Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodney Harrison Suspended 4 Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I have to say that Rodney Harrison has tarnished his legacy forever. He will forever be considered a cheater. With all that being said, let me clear something up.....He admitted to using an HGH (Human Growth Hormone) NOT steroids. Although they are both illegal and wrong and similar in that aspect, they are very different. Steroids are synthetically produced and are used primarily for buliding muscle mass quickly. HGH is a natural hormone in all of our body's that the brain stops secreting when we're in our 30's. The main property of HGH is to increase height, and the other important benefits are that it increases muscle mass, helps in calcium retention in our body, helps in keeping bones healthy, reduces fat in the body, helps in controlling sugar and insulin levels, helps with immunity and several more important functions that keep us healthy when we are young. It is considered believed that HGH is the "fountain of youth". It makes you look and feel young again....thats it's primary function.

Steroids are taken to increase strength and speed in order to get an edge while HGH is primarily taken just to prolong a career and help you look and feel younger. I am in NO way condoning the use of HGH and Steroids but I just had bring to light, the differences between them and the purposes for using each.

I GUARANTEE that theres a handful of players on every team at one point or another that have used HGH.....GUARANTEE. I knew of at least 15 teammates of mine in college (baseball and football) that used HGH for recovery.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
xtremeskinssuck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
eagles for life wrote:
Great, now i find out that the man who was a big reason that we lost the SB is a cheater. Who gives us our rings now?

Yea...Ring please. It's nice to find out that a team who won their third superbowl in four seasons had a pro-bowl cheater. And to see it's Harrison is another story, a dirty player in general cheating is just odd.
When you present us with proof that he was using HGH during that '04 season, then you can have your frickin' rings.
Not so fast. Poor Excuses, spilled milk and water under the bridge don't win Superbowls, although one team in recent memory has whined their way into the Superbowl.... Those rings aren't going anywhere.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yea...Ring please. It's nice to find out that a team who won their third superbowl in four seasons had a pro-bowl cheater. And to see it's Harrison is another story, a dirty player in general cheating is just odd
Actually....he admitting to using HGH only during the recovery of his serious knee injury in 2005. So.........you do the math Very Happy

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
eagles for life wrote:
Great, now i find out that the man who was a big reason that we lost the SB is a cheater. Who gives us our rings now?

Yea...Ring please. It's nice to find out that a team who won their third superbowl in four seasons had a pro-bowl cheater. And to see it's Harrison is another story, a dirty player in general cheating is just odd.
When you present us with proof that he was using HGH during that '04 season, then you can have your frickin' rings.

We won't get the rings anyways.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
So.........you do the math Very Happy

Banned Substance + NFL Player = Cheating

Is that right?
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Banned Substance + NFL Player = Cheating

Is that right?

Reread my post wise guy......the point was that the HGH wasnt a factor in the Super Bowl win over the Eagles, which was prior to the admitted use in '05.

Nice try though....

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Dawkins20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is disapointing...ya i hate the patriots cause there so dam good but harrison is one of my favorite safteys behind dawk,wish it was sumone like brady or asante or sumthin Mad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
eagles for life wrote:

..How do you know he used steroids during that time... and like 3 of the Panthers OL used steroides when they were playing us in the superbowl... we still beat them, you were the worse team will you get over it and stop acting like such a baby.

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you know he used steroids during that time... and like 3 of the Panthers OL used steroides when they were playing us in the superbowl... we still beat them, you were the worse team will you get over it and stop acting like such a baby.

Rodney Harrison did NOT use steroids........he admitted to using HGH which is completely different. It's a banned substance, but used primarily for quick recoveries or recapturing youth. Its really no different than pain-killers or cortisone shots. Millions of people take HGH everyday....LEGALLY. Should he have taken it ?? No, because its a banned substance in the NFL and he should be punished. I commend him for admitting it, because you can't test for it. They have a test but theres no way to detect the use of HGH because everyone has varying levels of it in their bodies. They can't distinguish between a person's natural level of HGH or an increased one.

He was wrong for taking it, but unlike every other athlete caught....he told the truth. He didn't lie, he didn't give excuses. He admitted to using it to recover from injuries that he feared would end his career. It was a mistake on his part, he's taking responsibility for it and he knows he was wrong.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop defending the guy. He's a cheater, just like everyone who uses steroids. Other people get injured all the time but don't stoop so low as to cheat to recover.

Who cares if he admitted it? He wouldn't have admitted it if they hadn't found out, so it's not like he suddenly had an attack on conscience. He would gladly have kept his cheating a secret if he could have.

He knowingly and willingly took HGH hoping to get an advantage. 4 games is not punishment enough for a cheater.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mksadng wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
eagles for life wrote:

..How do you know he used steroids during that time... and like 3 of the Panthers OL used steroides when they were playing us in the superbowl... we still beat them, you were the worse team will you get over it and stop acting like such a baby.

Baby? It's nice to find out that the dynasty of the NFL has a cheater on their team. He was one of your biggest threats on the defense and in that particular game in the Super Bowl he was a major factor in that game. So if there is proof he did take them that season then a lot of those red zone opportunities we missed could've been captalized and we could've won that game.

I have moved on from that, It's just not that cool to find out that a guy like Harrison was taking HGH. We'll see what the NFL says in the upcoming weeks if they have proof of when he did it.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
eagles for life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mksadng wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
eagles for life wrote:

How do you know he didnt? cmon hes over thirty, most of the people would agree that it is very probable that he cheated in his previous years.
And im not acting like a baby, i just point out the fact that the team we played in the SB had a cheater who had 2 ints in that game in their squad.
Athletes around the world have had their titles given to other athletes because they cheated...

Rams vs. Patriots 17-20*; Panthers-Patriots, 29-32*, Eagles-Patriots 21-24*
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles for life wrote:
..How do you know he used steroids during that time

The better question is why is everyone assuming he did.

People are just dying to throw this guy under the boss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles for life wrote:

People are just dying to throw this guy under the bus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
eagles for life wrote:

People are just dying to throw this guy under the bus.

Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: