Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newman could miss Cowboys opener
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Newman could miss Cowboys opener Reply with quote

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/082807dnspocowlede.36e99bd.html

Quote:
Newman has a small tear of his right plantar fascia, a band of tissue that starts at your heel and runs along the bottom of your foot. The injury will keep him out of Thursday's preseason finale at Minnesota, and the Cowboys aren't sure when their top cornerback will return to practice.
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this whole article recently about Newman's injury. Although it doesnt sound serious it could really hamper his abilities, especially since the feet are extremely important at CB because u have to run fast and change direction quickly. Some people have described plantar fascitis (sp?) as feeling as though someone stabs you every time you take a step. Without Newman the Cowboys defense falls apart because it relies on him to take away the no1 WR and also their D has no great depth at corner.
This is definetly hugely bad news for the Boys IMO, even though it may not seem like it at first.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! My plan worked out. Twisted Evil

Laughing Wink

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
YES! My plan worked out. Twisted Evil

Laughing Wink

? You have aleady secured your tickets for the Hanson reunion tour?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Manning is gonna rip Aaron Glenn if Newman doesnt play week 1
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:
Eli Manning is gonna rip Aaron Glenn if Newman doesnt play week 1
thats if your oline can keep him off of his back from our front 7.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets hope he is out longer then week 1, lets say after week 9... Very Happy JK
Newman is actually one of the only Cowboys I care to watch and like, so hope he can come back healthy after week 1, he is a huge part of that defense and will be missed.

TommyC376 on the Sig
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this injury is a concern, it's an injury that a player can play through. A mild tear is more annoying than it is damaging. Newman's foot will hurt every time he plants and cuts, but NFL doctors usually give cortozone shots to deaden the pain before gametime. That's probably what he'll have to do all season until he can have surgery on it after the season. Even still, it's something that the Cowboys will have to monitor very closely.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Iggles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
While this injury is a concern, it's an injury that a player can play through. A mild tear is more annoying than it is damaging. Newman's foot will hurt every time he plants and cuts, but NFL doctors usually give cortozone shots to deaden the pain before gametime. That's probably what he'll have to do all season until he can have surgery on it after the season. Even still, it's something that the Cowboys will have to monitor very closely.

Could the shots affect his play? I'd assume that numbing the foot could have some effect on him. It's a shame to see this type of injury, but at least it's not season-ending.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame... their defense should still be pretty good.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Could the shots affect his play? I'd assume that numbing the foot could have some effect on him. It's a shame to see this type of injury, but at least it's not season-ending.

Exactly what I'm wondering. He's not getting cortizone shots to the ribs, so it's a little different. He's constantly on his feet, running planting, etc, I'm not sure about the effectiveness. Anyway, I'm sure he'll play but if he aggravates the tear even worse, say, it becomes a full tear, well then you lose one of the better corners in the game for awhile. It's a sticky situation, but I think he'll still play well.

Thanks, Tzimisce
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol im not worried. eli sucks. i hope he comes back full health come week2

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
caseace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

This brings back "Deons' 'turf toe' episode" to me. I can only hope that Newman functions at 75% of his normal. I feel very bad about this lingering injury as a Dallas fan.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks for the Cowboys. Newman is a rare coverman in todays NFL. It'll really hurt the defense if they lose a guy like Newman. Even if he can play with the injury, he's not going to be the same player.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terence Newman and his foot doctor are doing some intresting things to heal is foot.... Laughing
Quote:
"I have the cure for Newman's foot," Smith writes, "and he HAS to start and play well this year! A year ago, I worked at a goat farm where Grace (the owner of Grace Harbor Farms) created a lotion because she had plantar fasciitis and it worked!

Quote:
We have to get Newman to at least try it. The secret is the MSM, the essential oils, and the goats milk cream (and a little inspiration). This is too important...just think if it works, what a great story it will make."

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks
Well I guess what ever helps, so he can be ready for the season opener.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: