Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any news on Mike or Ricky???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkotto23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Any news on Mike or Ricky??? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there was any new news concerning mike vanderjagt, or ricky williams.

Does anybody think mike might get signed by a team?, and what about ricky wasnt he supposed to apply for reinstatement in sept?

thks

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Any news on Mike or Ricky??? Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
I was just wondering if there was any new news concerning mike vanderjagt, or ricky williams.

Does anybody think mike might get signed by a team?, and what about ricky wasnt he supposed to apply for reinstatement in sept?

thks

He failed another drug test.

#JDI
darkotto23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Any news on Mike or Ricky??? Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
darkotto23 wrote:

thks

too bad, i always liked him as a player Sad

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
panther dude

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Any news on Mike or Ricky??? Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
darkotto23 wrote:

thks

i know he was my Favorite RB and its too bad he messed up his career like this Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Any news on Mike or Ricky??? Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
darkotto23 wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
darkotto23 wrote:

thks

i know he was my Favorite RB and its too bad he messed up his career like this Crying or Very sad

mine too, its sad becuase he was an elite RB in the league once
RamRod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Ricky Williams will ever play in the NFL again. He's had too many chances to turn things around and hasn't. I remember him being interviewed on NFL Network and he said he's changed and he now runs a yoga class but I guess not. He seemed really wierd in that interview too. Maybe he'll go back to the AFL or CFL or something.
boston9089

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
I doubt Ricky Williams will ever play in the NFL again. He's had too many chances to turn things around and hasn't. I remember him being interviewed on NFL Network and he said he's changed and he now runs a yoga class but I guess not. He seemed really wierd in that interview too. Maybe he'll go back to the AFL or CFL or something.

I remember that NFL Network interview, they kept talking about how Ricky lied to the face and kept saying he was clean, but shortly after he tested positive. After seeing that interview Williams should audition for some movie roles, he's a pretty good actor. Since he wont ever be back in the NFL. I could also see him signing with that "minor league" thing that will happen to compete with the NFL.
BM#4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ricky has seen his last days as a player in the NFL. I do wonder what happened to Mike though cuz i think he could still be good.

Greatness is never satisfied-John Madden
Night Angel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure someone will sign Vanderjagt part way through the season when their kicker just isnt hacking it.

I really dont care about Ricky. I mean I liked him early on, but once he got big into the drugs, he just wasnt the same guy. Even when he returned, he didnt play with any heart. Merely a shell of his former self. A waste of talent, but I am glad that he isnt playing any more. He would only be playing for the money as that is when he decided he was going to make the comeback, when Miami went after his cash. All of a sudden he had a new desire to play football again Rolling Eyes
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-williamsreinstatement090707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Quote:
Two sources close to Ricky Williams said the erstwhile Miami Dolphins running back is expected to apply for reinstatement to the NFL in October.

While serving the NFL suspension last year, Williams played in Canada, helping the Toronto Argonauts reach the playoffs. He was originally going to apply for reinstatement in April before the latest failed test.

Mike Vanderjagt is a F/A who hasn't been signed yet
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Arem20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that Williams plays in the NFL again. I think Mike will sign with someone soon.
ramswininbyaton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is not coming to the CFL, we are not a place for scraps and srewups. I know we are wose caliber but were not a jailhouse.
Proud Canadian
Dion Phaneuf owns you
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw on espnews earlier that ricky williams plans on applying for reinstatement in october

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a dreadful 3 missed FGs against Detroit that might've won the game, I pray the Raiders organization dumps Seabass and brings in somebody else. Vanderjagt could be that someone.
xmike609x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
After a dreadful 3 missed FGs against Detroit that might've won the game, I pray the Raiders organization dumps Seabass and brings in somebody else. Vanderjagt could be that someone.

So you can miss some more game winners ? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: