Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kelly Holcomb is a popular QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 832
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trade for the Vikings.

From the time he spent in Buffalo I have concluded that he is that he is a conservative QB that won't turn the ball over but won't win games for you. If he starts you are going to need a defense that can get turnovers.

I don't feel Buffalo got ripped off trading Holcomb back in March for a 7th round pick when they could have got a 6th in August. He would have took up a roster spot and took playing time away from Trent Edwards.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2ToneBlue


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 320
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buff Naked wrote:
Good trade for the Vikings.

From the time he spent in Buffalo I have concluded that he is that he is a conservative QB that won't turn the ball over but won't win games for you. If he starts you are going to need a defense that can get turnovers.

I don't feel Buffalo got ripped off trading Holcomb back in March for a 7th round pick when they could have got a 6th in August. He would have took up a roster spot and took playing time away from Trent Edwards.
Conservative with the ball?!?!

With Buffalo he had 10td's, 8int's, 17 sacks, and 13 fumbles (lost 5 of them)... How is that a QB that won't turn the ball over? Had more turnovers than touchdowns in his 10 games. He averaged over 2 turnovers a game. He did however show his scrambling ability with 18 attempts for 11 yards and a TD that year Laughing

Should be a good backup, but a 6th is a little steep, but that's just my opinion. I'd most likely give a 7th and a 6pack of beer just so they can celebrate. Hopefully the Vikes won't need to call on him.
_________________
Patriots are cheaters, Nuff Said!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamethus92


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 4986
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only assume this will mean Atlanta is going to make a play to grab Andrew Walter or Josh McCown. They'll have to wait until JaMarcus signs, of course.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clayman


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 393
Location: NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holcomb is a fine backup. He's fairly accurate, but if he gets it past the marker on 1st and 10, he's probably winded himself. He does need good protection, our sub-par line in Buffalo caused a lot of fumbling from him.
_________________
Trent Edwards: 39/55, 454 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Marcus Stroud: 7 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 4 pass def.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 832
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ToneBlue wrote:
Conservative with the ball?!?!

With Buffalo he had 10td's, 8int's, 17 sacks, and 13 fumbles (lost 5 of them)... How is that a QB that won't turn the ball over? Had more turnovers than touchdowns in his 10 games. He averaged over 2 turnovers a game. He did however show his scrambling ability with 18 attempts for 11 yards and a TD that year Laughing

Should be a good backup, but a 6th is a little steep, but that's just my opinion. I'd most likely give a 7th and a 6pack of beer just so they can celebrate. Hopefully the Vikes won't need to call on him.


Wow... I didn't realize he had that many Ints and fumbles. All I remember is him dumping the ball off. I still think he is conservative. He reminds me a lot of Trent Dilfer.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaKingPin


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2332
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arem20 wrote:
Night Angel wrote:
Man, the Falcons really dropped the ball on that one. They really needed a veteran QB there to backup Harrington.

I agree.


This is good news. Maybe the Falcons will take Brunell from the Redskins now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagz4life


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 35586
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pickup for the Vikes... an solid insurance policy.

Not much love for Tavaris I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TIP


Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 46
Location: M & T Bank Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan536890 wrote:
TIP wrote:
That doesn't make him popular. He still isn't in the top 20 best qb list or w/e

What are you talking about STILL, was he ever, did I miss something? Confused


Well your right, never was and probbaly never will
_________________

Ocho Cinco with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Achilles


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 2611
Location: Grand Forks, ND
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Nice pickup for the Vikes... an solid insurance policy.

Not much love for Tavaris I guess.


First off it's Tarvaris, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Jackson has earned the starting spot and has looked pretty good this preseason. The only reason the vikings acquired Holcomb is because Bollinger has looked beyond terrible, and we now have Holcomb to be the primary backup to Jackson. Bollinger will be moved back to 3rd on the depth chart.
_________________


"I quit smoking to give emphazima a break and to allow diabetes to catch up."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SublimeViking


Joined: 22 Dec 2005
Posts: 3489
Location: SoFla
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achilles wrote:
jagz4life wrote:
Nice pickup for the Vikes... an solid insurance policy.

Not much love for Tavaris I guess.


First off it's Tarvaris, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Jackson has earned the starting spot and has looked pretty good this preseason. The only reason the vikings acquired Holcomb is because Bollinger has looked beyond terrible, and we now have Holcomb to be the primary backup to Jackson. Bollinger will be moved back to 3rd on the depth chart.


I sure hope not. I really want Tyler Thigpin to win the final spot at QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Newman41


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 2925
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Nice pickup for the Vikes... an solid insurance policy.

Not much love for Tavaris I guess.


The Vikings look like they love Tavaris Jackson but if he falters or gets injured they have Kelly Holcomb who's a decent QB instead of Brooks Bollinger.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Achilles


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 2611
Location: Grand Forks, ND
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SublimeViking wrote:
Achilles wrote:
jagz4life wrote:
Nice pickup for the Vikes... an solid insurance policy.

Not much love for Tavaris I guess.


First off it's Tarvaris, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Jackson has earned the starting spot and has looked pretty good this preseason. The only reason the vikings acquired Holcomb is because Bollinger has looked beyond terrible, and we now have Holcomb to be the primary backup to Jackson. Bollinger will be moved back to 3rd on the depth chart.


I sure hope not. I really want Tyler Thigpin to win the final spot at QB.


Childress has already been quoted as saying Bollinger will be a member of the 53-man roster.
_________________


"I quit smoking to give emphazima a break and to allow diabetes to catch up."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thestonedkoala


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 4051
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trade for the Vikings. Locked up a solid veteran QB, who seems to be a good mentor (look at JP Losman) and did well on a horrid Browns team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple-Pride07


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 17334
Location: Right Behind You
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Rofl@ Kelly Holcomb


Elaborate, please.


Your talking to an AC Milan suporter...coming from a Juventus fan, believe me this is all you will ever get from them disaacs Wink
_________________


"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group