Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrard named starter, Leftwich likely to be released/traded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newman41

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Garrard was that good and he proved it last year. I like Leftwich and I hope he gets respect unlike what he got in Jacksonville.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I agree, but he'll still be in the discussion. I avoid all Michigan QBs (unless they're Tom Brady) like the plague.

Awww come on, Drew Henson was a pretty good for that "weekend" that he was with you guys. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sig by BQS!!

It's been 4 years, can I call Robert J. Carpenter III a bust now?
Seppuku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Seahawks who are supposedly in the works for a trade for Brunnel now trade Brunnel over to the Jags for Leftwich and a 2nd day draft pick. Either that or Washington does a straight trade, QB for QB. Both teams would be happier but not better.
RayFinkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i shocked?...no not really. i didnt think they would cut him, and this late, but it doesnt suprise me that byron wont be a starter this year. i respect his mental toughness but he isnt physically tough as hes always hurt. he has a cannon arm but absolutely no touch. he tries to gun verything and the wrs cant handle that. he reminds me of farve in that regard...just with even worse decision making and no mobility. byron has never been a good qb...average at best.

i like the jags...amazing running game and sexy defense..but i really dont see them going farther than the first round of the playoffs without a consistent passing threat.
PackAttack785

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Leftwhich could fit in good in Oakland, Atlanta, or Minnesota.

Mercury22 wrote:
I doubt, very seriously, if the Packers even sniff the playoffs next year.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very big news coming from the Jags, just a week before the season. I hope they make the right decision for there team, because I really like Byron Leftwich.
People were picking this team to go to the SB... Surprised

TommyC376 on the Sig
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAttack785 wrote:

Minnesota and Oakland already have log-jams in their QB situation.

Oakland has Culpepper, Walters, McCown (I believe) and whenever he signs Russell. What the hell would they do?

Minnesota has Jackson, Holcomb and Bollinger. As much as Leftwich is an upgrade over probably both Holcomb and Bollinger, I just don't see him wanting to play backup.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the move, but I think this was done at a terrible time. If the Jags were going to cut ties with him they should have done it earlier to get rid of any controversy and give Garrard more time with the first team.

#JDI
das8929

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta seems like the best idea so far.
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Jaguars' fans. You've finally shut the door on the Leftwich era. As I said last season, Leftwich simply hasn't proven anything since entering the NFL, and it's become blatantly obvious that he will never materialize into anything but an adequate backup. Jack Del Rio valued leadership, and based on his comments, Leftwich wasn't capable of providing leadership.

Iggles wrote:
Yep. Atlanta may give up one of their second-rounders for him, and it would be a good idea.

Iggles,

Atlanta would be foolish to trade a second-round pick for Leftwich. I seriously doubt anybody would give up more than a sixth-round pick--even if they still think he has some sort of upside.

Bye-Bye Byron! Where will you land? My prediction: backup to Joey Harrington in Atlanta.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm a Leftwich fan and this is truly a shock.

He should go to Atlanta. They need depth and that o-line is going to get Joey Harrington hurt.
jagman777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Congratulations, Jaguars' fans. You've finally shut the door on the Leftwich era. As I said last season, Leftwich simply hasn't proven anything since entering the NFL, and it's become blatantly obvious that he will never materialize into anything but an adequate backup. Jack Del Rio valued leadership, and based on his comments, Leftwich wasn't capable of providing leadership.

Iggles wrote:
Yep. Atlanta may give up one of their second-rounders for him, and it would be a good idea.

Iggles,

Atlanta would be foolish to trade a second-round pick for Leftwich. I seriously doubt anybody would give up more than a sixth-round pick--even if they still think he has some sort of upside.

Bye-Bye Byron! Where will you land? My prediction: backup to Joey Harrington in Atlanta.

I don't care how bad you think Byron is, but he was our best option. You seriously think Garrad will do better?
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
I don't care how bad you think Byron is, but he was our best option. You seriously think Garrad will do better?

Can you say, Brian Brohm sweepstakes? Seriously, did you expect Leftwich to take the Jaguars deep into the playoffs? I fully support Jack Del Rio, he made an intelligent decision against the grain of the Jacksonville fan base. Good for him.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
CrackMonster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Iggles wrote:

Iggles,

Duh.

Why do people focus on only the last 3 games that David played?

What about the Patriots rally? He almost won it by himself but our WR were nowhere to be seen.

How about the Bills game where he tied it with 32 seconds to go in the 4th quarter only to let Dee Webb and Deon Grant let the Bills receivers run all over them.

Or Washington? Where our secondary gave Santana Moss all he could eat with his 200+ receiving yards?

I truly think DG is an upgrade but not over passing. Garrard is a game manager for now. By the way he played in preseason, he seems to be maturing more as a passer now, too.

Wonders of ElipticDawg.
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I am EXCITED that the Texans will have to play him 2x a year, as I think Gabbert is a David Carr clone.
Vikings4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
PackAttack785 wrote:

Minnesota and Oakland already have log-jams in their QB situation.

Oakland has Culpepper, Walters, McCown (I believe) and whenever he signs Russell. What the hell would they do?

Minnesota has Jackson, Holcomb and Bollinger. As much as Leftwich is an upgrade over probably both Holcomb and Bollinger, I just don't see him wanting to play backup.

yea but if the lions try to go after him that would be hella mad Mad Mad Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: