Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss to be Traded/Released???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkotto23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52decleetzu wrote:
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Seymour to PUP, Moss stays
Posted by John Tomase at 7:44 pm

So much for all the Randy Moss talk. The receiver is safe, but the Pats placed All-Pro defensive end Richard Seymour on the physically unable to perform list, meaning heís out for six weeks.

The Pats cut 21 players, including quarterback Vinny Testaverde, which must be the surprise our source was referring to. Thatís not really much of a surprise, but anyway, hereís the list:

Larry Anam, Chad Brown, Bam Childress, Chris Dunlap, Mike Elgin, Corey Hilliard, Brian Jones, C.J. Jones, Kelvin Kight, Corey Mays, Garrett Mills, Rashad Moore, Gene Mruczkowski, Clint Oldenburg, Marcellus Rivers, Justin Rogers, Quinton Smith, Testaverde, Santonio Thomas, Dante Wesley, and Zach West.

Also, linebacker Oscar Lua was placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

you still have a crazy amount of WR's

moss
stallworth
wlelker
brown
calldwell
gaffney
washington
jackson

i seriously doubt the pats keep 8 WRs in the roster, thou i dont see them cutting moss, probably calldwell, washington or puting jackson on IR

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
Nature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss wants 100 balls a year he won't get it with the Patriots. But I thought he wanted to win a ring Confused

justwinbaby81 wrote:
(Porter owns Bailey).
39-23 FF pick'em
coachconrad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im surprised by this rumour but there have been good points on both sides such as the restructure of his contract and also some people saying that he is a beast.

He has been hampered by a slight hamstring tweak which has bothered him all camp and pre-season.

wutever happens we have alot of depth at the WR position and although I would love for him to play for us I have no problem with Caldwell or Gaffney being beside stallworth.

In fact I have no problem with caldwell, gaffney, watson, and welker being our offence. Caldwell had one bad game last year (although when it mattered most) but found consistency with Tom and I actually had high hopes for him and thought he could improve upon his last season. and with gaffney finding his own in the playoffs last year I thought he would improve. and then Welker was an improvement. and Watson would improve as well. so I wouldn't mind losing Moss but would like to see him on the field for us this season
yordmachine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneof the happiest men alive right here being a jet fan. if its true, how dumb are the patriots?
yordmachine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then picking up Jerry Rice is a good idea for the Vikes. No wait, players eventually get over that hill, even the greatest.

wow this is ridiculous. he was on oaklands offense. and all of the sudden he has nothing left in the tank. just wow, people who truly believe this are out of their minds.
randy moss made an average at best qb in culpepper amazing. he is one of the best receivers ever to play the game. and the pats are dumb to give up a 4th rounder for him? jesus.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons baby! I hope.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem... Moss ain't goin' nowhere.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Dank wrote:
mitchconnor wrote:

Well, they were dumb enough to trade for him. Very Happy

Why were they dumb? A fourth (?) round pick for one of the best WRs in history? Sounds pretty smart to me, especially when Moss took a pay cut to join a winner.

Then picking up Jerry Rice is a good idea for the Vikes. No wait, players eventually get over that hill, even the greatest.

Interesting perspective coming from a guy with a picture of Brett Favre in his signature. Laughing

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Hopper wrote:
I knew Moss to the Pats wouldn't work. It's better to get rid of the cancer now before it spreads during the season.

What are you guys talking about!? Moss is not a cancer here. He and Brady have gotten along great, he's done EVERYTHING the coaches have asked of him. No issues, or problems. He had a hamstring injury early in camp and it's slowed down progress this pre-season. But that's the only thing that hasn't gone right.

Moss is a Patriot.
Come September 9th, he'll be on the field in NY, scoring touchdowns.

hey guess what? he did the same thing when he first went to OAK. TO did the same thing in philly and here in SF, just bc it isnt sour now, doesnt mean that it wont be later.....

no matter what NE fans say he is a cancer. and just bc you dont hear about problems doesnt mean that they arent happening.....
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rumor is obviously BS, Moss isnt going anywhere, but I dont see him in NE past this year unless he takes a pay cut.

Still, I wish people would stop referring to him as one of the best WR in the league. He isnt anymore. Plus with how they do things up in New England, I wouldnt be surprised if Moss became a distraction. Brady isnt like Delhomme as to where he just focuses on one reciever. Brady scans the field and throws it to the best option. He spreads the ball among all his recievers, which is why NE does not need a superstar primadonna like Moss.

Picking up Stallworth and Welker was plenty. Moss is a risk.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Hopper wrote:
I knew Moss to the Pats wouldn't work. It's better to get rid of the cancer now before it spreads during the season.

What are you guys talking about!? Moss is not a cancer here. He and Brady have gotten along great, he's done EVERYTHING the coaches have asked of him. No issues, or problems. He had a hamstring injury early in camp and it's slowed down progress this pre-season. But that's the only thing that hasn't gone right.

Moss is a Patriot.
Come September 9th, he'll be on the field in NY, scoring touchdowns.

hey guess what? he did the same thing when he first went to OAK. TO did the same thing in philly and here in SF, just bc it isnt sour now, doesnt mean that it wont be later.....

no matter what NE fans say he is a cancer. and just bc you dont hear about problems doesnt mean that they arent happening.....

hah.. classic.. because you dont hear any, you still assume and act like there are problems..
Ruger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
The radio station just repeated the fact that the possibility of Moss' release is being discussed in the Rumor Mill on ProFootballTalk.com..

As a Viking fan, I say we bring Randy back home where he belongs. I don't care if he doesn't play a down. He should retire a Viking.

Randy Moss retires years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

He guess what?! The Oakland Raiders are NOT the New England Patriots.

Hey guess what?! Randy Moss is NOT Terrell Owns.

Hey guess what?! How many players do you see acting like idiots on our team? There is a reason for that you know.

"No matter what NE fans say, he is a cancer"

Sounds like what someone would say if they were trying to spread propaganda or something. No matter what we say? lol What if someone says something really well thought out, and it makes pretty solid sense? Don't listen to them because they are a Patriot fan...?

And sure, just because you don't hear about things, doesn't mean they're not happening. Maybe Alex Smith paints his finger nails pink in the off season, hey! We don't know, it could be happening right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BM#4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck bring him to Carolina. Very Happy Cool

Greatness is never satisfied-John Madden
pierrepet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss will be a huge dissapointment in NE. He will catch less than 60 balls and will have fewer than 8 TD's. You can quote me on that. The most overhyped signing of the entire off-season.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: