Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions safety Bullocks out for season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David34_Bears wrote:
Thats a shame. Hes a good young player.

I don't mean to pile on the Lions fans right now, but WOW, I can't believe that the Lions already terrible secondary just got worse. I'm not hating, I'm just stating facts. They have nobody at cb and now have nobody at safety. Its gonna be rough on defense for Detroit.

Educate yourself then. Detroit played Bullocks at FS but he is a SS. He was not a great fit at FS. Alexander and Bashir are better fits at FS. This lose does not hurt as much as you are all trying to make it seem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
David34_Bears wrote:

I don't mean to pile on the Lions fans right now, but WOW, I can't believe that the Lions already terrible secondary just got worse. I'm not hating, I'm just stating facts. They have nobody at cb and now have nobody at safety. Its gonna be rough on defense for Detroit.

Educate yourself then. Detroit played Bullocks at FS but he is a SS. He was not a great fit at FS. Alexander and Bashir are better fits at FS. This lose does not hurt as much as you are all trying to make it seem.

but he was still the starter. Even if Alexander and Bashir were better fits at the FS positions, the coaches were going to start Bullocks. Whether he knew the system of not, Bullocks was over Alexander. And also, being a better fit doesnt always tranlate into success.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAttack04 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
David34_Bears wrote:

but he was still the starter. Even if Alexander and Bashir were better fits at the FS positions, the coaches were going to start Bullocks. Whether he knew the system of not, Bullocks was over Alexander. And also, being a better fit doesnt always tranlate into success.

I agree. However it is not as big a loss as everyone in here is stating. "There goes their season" "Huge loss" "Wow" etc is way over board. Does it suck? Yes Does it hurt? Some Will it equal more losses? No

Losing him wont change their record. They are a few people away from a decent secondary so the losses etc will be the same.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
They are a few people away from a decent secondary so the losses etc will be the same.

Shocked I thought they were a whole secondary away from a good secondary.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
fgs5635

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrage wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
They are a few people away from a decent secondary so the losses etc will be the same.

Ouch Shocked

But yet funny Very Happy
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrage wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

You all laugh at their secondary because you dont know the names but it will surprise some people. Wilson, Smith, Alexander will turn heads. It will take them time to gel and they will get torched early but I think they are under estimated because they arent the sexy names like Bailey, Woodson. Law.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Enrage wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

You all laugh at their secondary because you dont know the names but it will surprise some people. Wilson, Smith, Alexander will turn heads. It will take them time to gel and they will get torched early but I think they are under estimated because they arent the sexy names like Bailey, Woodson. Law.

They're not underestimated. They simply haven't done anything yet. You cannot expect respect and admiration for players who haven't played or played well yet. I'm appalled that 'sexy' names like Bailey, Woodson, and Law were even mentioned in the same post as what the Lions have to trot out in Honolulu blue and silver. Law has fallen off from his previous level of play and Woodson has never become the player he was expected to be coming out of Michigan, but they're both still on a different plane of existence compared to Wilson, Smith, and Alexander. Sure they'll get torched early and get better as they go along, they have nowhere to go but up. But I believe the only heads they'll be turning with any consistently this season are their own, towards the endzone seeing their opponents celebrating obnoxiously.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Enrage wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I believe the only heads they'll be turning with any consistently this season are their own, towards the endzone seeing their opponents celebrating obnoxiously.

Like this:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions were happy when Terrence Holt left. They must have depth there since they let Holt the scrub go and have better options.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
The Lions were happy when Terrence Holt left. They must have depth there since they let Holt the scrub go and have better options.

I actually liked Holt but he never lived up to expectations. I think paired next to Wilson he will do just fine though.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I actually liked Holt but he never lived up to expectations. I think paired next to Wilson he will do just fine though.

I hope you are right.He hasn't exactly showed he can be a starter for the full season yet.Did anyone in the pre season show they can come up big or are the Lions waiting for the Saturday cuts to look around?
xmike609x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't the Lions put Mike Furrey back at Safety ? He was a solid player when he played Safety for St. Louis. If I'm not mistaken he had 4 interceptions in his last year with the Rams.

I'm not saying to stick him there full time, but use him there often because you guys don't really need him to take away double teams from Roy Williams since you now have CJ (who Im sure will scare Defenses more than Furrey.)

Just an interesting though I guess.
m0town12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmike609x wrote:
Why don't the Lions put Mike Furrey back at Safety ? He was a solid player when he played Safety for St. Louis. If I'm not mistaken he had 4 interceptions in his last year with the Rams.

I'm not saying to stick him there full time, but use him there often because you guys don't really need him to take away double teams from Roy Williams since you now have CJ (who Im sure will scare Defenses more than Furrey.)

Probably wouldn't know the plays until like week 15.. but he was solid for the Rams.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmike609x wrote:

Alexander > Furrey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I hope you are right.He hasn't exactly showed he can be a starter for the full season yet.Did anyone in the pre season show they can come up big or are the Lions waiting for the Saturday cuts to look around?

They didnt spend a 2nd round pick on Alexander for no reason. He will be the one who fills the hole IMO. Maybe Bashir first few eeeks but by week 5 starting gig is Alexander's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: