You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Broncos Possibilty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderDawg27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: A Broncos Possibilty Reply with quote

Hey to all Broncos fans. I was just wondering wat your take on this would be, cuz to me, it really got me upset, and am i Browns fan... I was watchin Sportscenter the other night, Inside the Huddle wit John Clayton. Some of u might've seen it, but if not then i'll tell u. Clayton said that there was a possibility that the Broncos might move to a 3-4 defense next season because they think it would be the best way to defend Peyton Manning. First of all, lemme make this very clear to the Broncos organization... If u change your defensive philosophy simply cuz of 1 QB, then u are without a shadow of a doubt INSANE. I don't care how good the opposing QB is. The funniest thing to me though is the fact that the Broncos don't even face the Colts in the regular season next year, and it's obviously no guarantee that they'll face them in the playoffs. Broncos have been statistically in the top 10 in defense, at least from wat i heard, the past few years, so if your gonna defend Manning that way, do it for that particular game, but don't completely change your defense for good. Don't get me wrong, if they wanna switch to the 3-4, then that's fine, good for them, but don't do it simply cuz of one guy...

-ThunderDawg27
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your consideration man.

But here is why we should.

Our linebackers are speedy as hell and definately can play in the three four.

It'll take pressure off of our secondary to consistenly make plays; look how well it's working for other teams.

We have the kind of line you need for a 3-4, we could use a bigger NT though.

We could do this.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
Namy5280

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It'll take pressure off of our secondary to consistenly make plays; look how well it's working for other teams.

Exactly, look at the Patriots and Steelers. Patriots shut down Manning again, and the Steelers had the number one offense with a 3-4 scheme. However, for a 3-4, Denver needs to dramatically improve its D-Line for it to have any huge impact...
ChiefSurgeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we miss far too many tackles to think the 3-4 is going to fix what playing fundamentally sound football in the 4-3 woule readily resolve.
GWilhite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Broncs should definitely work on the 3-4 for flexibilities sake.
Switch up from 4-3 to 3-4 to add a wrinkle. Anything to get more pressure on the opposing QB. And yes I get frustrated by the untimely poor tackling from the current D.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: