Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

Patriots | C. Jackson unlikely to make team's final roster
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:17:17 -0700

Robert Lee, of the Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots WR Chad Jackson (knee) is a long shot to make the team.

http://www.kffl.com/player/13481/nfl

wow. He was a first rounder just last year.

What do you guys think of Jackson and the other 2 big WRs that year? (Santonio Holmes and Sinorice Moss)

They have been a dissappointment so far.
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the second different report that has said Chad Jackson will not make the team. Adam Schefter said the same thing. I really don't like this news at all. He has the most potential out of any of our WR's.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:

Robert Lee, of the Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots WR Chad Jackson (knee) is a long shot to make the team.

What do you guys think of Jackson and the other 2 big WRs that year? (Santonio Holmes and Sinorice Moss)

I thought he was a 2nd rounder, but anyways please cut him and bring him to Tennessee.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way he is going to get cut... he will probably going to spend the year IR or PUP which ever the team decide, but no way he will get released. (If he is released in any shape or form, I want the Eagles to jump on him).

TommyC376 on the Sig
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a 2nd rounder.

These rumors have been swirling for about a week now. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:

When was 850 yds as basically a #3 WR a bad thing for Holmes?? Wink Laughing

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
fanofsteel86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:

Say what you will about Moss or Jackson but leave Holmes out of that discussion. He had 49 catches for 824 (16.8 avg.) with two TDs. Add the fact that he was a rookie on a run-first team and I would say he did pretty darn well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
GiantRutgersFan wrote:

thats not bad. I thought Holmes was the best WR that draft.

But he hasnt exactly proven himself completely either.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chad Jackson Unlikely to make Patriots 53 Man roster Reply with quote

GiantRutgersFan wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
GiantRutgersFan wrote:

thats not bad. I thought Holmes was the best WR that draft.

But he hasnt exactly proven himself completely either.

Fair enough. He'll get his chance this year as our #2 WR this year.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, obviously the team had high hopes for Jackson, but between getting injured time and again, and not having an easy time picking up the offense, it's clear that his role on a team that's made such a huge upgrade at the WR position over the offseason would be limited anyway. I doubt he'll be cut outright. The team will either put him on PUP or IR [more likely the former], but it's been clear since April that he wouldn't become a major contributor until at least 2008.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Well, obviously the team had high hopes for Jackson, but between getting injured time and again, and not having an easy time picking up the offense, it's clear that his role on a team that's made such a huge upgrade at the WR position over the offseason would be limited anyway. I doubt he'll be cut outright. The team will either put him on PUP or IR [more likely the former], but it's been clear since April that he wouldn't become a major contributor until at least 2008.

I may be talking out of whack here but is there any stipulation in his contract or any contract that states if a player has complete ability to play without being injured, that it is detrimental to his...(looking for the right word--career maybe?)... can he still be placed on the IR?

Is there some type of rule that regulates who can be placed on the IR?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the depth New England has at WR (bolstered by their massive splurge on the position throughout the offseason), it was inevitable that they would have to release one or two pretty good players; I just didn't think Chad Jackson would be one of them. We'll see though.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinMan wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

I may be talking out of whack here but is there any stipulation in his contract or any contract that states if a player has complete ability to play without being injured, that it is detrimental to his...(looking for the right word--career maybe?)... can he still be placed on the IR?

Is there some type of rule that regulates who can be placed on the IR?
Well, obviously Injured Reserve implies [and the league mandates] that a player needs to be physically impaired to the extent of being incapable of performing on the field in order to be placed on IR. But the release of information relating to player injuries is at the discretion of the individual teams, so there are probably many times when a team exaggerates or outright fabricates an injury to a player in order to put him on IR, effectively freeing up his roster spot without suffering the cap hit that would go with releasing him. I'm pretty certain that this is what happened with Duane Starks 2 years ago [to cite a recent example of the Pats manipulating the system thusly.]
But Jackson did in fact tear his ACL in the AFCCG last season and hasn't been able to practice, so I don't really think it applies in his case.

BlaqOptic wrote:
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I didn't expect this but I can see it now, with all those new receivers and all he's done is disappoint.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think he showed some pretty good ability when he got on the field last season. 3 TDs and a 12 YPC average isn't bad, and he did some really impressive things after the catch - especially on his TD in the game against Minnesota. He just needs a chance to get caught up on the offense and establish a role for himself, as well as develop chemistry with Brady. That's not easy to do when you're buried on the depth chart behind the likes of Moss and Stallworth.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: