Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has loads of potential. If he does get cut, I'm sure he will get onto a different team. And, that's a wasted first round pick, if he does get cut.

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson was a 2nd round pick.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
PatsTown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The likely hood of him being released seems rather slim, he has soo much potential and was pretty good when he actually was on the field last year. He was rushed back too quick from a Hammy injury that lingured on all year, he will more than definitley start the season on the PUP.
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of Chad he was never exactly given the chance to shine. When he played he did show lots of potential but the Pats didn't play him nearly as much as people expected with a shortage of receivers. Belichick had good things to say about CJ throughout last year but then the question is why didn't he play enough?

There were plenty of moments where I felt he had lots of potential. His 3 TD catches, the drive against the Titans when Vinny scored. The Pats give their picks more than a year to prove themselves. Bethel Johnson, for christ sakes, had 3 years to prove he was worthy of being a second round pick before they cut him. CJ is 22 and recovering from his injury. Next year we have Welker back for sure. I think the Pats will pick up Stallworth's option.

Guarenteed recievers for next year...

Welker
CJ
Washington(if we keep him this year)
Stallworth(not guaranteed but if he does a good enough job this year I say he remains)

FAs...

Moss
Caldwell
Gaffney
Brown

It just seems like we have too much receivers possibly leaving next year to let him loose. He has too much potential to just be cut after ONE season.

I am guessing he gets placed on IR.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Bam Childress playing that well?

Beast
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:

I was almost sure Bam would make the Pats roster last year with the lack of receivers. With the amount of receivers ahead of him this time he ain't making the roster but there is a possibility someone might be interested in him. Otherwise he'll be on practice squad.

Last year in preseason he was playing great. This preseason I've barely noticed him.
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say I would be 100% surprised, but I am about 50/50 I can see reasons why they would, and I can see reasons why they shouldnt. Hopefully, they dont give up on him after just one year. As for San Holmes, now that guy has been pretty good so far. He isnt elite or anything but he is very high quality. I think he will have a big year.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's tough for Chad Jackson. May have been a 2nd rounder but he was a high one who was predicted to go in the 1st. NE is definately not worried about what Jackson can become more than what he is now.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what they could get for him in a trade. Wonder what they could have gotten for him had these rumors not come out.
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats could easily trade him. No sense of just releasing him. Someone would give up a 5th rounder at least for his services once his knee heels.
Also, isnt Moss, Stallworth and I think one other guy on 1 year contracts. Whos to say the both go elsewhere. I cant see him getting cut, place on IR though is a strong possibility.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its because they signed like 5 different recievers when they only needed two. There wasnt a need to sign Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington. All you needed was Moss and Washinton and Jacksonreplaces washinton within two into the season.
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I love Bam and I hope he makes the team, but he was put into a tough spot. He'll probably be cut and some team will pick him up because he is a hard worker and is valuable on ST's and can go out there and give you a couple of catches.

As for Chad, I hope we keep him because he has all the potential in the world. He still is younger then most rookies are now at 22 years old, but he needs to really try his best to prove to Belichick that he knows and understands the playbook and that he can stay healthy. If he can do these two things then he will be a starter in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously posted in the Patriots forum.

HOVA333 wrote:
hollywood14 wrote:
This would be a complete and uter disaster. There are no reasons in the world to cut Jackson, he has the most potential out of any other WR's we got on this team. Jackson isn't expensive, and I think that'd it be a complete disgrace for this team to cut him. No way does a team pass on Javon Walker, trade up 16 spots, pick a player, then procide and cut him 1 season later. If the Pats were to make a move like this, it'd be a huge mistake.

If this is true, I'll go crazy. Crazy.

Hollywood saved me some typing, but I will say right now there is no way in hell Jackson will be cut. With all do respect to Marquise Hill he was a 2nd round pick and ended up being a bust, but he was kept Bc of the slot he was taken and the raw talent he had. The Patriots don't give up on high draft picks too fast, just look at Bethel Johnson.

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Just curious, there's a lot of dissention over Jackson being cut, this just signifies you have 5-6 receivers that are BETTER that Jackson. Does all this uproar come because he's not getting a fair shake or because of his draft status as a 2nd round pick from last year ? He only had 1 good year in college and it shows that BB is only production-minded

Completely off base analysis on this.

First of all, Jackson (if cut) won't be cut just because there are 5-6 receivers better then him, he'll be cut because he's been rumored to have failed to learn our offense. He's been injured twice now ( The hamstring and the ACL ) and that has effected his progress greatly.

I just love how people use cases like this to make comments such as this, "He only had 1 good year in college and it shows that BB is only production-minded" Couldn't be more wrong, maybe you haven't heard of bethel johnson? or randell gay? Belichick is probably the most patient coach in this league, not one only worried about what can you do for me now.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
mksadng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wont get cut... that would be a horrible mistake we have 3 receivers under contract for next year why would we cut Jackson? A guy whos 6-1 215 pounds, I believe ran in the 4.3s at last years combine, had the best hands at the combine out of any receiver, is only 22 and has the most potential of any receiver on our team... These are rumors and nothing else, if he gets cut New England will regret it when he becomes a great receiver in the future.

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon dallas sign this kid when he is cut lol.

#FIREHOKE2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: