You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kasper, What are you thinking??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krischambers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Kasper, What are you thinking?? Reply with quote

What is the deal with this guy? Is he stupid, I know he wants to prove something. Well he DID, he can't hold on to the ball. Good job Kasper, You just lost your roster spot, if you even had one.
it's week 3 and The Lions are already getting me excited about who our #1 draft choice will be in 09!!
lionshabs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Kasper, What are you thinking?? Reply with quote

krischambers wrote:
What is the deal with this guy? Is he stupid, I know he wants to prove something. Well he DID, he can't hold on to the ball. Good job Kasper, You just lost your roster spot, if you even had one.

Don't be hating. He made a mistake, so did everybody else on the team. He will cut, maybe because of that but I think he would have been cut anyway with walters and midleton ahead.

I'd rather hate someone who get paid 15-20M$ for doing nothing like rogers or Williams instead of a guy who cost us like 20k.
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Kasper, What are you thinking?? Reply with quote

krischambers wrote:

It was an incredibly egotistical and stupid thing to do, and it showed. However, put yourself in his position - can you imagine what it would be like to be him right now? It makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it, and that's why I'm not so quick to hate him. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.
Dionosys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasper probably felt that he wasn't gonna make a roster taking a knee. He was probably right, he felt he had to do something and prove he belonged there. Too bad for him it didn't work out and out of desperation he brought a kick out 7 yards deep in the endzone.

On a side note, advising him to stay in might have salvaged Calhoun's roster spot. At least I thought it was Calhoun. It was a wise and intelligent thing he was trying to do with Kasper and I'm sure the coaches will have liked what they saw there.
adamjace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya even tho its pre-season and the game doesn't matter it still kinda makes me ask what the heck Kasper was thinking... Calhoun tried stopping him and he pushes calhoun out of the way? well mr Kasper for that little stunt plan on let go in saturdays cuts.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about one stupid play, the Lions lost to the Bills a team with no offense nor defense. The Lions couldnt score to save there lives didnt matter if Kasper fumbled or not they shouldnt of even been close with under 2 mins left. Where is this Explosive offense we seen in Week one when everyone played even the backups where is the running game it managed 80 against a crappy bills defense who have lost 3 starters going into this year and couldnt stop anyone last year.

Sad game I shut it off in the 3rd quarter it was a lousy game to watch, I couldnt stomach the lack of effort i was watching 13 points in a football game bye a high power offense is unforgivenable period.

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Jkidd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Who cares about one stupid play, the Lions lost to the Bills a team with no offense nor defense. The Lions couldnt score to save there lives didnt matter if Kasper fumbled or not they shouldnt of even been close with under 2 mins left. Where is this Explosive offense we seen in Week one when everyone played even the backups where is the running game it managed 80 against a crappy bills defense who have lost 3 starters going into this year and couldnt stop anyone last year.

Sad game I shut it off in the 3rd quarter it was a lousy game to watch, I couldnt stomach the lack of effort i was watching 13 points in a football game bye a high power offense is unforgivenable period.

I agree and they got lucky getting 10 of thos 13 points becous of the muffed punt and the fumbeled snap.
darkomilicic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jkidd wrote:
LION KING wrote:

I agree and they got lucky getting 10 of thos 13 points becous of the muffed punt and the fumbeled snap.

You guys really need to calm down. It was the 4th preseason game. Almost none of our starters played. RELAX. The last game is mostly to see who steps up, and who will get cut. Kasper showed that he doesn't have the discipline to make it on this team. We can't have people looking out for themselves over the team. He is gone come cut time.
Michael1976

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don’t blame Kasper for doing what he did. I believe and I think that most of the members in this forum would agree, that going into the Buffalo game he wasn’t going to make the cut anyway. The last kick return was he last chance to make the team, if he took a knee he would punched his ticket out of Detroit anyway. It sucks he fumbled it and the Lions lost, but he was playing for a roster spot, and when you’re on the outside looking in sometimes you have to take risk that you normally wouldn‘t. If it was the regular season and he did this I would be really irked, but as I said it was the preseason and he was just trying to make the team.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: