Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frostee Rucker Suspended
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Frostee Rucker Suspended Reply with quote

Quote:
CINCINNATI -- Bengals defensive end Frostee Rucker is appealing a proposed one-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the result of settling a domestic violence case in April.

Quote:
If he loses the appeal, Rucker will become the third Bengals player suspended by the league for the Sept. 10 season opener. Commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended receiver Chris Henry for the first eight games for repeatedly violating the NFL's conduct policy.

[Content deleted by mod]

I know there were alot of quotes, but this was an interesting article, especially being a Bengal. I hope this doesn't continue from this team. Rolling Eyes Thoughts?

Frostee Rucker Suspended

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Frostee Rucker Suspended Reply with quote

Too many quotes, actually. Please just quote a couple of lines.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was all under control, I guess not.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from an incident over a year ago. The case was only settled back in April. This is just Goddell backtracking to punish the Bengals more apparenty. If this was settled back in April, why didn't they come to this determination then? Not to much of a difference as he was likely going to miss week 1 with an injury anyway, but the 4 months between this ruling and Goddell's suspension is puzzling.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Blaze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he will lose that appeal especially if Goddel hearing it.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
The Gambler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frostee's incident was from AUGUST 2005. He was still at USC at the time preparing for his senior season. He was charged for this same incident in June 2006. Goodell wasn't named Commissioner until August 2006.

That means Goodell is not only going retro-active with his discipline policy, he is digging into before players were in the NFL. I would not be shocked to see "Player X" suspended next week for charges on underage drinking in high school back in 1998.

What about Luis Castillo? He admitted to taking steroids in college. Where is his suspension?

What about former Miami Hurricane Willie Williams? His troubled past is well documented. Will he be suspended if he makes it to the NFL?

What about the countless NFL players that have had scrapes with the law in high school and college? Is Goodell going to investigate every case in the years before they made it to the NFL?

If the answer to any of these is no, then Goodell is no longer being being unbiased...All I ask for in a commissioner is consistency, but right now, I'm not getting that...
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what it's saying is if you are dumb enough to beat up your girlfriend (which he is) than plead guilty before you sign a contract and become apart of the players association. And why do the Bengals keep sticking up for these scumbags like what they are getting is unfair? You know what's unfair, a women getting beat up by a 250 pound man.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
The Gambler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
I guess what it's saying is if you are dumb enough to beat up your girlfriend (which he is) than plead guilty before you sign a contract and become apart of the players association. And why do the Bengals keep sticking up for these scumbags like what they are getting is unfair? You know what's unfair, a women getting beat up by a 250 pound man.

Frostee is an idiot....My post wasn't so much defending Frostee as it was arguing against Goodell picking-and-choosing his cases arbitrarily....I absolutely am against any form of domestic abuse....

But if you're going to punish one wife-beater, you damn sure better punish them all....
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gambler wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:

Frostee is an idiot....My post wasn't so much defending Frostee as it was arguing against Goodell picking-and-choosing his cases arbitrarily....I absolutely am against any form of domestic abuse....

But if you're going to punish one wife-beater, you damn sure better punish them all....

I agree. If anyone else pleads guilty to domestic violence under this new policy, I'm sure they'll get suspended, too. Especially if they are repeat offenders of the conduct policy.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gambler wrote:
Frostee's incident was from AUGUST 2005. He was still at USC at the time preparing for his senior season. He was charged for this same incident in June 2006. Goodell wasn't named Commissioner until August 2006.

That means Goodell is not only going retro-active with his discipline policy, he is digging into before players were in the NFL. I would not be shocked to see "Player X" suspended next week for charges on underage drinking in high school back in 1998.

What about Luis Castillo? He admitted to taking steroids in college. Where is his suspension?

What about former Miami Hurricane Willie Williams? His troubled past is well documented. Will he be suspended if he makes it to the NFL?

What about the countless NFL players that have had scrapes with the law in high school and college? Is Goodell going to investigate every case in the years before they made it to the NFL?

If the answer to any of these is no, then Goodell is no longer being being unbiased...All I ask for in a commissioner is consistency, but right now, I'm not getting that...

I actually love what Goodell's been doing and think he will do loads for the NFL, but I agree with you here. Punishing a player for something he did before even entering the league is ridiculous especially if you weren't even commish when it happened nor when he was charged.

Anybody know how many guys have actually gotten their suspensions uplifted?

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Niner_Finer23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to be a bengal fan right now do nfl players ever learn

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niner_Finer23 wrote:
I would hate to be a bengal fan right now do nfl players ever learn

Have you read any of the previous posts? This happened long before any Bengal got into any trouble. This was still in the days of Tagliabue suspending a guy 4 games for a federal drug trafficking conviction.
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieth Jackson!
garym

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gambler wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:

Randy McMichael should be gone for about a decade.
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, it's easy to have a knee-jerk reaction to this, for two reasons:

1. This isn't the first time smacking a woman around for Rucker. Did anyone else catch that Outside The Lines?

2. It's good to see someone getting in trouble for a crime that appears to be accepted in the NFL, at least suspension-wise. What's not good is that he gets one game for hitting a defenseless woman, but Chris Henry gets eight games for a bunch of lesser crap. Hitting a woman is inexcusable - and doesn't get enough attention. I wonder if Vick would be starting the opener if he'd beat his wife instead of killing his dogs

Why don't they film some public service announcements with NFL players talking about domestic violence? Check the statistics for that particular crime on Super Bowl weekends. Maybe some drunk, abusive idiot will think twice if Shawne Merriman told him to get help.

The fact is, this is Goodell trying to be "God" Dell and overstepping his bounds again. He is going to start losing these things, hopefully.

I mean, should my part-time job dock my pay because I used to grab notebooks, legal pads and pens for school from the supply room in my old job?

This is idiotic. You've proven your point, Goodell. Now start running the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: