Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 veteran WRs on the trade block?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: 3 veteran WRs on the trade block? Reply with quote

Pro Football Talk wrote:
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a trio of Florida receivers are available to any interested takers.

Specifically Reggie Williams of the Jaguars, Michael Clayton of the Bucs, and Chris Chambers of the Dolphins are on the block.

But Schefter says that no serious talks have occurred regarding any of the three, which means that all three of them are in danger of being released on or before Saturday. Chambers, a second-round pick in 2001, has been the best of the three. Clayton and Williams were first-round picks in 2004. Williams was the No. 9 overall pick; Clayton was No. 15.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I've heard the rumors about Clayton but I'm very surprised that Chambers' name has came up and mildly surprised about Williams.

The Browns are desperate for pass catching help. Get on the phone, Phil!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reggie Williams has some talent, I'd take a shot after him.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 3 guys have played with pretty average to bad QB's over their careers.

A few teams could make HUGE WR upgrades by picking 1 of these guys up, 49ers, Eagles, Browns, Vikings...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Chambers to Minnesota or Philadelphia for a 3rd or 4th round pick? I could see it happening.

So, you my wonder, what exactly is the thought process of a Colts fan?
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't surprised about Michael Clayton and Chris Chambers. Chambers is on the block for Ted Ginn.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chambers has been a regular source of disappointment for Dolphins fans, even those who would love to hold on to him. Its an interesting dichotomy that I experience myself.

There are catches that Chambers make, that forgive me if it sounds sac religious, but are reminiscent of the amazing mitts of Cris Carter. I've seen Chambers make the catch fully extended with just his finger tips and keep his feet in bounds on a number of occasions. I've seen one hand grabs. I've sick elevation. I've seen impressive speed. However, I've also Chambers drop some balls I'm fairly confident Stephen Hawkins could have made. He was the single most target WR in the redzone over the last two seasons with 19 balls thrown his way...he held onto a mere 3 of those passes. Has he had poor QB play? Undoubtedly. However, he has also made some of the QB's look bad by dropping easy catches in wide open spaces.

He is what can only be called a heart breaker. He is the ultimate tease.

And to further the dichotomy I expressed earlier....I still kinda hope we hold onto him.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax guys I am sure all three players have already been signed by the Patriots

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very suprised that Chambers is on the block. Miami has a weak recieving core with Chambers in the line up. I hate to say it, but Ted Ginn Jr. wont be the answer they are looking for this year or a few more to come. I think that all 3 would be perfect fits for someone like the vikings or eagles.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTallDay4 wrote:
I am very suprised that Chambers is on the block. Miami has a weak recieving core with Chambers in the line up. I hate to say it, but Ted Ginn Jr. wont be the answer they are looking for this year or a few more to come. I think that all 3 would be perfect fits for someone like the vikings or eagles.

Well, Ginn seems be getting favorable early reviews from the coaching staff. He's been given only a small amount of PT in the preseason games thus far, but I suspect they plan on using him more than you may think. Also, the Dolphins invested a 3rd on Derek Hagan a mere two years ago and his growth has been solid according to most insiders. I'm not saying all the answers to our future passing game is on the roster, I'm just saying that holding onto something that hasn't been part of the answer so far may or may not make sense.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:

lol thats funny

#FIREHOKE2014
Vikings4life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can really use one of them.man i hope we try to get on of them
boston9089

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Jack DelRio really wants to put a fire under Reggie Williams. First he drops him on the depth chart and now on the trading block. I read earlier today that Williams has made a lot of progress since being dropped down, guess it just wasnt enough progress.
BM#4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true then come on chambers to the panthers. Very Happy

Greatness is never satisfied-John Madden
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:

That one made me laugh

Honestly I'd like to see the Titans go after Chambers, but it probably wouldn't happen. We are already full of medium talent WR. I still believe Chambers has the potential to be a good WR, but as the dolphins fan said above me, he is very inconsistent. Of course I might just want Chambers because I am a Badgers fan, and I root for him no matter where he goes.

Reggie Williams surprised me a bit, although I haven't been keeping up much with the Jags.

Clayton isn't much of a surprise because he was a big disappointment last year, granted he was in the Bucs offense.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love for the panthers to trade for chambers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: