Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 veteran WRs on the trade block?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince.Malachi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
There's such a small chance that any one of these guys is traded.

Because they will be cut? Or because they will just stay on their respective teams?

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince.Malachi wrote:
jagz4life wrote:
There's such a small chance that any one of these guys is traded.

Because they will be cut? Or because they will just stay on their respective teams?

Because nobody is going to trade for them.
metalhead4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikes try and get Chambers. Didn't Spielmen (sp) draft him? I wouldn't mind if they went for Chambers either. He has decent hands, And the Vikes really need some hands.

Props to lago_vista for the great sig.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead4life wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikes try and get Chambers. Didn't Spielmen (sp) draft him? I wouldn't mind if they went for Chambers either. He has decent hands, And the Vikes really need some hands.

Well, if I we're a Vikes fan, I would rather have Clayton or Williams. Chambers can't catch, period. He has horrid hands, decent is even an overstatement here.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Pypz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the vikings pick either of the 3, i would be pretty happy. Any of them would be an upgrade over most of our receivers anyways
Vikings4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
metalhead4life wrote:

Well, if I we're a Vikes fan, I would rather have Clayton or Williams. Chambers can't catch, period. He has horrid hands, decent is even an overstatement here.

yea chambers does drop a lot of open passes but i would still welcome him with open arms just give us so who can catch or go over the middle.
metalhead4life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings4life wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
metalhead4life wrote:

yea chambers does drop a lot of open passes but i would still welcome him with open arms just give us so who can catch or go over the middle.

Too be honest, I have barely ever seen him play. But when I have he did fairly well. That's what I was basing my post on. But like what vikings4life said, I would still welcome him with open arms.

Props to lago_vista for the great sig.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004
KB20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind picking one of them up for a late round pick for the Chargers.
panthersfo'life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
BM#4 wrote:
If this is true then come on chambers to the panthers. Very Happy

id like it but what would we give for him? Think

What is wrong with you guys? Chris Chambers? Seriously? I would rather have Jake out there catching passes for us then this guy. Michael Claytona or Reggie Williams MABYE but no way in heck would I want Chambers. Besides we have enough depth at wide reciever anyway.
BM#4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panthersfo'life wrote:
panther dude wrote:
BM#4 wrote:

What is wrong with you guys? Chris Chambers? Seriously? I would rather have Jake out there catching passes for us then this guy. Michael Claytona or Reggie Williams MABYE but no way in heck would I want Chambers. Besides we have enough depth at wide reciever anyway.

True we do have depth bot remember carter really hasnt shown that he can catch, colbert hasnt had a good season since his rookie season but might be better this year, and others we have are rookies except biddle. Anyway chambers is good IMO when he gets the chance but i dont see us getting him. I wouldnt mind the others either. Dang bud rather have jake catching passes. Laughing

Greatness is never satisfied-John Madden
LTallDay4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB20 wrote:
I wouldn't mind picking one of them up for a late round pick for the Chargers.
That could be a good pick up, the chargers are very weak at wideout. Id like to see them pick up chambers or williams.
Vikes need a RB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Vikes, lest trade a 4th and billy mcmullen for chambers. Very Happy
Honestly, I be happier with Chambers or Clayton, but Williams would be ok.

panthersfo'life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BM#4 wrote:
panthersfo'life wrote:
panther dude wrote:
BM#4 wrote:

What is wrong with you guys? Chris Chambers? Seriously? I would rather have Jake out there catching passes for us then this guy. Michael Clayton or Reggie Williams MABYE but no way in heck would I want Chambers. Besides we have enough depth at wide reciever anyway.

True we do have depth bot remember carter really hasnt shown that he can catch, colbert hasnt had a good season since his rookie season but might be better this year, and others we have are rookies except biddle. Anyway chambers is good IMO when he gets the chance but i dont see us getting him. I wouldnt mind the others either. Dang bud rather have jake catching passes. Laughing

Chambers and Carter are both the same. Fast guys that can't catch. If we were to make a trade then it would be for Michael Clayton. Saying that I highly doubt we would trade for a wide out with all the other guys we are develping. Oh and yes. I would rather have Jake opposite Steve than Chambers anyday.
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Chambers has been a regular source of disappointment for Dolphins fans, even those who would love to hold on to him. Its an interesting dichotomy that I experience myself.

There are catches that Chambers make, that forgive me if it sounds sac religious, but are reminiscent of the amazing mitts of Cris Carter. I've seen Chambers make the catch fully extended with just his finger tips and keep his feet in bounds on a number of occasions. I've seen one hand grabs. I've sick elevation. I've seen impressive speed. However, I've also Chambers drop some balls I'm fairly confident Stephen Hawkins could have made. He was the single most target WR in the redzone over the last two seasons with 19 balls thrown his way...he held onto a mere 3 of those passes. Has he had poor QB play? Undoubtedly. However, he has also made some of the QB's look bad by dropping easy catches in wide open spaces.

He is what can only be called a heart breaker. He is the ultimate tease.

And to further the dichotomy I expressed earlier....I still kinda hope we hold onto him.

Yah, but for a whole lot cheaper, right?

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Chambers has been a regular source of disappointment for Dolphins fans, even those who would love to hold on to him. Its an interesting dichotomy that I experience myself.

There are catches that Chambers make, that forgive me if it sounds sac religious, but are reminiscent of the amazing mitts of Cris Carter. I've seen Chambers make the catch fully extended with just his finger tips and keep his feet in bounds on a number of occasions. I've seen one hand grabs. I've sick elevation. I've seen impressive speed. However, I've also Chambers drop some balls I'm fairly confident Stephen Hawkins could have made. He was the single most target WR in the redzone over the last two seasons with 19 balls thrown his way...he held onto a mere 3 of those passes. Has he had poor QB play? Undoubtedly. However, he has also made some of the QB's look bad by dropping easy catches in wide open spaces.

He is what can only be called a heart breaker. He is the ultimate tease.

And to further the dichotomy I expressed earlier....I still kinda hope we hold onto him.

Yah, but for a whole lot cheaper, right?

Exactly. Chambers may have value, despite his shaky hands, but even a die hard Dolphins fan like myself, should be able to admit that Chambers is no where near worthy of his salary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: