackle.I would like to see Dansby or Champ's brother Boss in a broncos uni nest year.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys watched any Detroit games? Boss Bailey misses just as many tackles as Gold. Gold will be fine, we need the DT's to start earning their money. For a million dollars I can get pancaked on the goal line just like Gordon.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Have you guys watched any Detroit games? Boss Bailey misses just as many tackles as Gold. Gold will be fine, we need the DT's to start earning their money. For a million dollars I can get pancaked on the goal line just like Gordon.

^^, what he said.

MUFC OK
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our DT's has nothing to do with Gold missing tackles. Gold, Lynch, and Gordon have been very unimpressive in my eyes. Gordon should have never started in preseason muchless regular season and Gold and Lynch looks like their age is showing looking much slower and missing more tackles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: