Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss to be Traded/Released???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
It was being discussed on Minnesota's KFAN Radio just a few minutes ago by Dave Synikin (sp?) a local Minnesota guy who happens to be a big Packer supporter

People are so gullible....... Rolling Eyes

You have to take into account the source.....a Minnesota guy that is a Packer supporter ?!?!?

Randy Moss insulted the state of Minnesota and the Green Bay Packers ("the mooning"). The Packers attempted to acquire him in the offseason and failed. This is a case of sour grapes.....

Bill Belichick is enamored with Randy Moss and he's been nothing but professional since joining the club. I live just outside of Boston, and if there was even the slightest hint of anything going on it would be a headline and talked about nonstop......

Come on guys......you can't believe everything everyone says. Especially when the person saying it knows NOTHING of the situation.

Why does everyone take that little small thing so serious.. that was nothing.. how in the world did it insult a whole state and etc.. no one cares.. people make things bigger than what they really are
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why does everyone take that little small thing so serious.. that was nothing.. how in the world did it insult a whole state and etc.. no one cares.. people make things bigger than what they really are

When Randy Moss went on his tirade about the Vikings, and Minnesota just before he left you dont think he insulted some people ??

I'm not the one making it out to be a big deal. In fact, I don't care about it at all, but some people do. Clearly the moron on the radio who started the rumor to stir the cauldron, has some sour grapes.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Hopper wrote:
I knew Moss to the Pats wouldn't work. It's better to get rid of the cancer now before it spreads during the season.

What are you guys talking about!? Moss is not a cancer here. He and Brady have gotten along great, he's done EVERYTHING the coaches have asked of him. No issues, or problems. He had a hamstring injury early in camp and it's slowed down progress this pre-season. But that's the only thing that hasn't gone right.

Moss is a Patriot.
Come September 9th, he'll be on the field in NY, scoring touchdowns.
what he said. ^_^

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a load of crap, There is not one good reason why there would be any speculation of Randy Moss being released. As most of us know when Randy Moss is motivated, he is great. And Randy clearly is motivated for this year. He is on the great team that he has always wanted, and he has Tom Brady throwing to him. He couldnt be happier. Ovioulsy the person who started this rumor hates Randy Moss, or has the worst inside sources on earth!
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Pats fan, but it's going to be exciting to see Moss go to work this year. I mean, dude took a pay cut. He knows his career is winding down and wants to go out on top. He's a veteran and won't cause any problems at all. Vikes and Pack fans are just bitter as all hell.

Also, let me reiterate that Pro Football Talk are a bunch of tools.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
The radio station just repeated the fact that the possibility of Moss' release is being discussed in the Rumor Mill on ProFootballTalk.com..

As a Viking fan, I say we bring Randy back home where he belongs. I don't care if he doesn't play a down. He should retire a Viking.

I think he should definately retire a Viking, because since leaving, his career has basically gone down the toilet; to know real fault of his own for the Oakland stage but you get the point.

Either way, I dont really think bringing him in for this year would be a terrible idea but Childress would never do it.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsfan01 wrote:
The Pats aren't dumb enough to release Moss. Won't happen.

Well, they were dumb enough to trade for him. Very Happy
KB20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
It was being discussed on Minnesota's KFAN Radio just a few minutes ago by Dave Synikin (sp?) a local Minnesota guy who happens to be a big Packer supporter

People are so gullible....... Rolling Eyes

You have to take into account the source.....a Minnesota guy that is a Packer supporter ?!?!?

Randy Moss insulted the state of Minnesota and the Green Bay Packers ("the mooning"). The Packers attempted to acquire him in the offseason and failed. This is a case of sour grapes.....

Bill Belichick is enamored with Randy Moss and he's been nothing but professional since joining the club. I live just outside of Boston, and if there was even the slightest hint of anything going on it would be a headline and talked about nonstop......

Come on guys......you can't believe everything everyone says. Especially when the person saying it knows NOTHING of the situation.

QFT
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchconnor wrote:

Why were they dumb? A fourth (?) round pick for one of the best WRs in history? Sounds pretty smart to me, especially when Moss took a pay cut to join a winner.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dank wrote:
mitchconnor wrote:

Why were they dumb? A fourth (?) round pick for one of the best WRs in history? Sounds pretty smart to me, especially when Moss took a pay cut to join a winner.

Then picking up Jerry Rice is a good idea for the Vikes. No wait, players eventually get over that hill, even the greatest.
52decleetzu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...this could be true...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Quote:
Rumors, rumors, rumors
Posted by John Tomase at 7:01 pm

Itís 7 p.m. and the Patriots still havenít released their list of cuts. However, a rumor gaining momentum over the last three days is that theyíre planning to drop Randy Moss, which would be a shocker to end all shockers. However, we must stress that in conversations with other league executives weíve been unable to confirm this as anything more than hearsay.

A league source with knowledge of the Patriotsí moves said thereís a surprise on the cut list, but declined to elaborate. That could mean Moss. It could mean Reche Caldwell. Right now no one knows.

The Moss stuff began percolating on Thursday and really gained steam when Pro Football Talk included it in its rumor mill this morning. The theory seems to be the that the Pats arenít sure heíll embrace a role as a decoy. Reached today by colleague Karen Guregian, Mossís agent, Tim DiPiero, said he hadnít heard anything and that he was planning to be in the Meadowlands for Sundayís opener, presumably to watch his client.

Maybe itís nothing. Maybe Moss will be in uniform a week from tomorrow. Weíll keep you posted.
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Then picking up Jerry Rice is a good idea for the Vikes. No wait, players eventually get over that hill, even the greatest.

Uh, only Moss has a lot more gas left in the tank than Rice did. Also, they Pats got him cheap. How was it a bad idea? I bet you'd be singing a different tune had your QB's lobbying efforts been successful.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "surprise cut" is far more likely to be Rodney Harrison than Moss.

52decleetzu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Seymour to PUP, Moss stays
Posted by John Tomase at 7:44 pm

So much for all the Randy Moss talk. The receiver is safe, but the Pats placed All-Pro defensive end Richard Seymour on the physically unable to perform list, meaning heís out for six weeks.

The Pats cut 21 players, including quarterback Vinny Testaverde, which must be the surprise our source was referring to. Thatís not really much of a surprise, but anyway, hereís the list:

Larry Anam, Chad Brown, Bam Childress, Chris Dunlap, Mike Elgin, Corey Hilliard, Brian Jones, C.J. Jones, Kelvin Kight, Corey Mays, Garrett Mills, Rashad Moore, Gene Mruczkowski, Clint Oldenburg, Marcellus Rivers, Justin Rogers, Quinton Smith, Testaverde, Santonio Thomas, Dante Wesley, and Zach West.

Also, linebacker Oscar Lua was placed on injured reserve, ending his season.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm amazed Justin Rogers missed the cut. He was a force in preseason. I hope he clears waivers so the Pats can put him on the practice squad at least, but there's a pretty high likelihood of someone else picking him up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: