Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodney Harrison Suspended 4 Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stop defending the guy. He's a cheater, just like everyone who uses steroids. Other people get injured all the time but don't stoop so low as to cheat to recover.

Who cares if he admitted it? He wouldn't have admitted it if they hadn't found out, so it's not like he suddenly had an attack on conscience. He would gladly have kept his cheating a secret if he could have.

He knowingly and willingly took HGH hoping to get an advantage. 4 games is not punishment enough for a cheater

I'm not defending the guy. If you had read my previous posts, you'd see that. What I am trying to clarify for people is that he did NOT use steroids. He used HGH. A substance that most NFL players use when their careers are winding down. It's classified as a performance enchancer.....but it's not. It's a performance prolonger. It is nothing like steroids. Millions of elderly people take HGH everyday to strengthen bones, skin, moderate insulin levels, etc. It is a banned substnace in the NFL and he should be punished for using it, but people need to stop making him out to be a steroid user because it's a completely different substance. Research your information before passing judgement.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game

RODNEY HARRISON ADMITTED TO USING HGH TO RECOVER FROM A MAJOR KNEE INJURY IN 2005.

He was up front and honest about using it, why would he lie about WHEN he used it ??

I guarantee there are a few players on the Eagles that use or have used HGH......it's a very common, undetectable banned substance that many players use.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:

I'm not defending the guy. If you had read my previous posts, you'd see that.

Yes you are. You're using moralistic arguments about how HGH use isn't as bad as steroid use. That's also called defending the guy.

BoneyMaroney wrote:
What I am trying to clarify for people is that he did NOT use steroids.

Did anyone even say he used steroids? I certainly didn't. I only said he is just as much of a cheater as a steroid user.

BoneyMaroney wrote:
He used HGH. A substance that most NFL players use when their careers are winding down. It's classified as a performance enchancer.....but it's not. It's a performance prolonger.

Why don't you do some research? HGH helps increase muscle mass and strengthen bones. Sounds like an unfair advantage to me...

BoneyMaroney wrote:
It is nothing like steroids. Millions of elderly people take HGH everyday to strengthen bones, skin, moderate insulin levels, etc.

WTF do elderly people have to do with this? Absolutely nothing. Stop making moralistic arguments.

BoneyMaroney wrote:
It is a banned substnace in the NFL and he should be punished for using it, but people need to stop making him out to be a steroid user because it's a completely different substance. Research your information before passing judgement.

I never said he was a steroid user! You're putting words in my mouth that I never said. Steroid use = cheating and HGH = cheating. Stop making moralistic arguments about "He was just using it to recover from an injury." How many hundreds of NFL players are injured every year? The vast majority choose the path of hard work to recover. Harrison choose to cheat. If his body couldn't do it anymore without banned substances then he shouldn't have been playing in the NFL.

He's not a steroid user, but like steroid users he is a cheater.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
skylined8300

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
Stop defending the guy. He's a cheater, just like everyone who uses steroids. Other people get injured all the time but don't stoop so low as to cheat to recover.

Who cares if he admitted it? He wouldn't have admitted it if they hadn't found out, so it's not like he suddenly had an attack on conscience. He would gladly have kept his cheating a secret if he could have.

He knowingly and willingly took HGH hoping to get an advantage. 4 games is not punishment enough for a cheater

I'm not defending the guy. If you had read my previous posts, you'd see that. What I am trying to clarify for people is that he did NOT use steroids. He used HGH. A substance that most NFL players use when their careers are winding down. It's classified as a performance enchancer.....but it's not. It's a performance prolonger. It is nothing like steroids. Millions of elderly people take HGH everyday to strengthen bones, skin, moderate insulin levels, etc. It is a banned substnace in the NFL and he should be punished for using it, but people need to stop making him out to be a steroid user because it's a completely different substance. Research your information before passing judgement.

you right HGH is not a steroid

but it does increase performance by increasing muscle mass. no it doesnt make you catch an interception better but it is still cheating, because the game of football is supposed to be played by NATURAL atheltes. not some guy who's time has come and gone and decides to up the ante by using someing that will prolong his carreer

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
eagles for life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game

RODNEY HARRISON ADMITTED TO USING HGH TO RECOVER FROM A MAJOR KNEE INJURY IN 2005.

He was up front and honest about using it, why would he lie about WHEN he used it ??

I guarantee there are a few players on the Eagles that use or have used HGH......it's a very common, undetectable banned substance that many players use.

a cheater can never be honest. And until one of the eagles gets suspended i have to assume that no one uses it.

Rams vs. Patriots 17-20*; Panthers-Patriots, 29-32*, Eagles-Patriots 21-24*
PhillipJordan2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I am not even going to repeat what i said, this is just pathetic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
eagles for life wrote:
..How do you know he used steroids during that time

The better question is why is everyone assuming he did.

People are just dying to throw this guy under the bus.

Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game.

its just angry eagle fans because they never could win the big one...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:

So which one of our guys is suspended for four games this year? If one of the Eagles was caught using HGH, I wouldn't defend him, because that's cheating. I'd rather lose honestly than win by cheating. And even is HGH isn't a steroid, it's still an illegal performance enhancer. It's just one of many ways of cheating. Is HGH a steroid? No. Is using it akin to using steroids? Yes.

And if Harrison was up front about using it he would have told us in 2005, not now. He hid it for years. That's hardly "up front".
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcity43 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
eagles for life wrote:
..How do you know he used steroids during that time

The better question is why is everyone assuming he did.

People are just dying to throw this guy under the bus.

Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game.

its just angry eagle fans because they never could win the big one...

Or angry fans who don't like cheating in the NFL. Harrison has cheated in the past, which puts his whole past into question, including the time he helped the Pats beat us in the Super Bowl. I'm not angry we lost, if in fact we lost to a team that didn't cheat.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not defending the guy. If you had read my previous posts, you'd see that.

Yes you are. You're using moralistic arguments about how HGH use isn't as bad as steroid use. That's also called defending the guy.

I'm clarifying a misconception. Since when is that defending ?? I never said HGH use isnt as bad as steroid use. Thats an assumption on your part. I just merely stated that they're two different substances, used for different reason. One is illegal in the United States....one isn't.

Quote:
What I am trying to clarify for people is that he did NOT use steroids.

Did anyone even say he used steroids? I certainly didn't. I only said he is just as much of a cheater as a steroid user.

Yes, in fact, many people are considering him a "steroid user". I'm just attempting to clarify the difference to people.

Quote:
He used HGH. A substance that most NFL players use when their careers are winding down. It's classified as a performance enchancer.....but it's not. It's a performance prolonger.

Why don't you do some research? HGH helps increase muscle mass and strengthen bones. Sounds like an unfair advantage to me...

If you had read my previous posts, you'd know that I'm aware of this. But it's primary function isnt to increase muscle mass like steroids. It's used primarily to speed recovery and prolong a career or recapture youth, in the case of a football player. It in no way is used to gain an advantage to the extent steroids is. Don't misunderstand my explanation as justification.....I don't condone the use of HGH and Harrison should be punished, but it's not a performance "enhancer" persay.

Quote:
It is nothing like steroids. Millions of elderly people take HGH everyday to strengthen bones, skin, moderate insulin levels, etc.

WTF do elderly people have to do with this? Absolutely nothing. Stop making moralistic arguments.[/

It was a point to put HGH in perspective in comparison to Steroids. HGH is a legal substance (banned in the NFL though) and Steroids is an illegal substance. HGH is a natural substance in everyones' body that is used to prolong life and youth while Steroids is purely synthetic used to gain a quick advantage physically and it ultimately shortens life.

Quote:
It is a banned substnace in the NFL and he should be punished for using it, but people need to stop making him out to be a steroid user because it's a completely different substance. Research your information before passing judgement.

I never said he was a steroid user! You're putting words in my mouth that I never said. Steroid use = cheating and HGH = cheating. Stop making moralistic arguments about "He was just using it to recover from an injury." How many hundreds of NFL players are injured every year? The vast majority choose the path of hard work to recover. Harrison choose to cheat. If his body couldn't do it anymore without banned substances then he shouldn't have been playing in the NFL.

He's not a steroid user, but like steroid users he is a cheater.

I didnt put words in your mouth. I never said you were calling him a steroid user. I just said that "people" need to stop referring to him as one because he's not. You've used the "moralistic argument" defense to death. I am in no way defending him. If you could comprehend what I'm saying, you'd realize all I'm doing is pointing out the differences between HGH and Steroids. I never said he just used them to recover from injuries as a way to defend his actions. I said that because in comparison to steroid users, he was attempting to speed up recovery time. I said he was a cheater, I said he should be punished. I am in no way defending his actions, but I am defending him against people referring to him as a steroid user....I did NOT say YOU were referring to him as one. So before you jump the gun you need to understand that.

The point of everything I'm saying is....Rodney Harrison is a cheater and should be punished. He is not a cheater in the same sense that a steroid user would be, because they are using to gain a clear advantage on the field. He used to gain an advantage in recovery time from a major knee injury in '05....and he was wrong.

TMX Cowboy wrote:

Last edited by BoneyMaroney on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or angry fans who don't like cheating in the NFL. Harrison has cheated in the past, which puts his whole past into question, including the time he helped the Pats beat us in the Super Bowl. I'm not angry we lost, if in fact we lost to a team that didn't cheat.

He's admitted to using HGH to recover from his injury in 2005, which we all know was AFTER the Super Bowl victory over the Eagles. You can assume all you want that he cheated prior to that, but theres as much evidence proving that Terrell Owens or Brian Dawkins used HGH during that season than there is proving Rodney Harrison did.

It's all assumption, aside from what Harrison has said.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:

He's admitted to using HGH to recover from his injury in 2005, which we all know was AFTER the Super Bowl victory over the Eagles. You can assume all you want that he cheated prior to that, but theres as much evidence proving that Terrell Owens or Brian Dawkins used HGH during that season than there is proving Rodeny Harrison did.

It's all assumption, aside from what Harrison has said.

Except, you know, the fact that Harrison has admitted to using HGH in the past. Yes, he said it was to recover from the injury in 2005, but if he was willing to use it then, it's at least possible that he used it before, and certainly not out of the question, whereas Owens and Dawkins have never admitted to nor been caught using performance enhancers. If someone demonstrates they're willing to cheat at a game every game they have played comes into question, and sorry if I don't take Harrison at his word, as he has admitted (only after being caught) that he's dishonest. I'm not assuming that he DID cheat in the Super Bowl, only that he MIGHT have cheated.
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so funny to see the Pats fans up in arms trying to rationalize Harrison's cheating. They know damn well that if Carolina had beaten them in the SB while all roided up, they would sure as hell not have accepted the victory.

Man up and live with it. One of your team's cornerstones cheated, and his legacy is tainted.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Except, you know, the fact that Harrison has admitted to using HGH in the past. Yes, he said it was to recover from the injury in 2005, but if he was willing to use it then, it's at least possible that he used it before, and certainly not out of the question, whereas Owens and Dawkins have never admitted to nor been caught using performance enhancers. If someone demonstrates they're willing to cheat at a game every game they have played comes into question, and sorry if I don't take Harrison at his word, as he has admitted (only after being caught) that he's dishonest. I'm not assuming that he DID cheat in the Super Bowl, only that he MIGHT have cheated.

Thats fair enough and understandably so, but this is a substance which the use of is undetectable. There are HGH blood tests but there's no way to distinguish between a persons' natural HGH level and an elevated one indicative of use. This is a substance that a lot of players use....there's no question every team has HGH users. That has ALWAYS been my assumption, so I don't believe any one team has an advantage over another because of it.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's so funny to see the Pats fans up in arms trying to rationalize Harrison's cheating. They know damn well that if Carolina had beaten them in the SB while all roided up, they would sure as hell not have accepted the victory.

Man up and live with it. One of your team's cornerstones cheated, and his legacy is tainted

It's funny how people like Dank can't comprehend simple statements such as "Rodney Harrison cheated and should be punished" or "Rodney Harrison has forever tarnished his legacy and will forever be considered a cheater".........READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

TMX Cowboy wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: