Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss to be Traded/Released???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reche Caldwell just got released so this topic might as well be closed.

Nice one, PFT.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Randy is not the perfect WR for the Pats. The pats favor a quick drop, quick pass offense. Moss is that deep threat that thrives on the 7 step drop.

Welker will make more of an impact then Moss this season but Moss is very unlikely to go anywhere until 2008.

Another misconception of the Patriots. New England is one of the few teams in the league that gameplans and playcalls according to their personnel and the abilities of their players. Most teams have a style of offense they run and they plug players into it.

They've implemented more a zone blocking scheme to compliment Maroney's style of running and they've worked A LOT in camp/practice throwing downfield to Moss and Stallworth.

I do agree with you in that Welker will have more of an impact than Moss on this team. He's fearless and will get many opportunities in the slot and in the return game.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
MatAutomatica

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss is in pads and at practice today.
52decleetzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatAutomatica wrote:

Great to hear,he should be in football shape by Week 4-that is if he doesnt decide to take a little more time off in between now and then.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52decleetzu wrote:
MatAutomatica wrote:

Great to hear,he should be in football shape by Week 4-that is if he doesnt decide to take a little more time off in between now and then.

What? He's been in football shape. He was never out of it. As of right now he's questionable for week 1. But i guarantee you right now you'll see Moss way before week 4.

BTW, here is what the "locker room cancer" Rolling Eyes was saying today.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80206693
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously don't see where this rumor originated. Possibly those PFT D-bags were bored and wanted to contrive some controversy. At any rate, Randy is a much smarter guy than a lot of people give him credit for - too smart to ruin what is, in all likelihood, his best shot at getting his career back on track and punching his ticket to Canton. I have all the faith in the world that he'll keep his ego in check and play within the system like he's capable of. Even back in '05, when he was first traded to the Raiders, he said in interviews that there's no QB he'd rather play with than Tom Brady. I see every reason to take him at his word.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
52decleetzu wrote:
MatAutomatica wrote:

What? He's been in football shape. He was never out of it. As of right now he's questionable for week 1. But i guarantee you right now you'll see Moss way before week 4.

BTW, here is what the "locker room cancer" Rolling Eyes was saying today.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80206693

Although I think Moss could have a huge impact in NE; you would be dilluting yourself to think he isn't (or at least hasn't been) a locker room cancer. His abilities have never been in question; his work ethic and will to play have always been.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:

Although I think Moss could have a huge impact in NE; you would be dilluting yourself to think he isn't (or at least hasn't been) a locker room cancer. His abilities have never been in question; his work ethic and will to play have always been.

We don't care what players have or have not done before they come here.

We care about what they do while they're here.
Moss has been nothing short of a model citizen thus far. He's gone to team functions, charity golfing tournaments etc. So until he does something outlandish, which doesn't appear to be in his plans. This whole idea of him being a problem in our locker room needs to disappear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

He's had off-field issues, and he really only had on field issues in Oakland, which had everything to do with the system in place there. The offense was a complete mess...Randy Moss had as many TD catches last season (3) as any quarterback had thrown (Walter 3 TD passes, Brooks 3 TD passes). On many occasions I saw Oakland WRs running 15 yard routes on 3rd and 3, 3rd and 5....ending in a sack. Randy Moss wasnt happy, and theres no excuse for quitting on your team....but can you really blame him ??

His work ethic and will to play have NEVER been an issue....he's always in great shape, and he wants to win. The only thing in question has been his issues with authority and how he pouts when he doesnt get what he wants. He has what he wants right now so all is good and as long as the Patriots are succesful, he won't be a problem at all.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
52decleetzu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
sundancejoe wrote:

Moss has been nothing short of a model citizen thus far. He's gone to team functions, charity golfing tournaments etc. So until he does something outlandish, which doesn't appear to be in his plans. This whole idea of him being a problem in our locker room needs to disappear.

Yeah,a "model citizen" who pulled up with a hammy after all of 4 days of practice,and who hasnt seen the filed since today.I'm sure he is going to comeout like gangbusters Week 1-oh wait a minute he might not even play-and go for 115 yds and 3 TD's.

Like the man says,"I play when I want to play"
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah,a "model citizen" who pulled up with a hammy after all of 4 days of practice,and who hasnt seen the filed since today.I'm sure he is going to comeout like gangbusters Week 1-oh wait a minute he might not even play-and go for 115 yds and 3 TD's.

Yes...but in New England...he plays when Bill Belichick lets him. That was the case this preseason. He had NO say in whether or not he practiced or played in preseason games. It was the coaching staffs' plan to keep him out and make sure he's 100% for when it matters because they made the mistake of rushing back Chad Jackson and look where he is.......

He'll play week 1.....but he'll be on a "snap count"

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
sundancejoe wrote:

CP, the problems did not start when Moss first arrived at Minnesota or at Oakland. They built up over time. Moss can be a petulant child if he doesn't get his way. Perhaps Belichek can keep him in line, but to say that he won't be an issue because he isn't yet an issue disregards his track record.

Also if you do not care what he did elsewhere, why did you trade for him? Oh, you cared about his production elsewhere, but everything else doesn't matter. I see now. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps Moss turns it around and is a model citizen for the entire year. Perhaps not. This was the risk you guys signed up for when you traded for Moss. Until the rest of us are shown that he can be a model stay citizen and stay that way, you are going to have to deal with this. It is what it is.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:

Yes...but in New England...he plays when Bill Belichick lets him. That was the case this preseason. He had NO say in whether or not he practiced or played in preseason games. It was the coaching staffs' plan to keep him out and make sure he's 100% for when it matters because they made the mistake of rushing back Chad Jackson and look where he is.......

He'll play week 1.....but he'll be on a "snap count"

That's the big question: can Moss play in the "My word is final" system that Belichek runs? So far, he has not shown that he can, based on his previous two stops. I guess it will come down to if he wants the ring badly enough.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Perhaps Moss turns it around and is a model citizen for the entire year. Perhaps not. This was the risk you guys signed up for when you traded for Moss. Until the rest of us are shown that he can be a model stay citizen and stay that way, you are going to have to deal with this. It is what it is.

And thats why he is on a leash...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:

His work ethic and will to play have NEVER been an issue....he's always in great shape, and he wants to win. The only thing in question has been his issues with authority and how he pouts when he doesnt get what he wants. He has what he wants right now so all is good and as long as the Patriots are succesful, he won't be a problem at all.

His will to play has never been an issue? What are you talking about? You do know we are talking about RANDY MOSS...that has been the biggest issue. When he doesnt get what he wants, he takes plays off and doesnt play hard.

I love how Patriots fans think their team is so above and beyond every other team in this league and that they are immune to all the bad things. They werent immune to the HGH bug that has taken one of their best players. One minute Patiots fans are calling him one of the best, and then this happens and all of a sudden he is expendable.

Now with Randy Moss, Pats fans are blind to what this guy is all about. I remember when the rumor started about him going to NE, Pats fans were like "This guy is a selfish a$$ and there is no room for the likes of him on our team" Now, all of a sudden, he is a great guy.

Pats fans crack me up.

I hope he works out well for you guys, I really do, but just wait and see what happens if he doesnt get enough balls his way.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: