Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buster Davis was released...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting a third? Wow, don't see that too often. He should get picked up.
shawn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most cardinal fan's are not to happy about this movie

i actually hope davis sign's somewhere else, as much as i would love for him to be a cardinal, i'd rather him actually be on an nfl roster.

sig made by mike23md
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:

i actually hope davis sign's somewhere else, as much as i would love for him to be a cardinal, i'd rather him actually be on an nfl roster.

Question:

What position was he playing for you guys? I'm not too sure if you guys are running a 4-3 or 3-4 or a hybrid of some kind. I think he would make a pretty good 'Ted' 'backer in the 3-4, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing San Francisco pick him up.

Beast
Blaze

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some GM is happy to hear of his release because you can never have enough intense players on the roster

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Hopper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
shawn wrote:

Question:

What position was he playing for you guys? I'm not too sure if you guys are running a 4-3 or 3-4 or a hybrid of some kind. I think he would make a pretty good 'Ted' 'backer in the 3-4, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing San Francisco pick him up.

Me either, plus Sigletary took Davis under his wing at the senior bowl.

http://lokutusost.ufouni.cz/filmmusic/beltrami/_AJ/
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing coach Whiz promised the fans is irregardless of salary,draft position or seniority he is going with the best chance to win.I am not going to question any of his moves till after the season and see where we stand.We need a total shake up here in Arizona to end the perennial losing ways and this proves to everyone that no matter what you have to work hard and produce.I am not happy we burned a 3rd rounder on a player we cut but sometimes players cannot make the transition to pros from college.Right now I am not happy but I am gonna wait to see who we get to take that spot on the roster.Denny Green never would have done this.The player would have sat on the bench for 3 years and not helped the team anyhow.The team didn't win under Green.Have to trust the Whiz and his win now attitude at all costs.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopper wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
shawn wrote:

Question:

Me either, plus Sigletary took Davis under his wing at the senior bowl.

Yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind. I remember Singletary raving about Davis. He seemed to really take to him.

Beast
Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
I am not happy we burned a 3rd rounder on a player we cut but sometimes players cannot make the transition to pros from college.Right now I am not happy but I am gonna wait to see who we get to take that spot on the roster.Denny Green never would have done this.The player would have sat on the bench for 3 years and not helped the team anyhow.The team didn't win under Green.Have to trust the Whiz and his win now attitude at all costs.

If there was a remote chance Davis would have been a quality player, then Whisenhunt assuredly would have kept him. Much like the Maurice Clarett pick Denver made a few years ago, it's better to admit making a mistake early as opposed to later. We'll see, but I have a feeling Davis will never amount to anything in the NFL.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
I am not happy we burned a 3rd rounder on a player we cut but sometimes players cannot make the transition to pros from college.Right now I am not happy but I am gonna wait to see who we get to take that spot on the roster.Denny Green never would have done this.The player would have sat on the bench for 3 years and not helped the team anyhow.The team didn't win under Green.Have to trust the Whiz and his win now attitude at all costs.

If there was a remote chance Davis would have been a quality player, then Whisenhunt assuredly would have kept him. Much like the Maurice Clarett pick Denver made a few years ago, it's better to admit making a mistake early as opposed to later. We'll see, but I have a feeling Davis will never amount to anything in the NFL.

This is the first I have heard about this.I am gonna watch Whiz's conference on this and try and get a read on the situation.I do know watching pre season he wouldn't have started for this team this season.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Different Team.. Different Scheme.. I'm not going to say he wouldn't amount to anything in the NFL.. There are way more players who are less talented, much slower, who have become successful in the NFL.. Its all about who you go to, what they teach you and how they use you.

Its very possible, this will become one of those things where he could become a very solid player, with the backstory of , 2007 3rd Round Draft Pick cut before 2007 Regular Season Opener.
Volcom_stone10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its kind of hard to believe that he got released, hell the packers kept BJ Sander on there roster longer...

DEETS on the Masterpiece
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he had a bad attitude or something.

I wouldnt think so, but he must have really been awful to be cut. I mean teams carry 4 or 5 backup LBs in some cases.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the coaches tired of him running himself out of plays by going around blocks instead of taking them on? Whatever the reason, whether he didn't fit the scheme or if he had a bad attitude or something else, they should have known about it before they drafted him. For a player to be drafted and then bust down the line is one thing, but to be cut in the preseason 4 months after being drafted is a gross misjudgment on their part.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Cards cut this guy instead of that TE they got in the 7th or whatever? I thought he was sucking all through camp - plus didn't do [inappropriate/removed] in the preseason. Maybe Patrick has improved.

Still, cutting a third rounder isn't unprecedented. There's Clarrett, plus the Steelers drafted a WR from Georgia in the 3rd like two years ago and the guy was totally lost - we cut him as well.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dank wrote:
Still, cutting a third rounder isn't unprecedented. There's Clarrett, plus the Steelers drafted a WR from Georgia in the 3rd like two years ago and the guy was totally lost - we cut him as well.

Fred Gibson was a 4th round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: