Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall... so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cavemanbroncofa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall... so far Reply with quote

Brandon Marshall is showing he was well worth his 4th round (119overall) selection. although his 10 catches for 134 yards this year might not sound like much with Chad Johnson in the same conference but Marshall has extroidinary to this point in his career. Marshall known around the leauge as baby T.O. has shown similar play as Terrell Owens a third round pick (89th overall) but without the attitude as the "player". Brandon has shown the play-making abilities when given the chance. Marshall is always looking to make a play when he touches the ball and isnt afraid of getting hit and isnt afraid to hit someone back as he showed in the Buffalo game when he blew up a Bills linebacker on a block. My reason for this post is to ask a question. Why are we not getting him the ball more often? Brandon is a play maker in the making and is going to be a regular at the pro bowl in a couple of years if he progresses so why not feed him the ball like fat kid feeds himself free cake.
Pistol_Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They get the ball to him as much as they can, it's not a good idea to just focus on him all the time. Gotta spread it around to keep the defense off-balance. Don't get Cutler into the bad habit of staring down 1 receiver. He's not always open, but it's not like he's our only threat either.

Last edited by Pistol_Monkey on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave888259

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you project his stats out, (which is a stupid practice, I know) it works out to 80 catches and 1072 yds and 8 TD's. That's pretty much what Houshmanzadeh put up last year and what Reggie Wayne put up two years ago. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are the gold standard for #2 WR's. For what it's worth, those number are slightly better than what Terry Glenn put up last year. I'd be pretty content with those numbers... I'm really pleased with what I've seen from Brandon, and if he can become an option of Housh/Wayne/Glenn caliber... I would be one very happy Broncos fan, assuming Javon and Travis start getting into the end zone at some point.[/list]

Last edited by Dave888259 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
LEOship

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been very impressed with some of the big catches stokely has been making too
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon is showing some AMAZING ability to get free from tacklers after the catch and is becoming a playmaker. Not to mention his hands are awesome (bills TD). His route running and decision making just need to get a little better, and he'll be an elite #2.

That said, Stokley is absolutely crucial to our success. He has become such a valuable part of our WR corps.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sig ... Smile

MUFC OK
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javon Walker is the reason the Broncos are not getting Marshall the ball more often. What does he have 21 catches and 220 + yards? He gets open in critical situations.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it as a healthy balance right now, can't get stuck in patterns, else the defense will know where we are going. I'd like to see Daniel Graham and Stokley get the ball a little more, just to utilize those weapons a little more. Thay would really keep our opponents on their heals
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall has been very impressive this season. Like Dave888259 said, he is on pace to be one of the top #2 WRs in the league statistically this year. And it's only his 2nd season; not even that because he missed a lot of time last year.

The reason he isn't seeing more action is because Jay has a number of options in the passing game - Walker, Stokely, Graham and the backs. Tony Scheffler should be seeing more action but for whatever reason he has been relegated to the bottom of the depth chart. We have 4+ viable options in the receiving game; not bad for a team that went into training camp with WR being the biggest question mark.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Awol3000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love his attitude and fire on the field. After that last grab in OT, he was so pumped up... He is one of the best blocking WR i have seen in awhile...

Who do you think is going to get the duty of trying to cover him this weekend?
mattpayne11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very satisfied and impressed with our WRs. I think they are the highlight of our team right now...

and did you guys see that stiff arm Henry did last weekend? Awesome stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awol3000 wrote:
I love his attitude and fire on the field. After that last grab in OT, he was so pumped up... He is one of the best blocking WR i have seen in awhile...

Who do you think is going to get the duty of trying to cover him this weekend?

When he hit the Bills linebacker with a block!!! that was such a great block. McCaffery esque.

I think Mathis will be on Javon and to tell you the truth I dont know their number 2 corner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall should have a big game, and a big season. He's bigger than every NFL corner and he's got TE size. He's hard to brign down and I think thats evident so far. He's going to be targeted about 5-9 times a game, mnaybe more depending on the game situation. Javon will, however, always get his before Marshall does, just because that's how it works. Still, everything is coming into place very nice with our WR corps and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kris_kapsner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get a chance to watch many Broncos games. But, last year I watched you guys play once towards the mid-late season and Marshall went off for a 70+ yard TD catch. The motions he went through were so impressive to me that I jumped on him in my fantasy football dynasty league. He has all of the tools to be something truly great. I would compare him to TJ Houshmandzadeh in that he possibly could rival Javon's statistics as the #2 WR on the team.

I traded him in the off season to my cousin who also feels the same way that I do about him. I just don't like holding onto two WRs from the same team. I already have Walker. I traded away Housh because I had Chad Johnson a couple of years ago too.

But, I don't think it'll be too long before Marshall establishes himself as an elite WR in this league. He's awesome.
WR: Jennings, Colston, Calvin Johnson, Evans, Andre Johnson, Crabtree
TE: K. Winslow, Witten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: