Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins are interested in Peter Boulware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Redskins are interested in Peter Boulware Reply with quote

Len Pasquarelli is reporting we have some interest in signing him. I don't know how much but if we get him that would really improve our pass rush.
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh this is great news. I really hope we can sign him, i never even thought of that when he got released. Thanks for the info.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link. I have espn insider but I didn't see anything about the redskins being interested in Boulware. Nothing in the Post or the Times either.

He would be great to have but we are going to have a hard enough time signing our two 1st rounders let alone someone with a 6mill proce tag. Even if he signed a Jamie Sharper type, cap friendly contract, we still couldn't swing it.

I am not holding my breath
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
Do you have a link. I have espn insider but I didn't see anything about the redskins being interested in Boulware. Nothing in the Post or the Times either.

He would be great to have but we are going to have a hard enough time signing our two 1st rounders let alone someone with a 6mill proce tag. Even if he signed a Jamie Sharper type, cap friendly contract, we still couldn't swing it.

I am not holding my breath

It was on the KFFL.com they had a little blip about it. Like 4 or 5 teams are interested in him.
taylor36

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he play DE?
andrew91

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I seem like I am trolling..
But yes, he can. And god...he and Arrington...oh god....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
Sorry if I seem like I am trolling..
But yes, he can. And god...he and Arrington...oh god....

I don't think answering someones question is considered trolling, but who knows, maybe it is in some of the other forums.

Anyway, nfl.com has him listed as weighing 255. That would have to be one of the smallest DEs playing. I'm not sure I believe that the Skins are looking at him though. It seems like every time a player hits the market the Skins get thrown in to the group of interested parties. I haven't seen the article that the OP was talking about though.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm sorry I didn't provide a link when I first found this but I wouldn't make it up. The KFFL said that Len Pasquerelli was Reporting the Redskins, i think the Texans and a couple other teams were interested in him. However Boulware said he wanted to play for Indianapolis if they were interested in him. They were not one of the teams reported by Len however.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
Well i'm sorry I didn't provide a link when I first found this but I wouldn't make it up.

I wasn't implying that you made it up, I meant that the media might be exaggerating the Skins interest in him.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an agent trick and it worked until this year. Saying the Redskins were interested in a player usually meant that if you wanted them too, you had better sign them now b/c you would loose to the skins in salary/bonus offered. Anyone that hit the market and they tried it with Samari Rolle this year, someon leaks the redskins are interested to get other teams to make quicks bids eith a lot of up front money in hopes they can steal him from the skins, who aren't even interested. I hate agents, especially Drew "Satan" Rosenhaus.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
Thats an agent trick and it worked until this year. Saying the Redskins were interested in a player usually meant that if you wanted them too, you had better sign them now b/c you would loose to the skins in salary/bonus offered. Anyone that hit the market and they tried it with Samari Rolle this year, someon leaks the redskins are interested to get other teams to make quicks bids eith a lot of up front money in hopes they can steal him from the skins, who aren't even interested. I hate agents, especially Drew "Satan" Rosenhaus.

That is true, I was just stating what I read though.
TheFranchise

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Times: "Safety Sean Taylor's ongoing absence from the team isn't because of unhappiness with his contract as had been believed, Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said yesterday... Although the Redskins certainly could use another pass rusher, Gibbs said they won't consider signing outside linebacker Peter Boulware, who recently was let go by Baltimore."
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad but I don't think we were ever the front runners to get him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: