Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheifs sign Drummond
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rays_Peeps34

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Cheifs sign Drummond Reply with quote

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed free-agent receiver/kick returner Eddie Drummond, days after Drummond was cut by the Lions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to fill halls shoes?

#FIREHOKE2014
RamRod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
to fill halls shoes?

More than likely. If he wants to fill the shoes of the 2003 Dante Hall, that will be tough.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
to fill halls shoes?

More than likely. If he wants to fill the shoes of the 2003 Dante Hall, that will be tough.

The '03 X-Factor? Yes, it would be hard for almost anyone to fill those shoes. But the '04, '05, or '06 EX-Factor? Not hard to do...hence the reason he was traded. While the thought of the human joystick on turf is scary as hell, Drummond will be a pretty sizable upgrade at Arrowhead. All Dante did the last 3 years was dance around until he was into negative yardage, then proceeded to get wrapped up by 5 guys all at once. He was always after the big play instead of just hitting the seam. I wish him the best in St. Louis, but it was time for a change of scenery for both parties involved. I'm just hoping that Drummond's broken shoulder blade is completely healed. I have a sneaking suspicion that his injury might be the reason his tendered offer was so low from the Lions. Well, that, and Martz plays favorites. Drummond was obviously not a "favorite" in motor city.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
eaglesfan536890

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a good pickup. They needed to someone to take over where Hall left off, but I don't think he can, Hall is a much better returner.

ryknowssd on the sig
Bird Watch: Brodrick Bunkley
Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall may be better but they needed a adequate replacement which he is

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Arem20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me why the Lions released him and who are the Lions going to have as there KR?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arem20 wrote:
Can someone tell me why the Lions released him and who are the Lions going to have as there KR?

The Lions didn't release him. Instead, they made him a low-balled tender offer which he decided not to sign. As a result, he became a free agent. We then signed him. According to reports, the reason he was allowed to walk was because of Mike Martz. Drummond apparently didn't "fit" into his system. That's the best I could find.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Arem20 wrote:

The Lions didn't release him. Instead, they made him a low-balled tender offer which he decided not to sign. As a result, he became a free agent. We then signed him. According to reports, the reason he was allowed to walk was because of Mike Martz. Drummond apparently didn't "fit" into his system. That's the best I could find.

Ummm...no we released him

http://detroitlions.com/press_releases.cfm

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - The Detroit Lions announced today that they have released WR/KR Eddie Drummond.

Drummond spent five seasons with Detroit after first signing as an undrafted free agent following the 2002 NFL Draft. During his time with the Lions, he emerged as one of the NFLís premier kick returners. Drummond is one of three players in NFL history (Chiefs KR Dante Hall, 2003; Bears KR Devin Hester, 2006) to have two punt return and two kickoff return touchdowns in a single season (2004). Last season, Drummond finished with 1,349 kickoff return yards on 62 kick returns (21.8 avg).

He just wasn't the same after his shoulder injury and we had guys outperforming him at WR. I wish him luck because he did some great things here but the simple fact is that he became expendable once he became an average KR/PR.
panthersfo'life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Tampa Bay. They really wanted him. It looks like there streak will continue.
Chicken & Beer

Location: Plainwell, Michigan (30 Miles South of Grand Rapids)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummond is a solid but not great Return Man. He really was realsed because of the fact he is a terrible Wide Reciver & didn't fit Marts plans for Wide Reciver even for Depth & he hasn't been able too stay healthy what so ever the last 3 Years. Thou I wouldn't expect to much out of Eddie he has been very average since his 2004 Pro Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummond is a decent return man and he will be a good replacement for Dante Hall who really fell off after his brilliant '03 season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Broncos were really intrested in him... Good pick up by the Chiefs to upgrade there return game.

TommyC376 on the Sig
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After losing Hall, this makes a lot of sense. Nice signing.
krischambers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arem20 wrote:

I beleive it had more to do with Eddie not being much of a WR. I believe Martz was looking for a return man that he had confidence in to play offense as well as return kicks. He is a kick a$$ return man but not much of a WR. I see Troy Walters taking kicks but also see Troy being WR #5
it's week 3 and The Lions are already getting me excited about who our #1 draft choice will be in 09!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: