Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss to be Traded/Released???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49577
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I checked, this wasn't the 'post your opinions on Randy Moss' thread. Confused
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9105
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Moss will be a huge dissapointment in NE. He will catch less than 60 balls and will have fewer than 8 TD's. You can quote me on that. The most overhyped signing of the entire off-season.


Last I checked the man pulled his hamstring. Let him do something before you kick em down. He may only catch 60 balls, but if that frees up Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth and Ben Watson who cares.

THe fact is Moss will stretch the field and if the Pats use him as a decoy all year long it wouldnt matter to Brady any.

Bottomline he will not be cut.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Bottomline he will not be cut.


Which beings up the question of why this thread is even still open.

Right now it holds the same merit a thread title "Clinton Portis, to be cut or traded"

The merit here being zero.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaytrajik


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 13714
Location: Odessa/Houston
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words of wisdom - Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see Wink
_________________


life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
gibbythemute


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 10879
Location: BGKY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Words of wisdom - Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see Wink


Truer words were never spoken.
_________________

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PlayMaker88


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 5372
Location: Big "D" Baby....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Words of wisdom - Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see Wink


But......"I heard it through the grapevine..." Wink
_________________

Sig by BQS!!

It's been 4 years, can I call Robert J. Carpenter III a bust now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
js.HippiE


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 1256
Location: New York, New York?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbythemute wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
Words of wisdom - Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see Wink


Truer words were never spoken.



o really?

i bet that that is just as true as this statement.


The Jets COlors are Green and White.


Laughing
_________________

Im Really Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mksadng


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 2198
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Moss will be a huge dissapointment in NE. He will catch less than 60 balls and will have fewer than 8 TD's. You can quote me on that. The most overhyped signing of the entire off-season.


First:He wasnt a signing, we traded for him get your facts straight.
Second: Even if he doesnt catch 60 balls he will be a great decoy and leave Stallworth and Watson and Welker man to man.
Third: The Cowboys will have a top 20 pick. Mark my words.
_________________

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
52decleetzu


Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 1007
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Bottomline he will not be cut.


Which beings up the question of why this thread is even still open.

Right now it holds the same merit a thread title "Clinton Portis, to be cut or traded"

The merit here being zero.


Ohreally.......

POSTED 10:15 a.m. EDT, September 2, 2007

MOSS RUMORS DON'T DIE

We are hearing more -- not less -- of those rumors that the Patriots might pull the plug prematurely on the Randy Moss experiment.

The talk is intensifying in the media, and among league insiders. One league source tells us that Moss is "bitching quietly" about his perceived role in the offense. A media source says that "where there's smoke there's fire" on this story.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald mentions the rumors, and reports that Tim DiPiero, who represents Moss, had not heard of any potential issues with the former Pro Bowler whose arrival in New England has helped to push expectations higher than ever.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1028856#articleFull

Though Moss was not released on Saturday, the team could still dump him prior to next weekend and avoid responsibility for his $2.5 million salary. As we mentioned on Saturday night, the Pats currently have six receivers on the roster -- Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, and Kelley Washington. (Troy Brown and Chad Jackson are on the PUP list.)

Notably absent are any youngsters who would try to earn reps with the offense in the future through heavy involvement in special teams. As the roster is currently configured, guys like Gaffney and Caldwell (both starters in 2006) and Washington would be used for punt/kick coverage/return teams.

Could it be that the Pats will try to shop Moss to someone like the Packers or the Vikings before cutting him? Though Minnesota coach and former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress surely has no interest in acquiring another potential T.O., owner Zygi Wilf might conclude that a return by Randy could be the way to sell out all of the seats for 2007.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntonioGates


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 7819
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If PFT is the only source, then I don't understand why it is creating a buzz. If ESPN or Yahoo reports it, then I'll believe it.

PFT: "Charles Bentley to Eagles a done deal"

PFT" "Pete Carroll confirmed to be Chargers new head coach"


Last edited by AntonioGates on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49577
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52decleetzu wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Bottomline he will not be cut.


Which beings up the question of why this thread is even still open.

Right now it holds the same merit a thread title "Clinton Portis, to be cut or traded"

The merit here being zero.


Ohreally.......

POSTED 10:15 a.m. EDT, September 2, 2007

MOSS RUMORS DON'T DIE

We are hearing more -- not less -- of those rumors that the Patriots might pull the plug prematurely on the Randy Moss experiment.

The talk is intensifying in the media, and among league insiders. One league source tells us that Moss is "bitching quietly" about his perceived role in the offense. A media source says that "where there's smoke there's fire" on this story.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald mentions the rumors, and reports that Tim DiPiero, who represents Moss, had not heard of any potential issues with the former Pro Bowler whose arrival in New England has helped to push expectations higher than ever.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1028856#articleFull

Though Moss was not released on Saturday, the team could still dump him prior to next weekend and avoid responsibility for his $2.5 million salary. As we mentioned on Saturday night, the Pats currently have six receivers on the roster -- Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, and Kelley Washington. (Troy Brown and Chad Jackson are on the PUP list.)

Notably absent are any youngsters who would try to earn reps with the offense in the future through heavy involvement in special teams. As the roster is currently configured, guys like Gaffney and Caldwell (both starters in 2006) and Washington would be used for punt/kick coverage/return teams.

Could it be that the Pats will try to shop Moss to someone like the Packers or the Vikings before cutting him? Though Minnesota coach and former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress surely has no interest in acquiring another potential T.O., owner Zygi Wilf might conclude that a return by Randy could be the way to sell out all of the seats for 2007.

LOL
deep background.

Can this crap already, will ya?
There's no smoke or fire here.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#RunTheEast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, ohhhh boy that little write up was good for a laugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
David34_Bears


Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 342
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's welcome in Chicago! He could finally escape the possibility of ever being owned by Peanut again. Except in practice Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6326
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Moss the most overhyped off season deal? Of course he is. Randy is older and injury plagued now he will not be a 16 td guy again in this league.

That being said their is a solid contribution that he can make to the Patriots team. He will not put up pro-bowl numbers in an offense that spreads the ball around. He will however create opportunitys for other players and make the occasional play.

Moss is a walking attitude problem. BB, however, cancels this out.

Randy is not the perfect WR for the Pats. The pats favor a quick drop, quick pass offense. Moss is that deep threat that thrives on the 7 step drop.

Welker will make more of an impact then Moss this season but Moss is very unlikely to go anywhere until 2008.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian_Patriot


Moderator
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 9017
Location: Halifax
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Is Moss the most overhyped off season deal? Of course he is. Randy is older and injury plagued now


I'm so sick of hearing this.

138 Career Games
132 Played

95.6% of his games, hes been in there.

Doesn't seem to injury prone to me. He is older, so there are more chances for injury, but to just write him off and SAY that he's injury prone, i think is a little silly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group