Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russel "secretly" doesn't want to play for Oakland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabbytage wrote:
There are mansions in Oakland? And how would he pay for it? Ummm, no offense but have you seen where he lived in Alabama?

Ok heres the sit. If i am about to get paid 31 million dollars (in garunteed money) and i come to buy a house of you, BUT i dont have the money yet. Do you go, i anit selling to you. Or yes ok you'll pay me when you become a multi millionaire. Which further lends weight to him signing, as the sellers of the house would have to trust he is about to sign said multi million dollar deal.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the record, I haven't said one negative thing about your team.[/quote]

Well to be honest i wasnt talking to you in the first place but when a fan of team that has plenty of their own problems comes in to rag on my team i will exploit the issues i see with their team so i wasnt even directing my comments towards you but i already know the Raiders have their issues but when Lions, Texans, Browns fans etc come in and talk crap on the Raiders when there own teams have tons of problems that havent been fixed in years it kinda pisses me off being that we were in a super bowl in the last 5 years
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Mat wrote:
Just a quick question

Which players held out for a very long time (how much) and what did they achieve in their careers ?
Thanks

BTW, I just wanted to state that Russell is stupid because he screwed up his first year.

Phil Rivers held out until the last 3 days of training camp.
Keyshawn Johnson missed 24 days of training camp

If not for a torn labrum in Brees' shoulder, Rivers might not have gotten the starting job last year. He held out, Brees won the job by default and then became the 2004 Comeback Player of the Year. For two years, Rivers sat on the bench. Now, you could probably argue this was good for Rivers since it gave him time to learn the speed of the NFL, but it did cost him playing time.
duke2056

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Oakland drafts him again next year, he would deserve it. What a jerk. How hard would it have been to just tell Oakland publically that he didn't want to play for them. Not only a jerk, but really, really stupid. Oakland might be making out on the deal by not paying him all that money.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Mat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
91jmay wrote:
Mat wrote:
Just a quick question

Which players held out for a very long time (how much) and what did they achieve in their careers ?
Thanks

BTW, I just wanted to state that Russell is stupid because he screwed up his first year.

Phil Rivers held out until the last 3 days of training camp.
Keyshawn Johnson missed 24 days of training camp

Thanks man
Well I thought I would actually get names of crappy players more than of good players. Even if Rivers holdout must have set him back.

I'm disgusted by this kind of story. This is a privilege and he will be paid a bunch of money but he still holds out Rolling Eyes
Blaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
I hope Oakland drafts him again next year, he would deserve it. What a jerk. How hard would it have been to just tell Oakland publically that he didn't want to play for them. Not only a jerk, but really, really stupid. Oakland might be making out on the deal by not paying him all that money.
IMO both sides are being stubborn and need to srike something soon. How much is Russel asking for?

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story has no merit whatsoever Russell wouldve told the Raiders he didn't want to be drafted by them and would have missed all the voluntary camps earlier in the year also. The part that bothers me is there was 3 months before camp to strike a deal and that time was not taken advantage of by either side wich leads to all these unfounded rumors. A deal will be made...when? I don't know but both sides know they will both lose if something can't be worked out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did he get the money to buy a mansion if he hasn't signed a contract yet?
Hiero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
Where did he get the money to buy a mansion if he hasn't signed a contract yet?

its obviously a loan. His agent could pay the monthly rent for him until he can afford it. Either way the real estate company knows hes gonna be worth like $50mill sooner or later.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
MiamiU5251

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting ya I don't know wat is the real reason I heard that it had something to do with like something in his contract like a bad boy contract . That if he does anything wrong illegally. And get in trouble wit the law that they can take money back from him and he won't sign that.

I also heard its cause russell want it in his contract that he get so much money whether he is playing starting riding bench or gets hurt and raiders won't do that.

So its gonna be good to c wat reason really is cause so far its all wat we r speculating

"What time is game time what time is it game time, all the dogs in the house !! Lets go ravens!! 52"
TIP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who can blame him. Plus with the new addtion of Daunte Culpepper.

Ocho Cinco with the sig
Chicken & Beer

Location: Plainwell, Michigan (30 Miles South of Grand Rapids)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Isn't going too sign before the Start of the Regular Season opener Is he ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken & Beer wrote:
Russell Isn't going too sign before the Start of the Regular Season opener Is he ?

who knows right now, but im sure both sides will come to an agreement sooner or later

holdouts happen

Location: Plainwell, Michigan (30 Miles South of Grand Rapids)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunny187 wrote:
Chicken & Beer wrote:

who knows right now, but im sure both sides will come to an agreement sooner or later

holdouts happen

Thou the real question Is how long Is that sooner or later going too be ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
IMO both sides are being stubborn and need to srike something soon. How much is Russel asking for?

Quote:
The agents were believed to be looking for a six-year deal worth $60 million with $30 million to $32 million in guarantees.
The Raiders contend their deal exceeds $30 million in guarantees and includes the skill and injury protection Metz and Lock have sought, but the agents now want more guaranteed money. A skill and injury clause guarantees Russell's money if he were cut or injured while with the Raiders.

I also read that his agents now want the guaranteed money to be in the $36M ballpark.
http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/46015.html

Last edited by NESNAT on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: