Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roddy White??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supratony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Roddy White?? Reply with quote

k well... as to my posting... what do ya'll know about Roddy White?? what i got is that he's outta UAB.... 6-2.... 205... n runs a 4.4 40.... but from all reports i see is that he is move'n up b/c of his speed and height.... now if he is as good as they project him.... do ya'll think he'll fall to our 2ed round pick? cause if we can get him at that speed? i would like to take him instead of trade'n up for mike williams.... ya i know the production that mike had in college aint there in this white fella... but at that speed n hight i like his chances of being a good player
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i've been following him ever since that hawaii uab bowl game. The scouts say he is like a terrel owens type. He's a possesion reciever, but is good at going for the deep ball because of his height and jumping ability. I would be ecstatic if the bolts stole him in the second round. He will probably fall before their second round pick though.
supratony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? u serious? they combare him to TO? well dude.. i like him more now.... then i will hope'n for him in the 2ed round to drop to us.... cause a 1st rounder is too much to gamble on him but i like him with our 2ed rounder
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya they're not saying hes definately gunna be like t.o., but t.o. was also a second round pick and white shows the same physical skills as t.o. Personally i don't think he will be a t.o., but i think he will be like a plaxico burress
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Roddy White definitely sounds like a possibility for the chargers. Some draft sites are now rating him as the 3rd reciever in the draft. Meaning if we wanted him at all we might have to take him with our 24th pick. Also slow down with the T.O. comparison considering he is one of the most talented receivers in the history of the NFL. Also Roddy is supposed to be very rough around the edges in terms of route running, and RAC.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calkiper it seems like u just copy whatver i say, if u have a new point to get across make it, but if ur just going to be repetitive keep it to urself.
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he's anything like TO or Burress it's better than we have now. Where is this guy projected to be drafted? Will he be a 1st rounder?
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: wideouts Reply with quote

yeah, white is a definite possibility, but after workouts he may be graded too high to still be around at the bottom of round 2. another possibility for a reciever who would be a bit of a project is a kid named larry brackins, from pearl river cc. very raw, but he's 6'5", 220 and they say he runs in the 4.5 range. hasn't played a ton of football (like a tight end i know) but has great upside. could be around in the 5th or 6th round...lock him in a room with james lofton and let him develop. maybe he won't help right away, but we have guys we can win with now at WR, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick him up late and see what he can blossom into.
that would free up our premium picks for areas of greater need, mainly FS where i like brodney pool out of oklahoma. he's an early entry guy who i think will be around for us in round 2. he reportedly has sub 4.5 speed, solid in coverage and he led the sooners in tackles from the free safety position this year, so you know he can tackle. i know the whole sooner defense looked bad in the title game, but i saw him in other games, and this kid can play.
then with the 2 first rounders you can fill needs at two of three spots...DE (spears, tuck, roth or cody?) OT (barron, adam terry, munoz?) and another speedy playmaking linebacker (blackstock, crowder, brooks, wallace?).
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For DE I have been wanting Shaun Cody from USC, or Chris Canty from Virginia. I know Chris Canty is a little injury prone but I like what I've read about him. Marcus Spears from LSU is still a possibility but I've heard people say that he takes some plays off. Don't know if that's true or not. I'd prefer Canty or Cody though. Cody is big and strong ala Igor so we'd have 3 D-linemen that are big and strong. Also, I've heard he pass rushes pretty good too. Plus, he's pretty seasoned having played for a top team like the Trojans. I'm sure he would do well in our system. I like what you said about Larry Brackins. How's his attittude? Cause AJ won't draft a guy with character issues. I'd like Vincent Jackson in later rounds too. He's around that speed range too. I like what I hear about Roddy White too. So, there are possibilities later in the draft. Also, would like to know if Roddy White has character issues. If people comparing him to TO that might develop a fat head.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we get chad owens from hawaii in the later rounds. I loved watching him in the hawaii uab game. I think he will be an awesome! punt returner/kick returner in the nfl. He's like tim dwight he tries his hardest and he has a good attitude. He could also be a valuable 4th or 5th wr too. I think he could definately be the answer for special teams. what do u guys think?
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

testy testy chargerman, all that we said that was the same was that we doubt that the chargers can get him in the second. I'm sorry for stealing your incredibly original thoughts. [/quote]
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calkiper, if ur trying to quote something eliminate the checkmark where it says "disable BBCode in this post." That's just a tip bcuz i also had trouible wuoting people.
traderivers2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Williamson and Mark Clayton have also been mentioned for WR.

Spears looked really good at the Senior Bowl. If he could lose 15 lbs (300 to 285) and add some muscle, he could be another Bruce Smith type. Real athletic for a big man.

Kind of a bigger version of Erasmus James.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a good pick up at 28 for Chargers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: