You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jammal Brown Hurts Knee in Practice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Jammal Brown Hurts Knee in Practice Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2964457

Guys this is not good. He was down for a really long time. I'm hoping that this is only a minor deal but all knee injuries have to be taken seriously.

Who steps in now for Brown? Bushrod? Strief?

What are you guys hearing?

Keato
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not good at all. Strief showed his worth last season, and while he is no Brown, I think he could really help.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advocate saying it isn't as bad as it looked. Trainers on the field that looked at the knee said it wasn't consistant with any sort of tear.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRILLHO wrote:
Advocate saying it isn't as bad as it looked. Trainers on the field that looked at the knee said it wasn't consistant with any sort of tear.

Link?

When is his MRI scheduled?
slcsaints

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Head Coach Sean Payton said that the injury was to Brownís right knee, but that from preliminary reports, Payton was encouraged. ď(Head athletic trainer) Scottie (Patton) felt pretty good about the stability of it,Ē said Payton. ďA lot of times you can tell right away if there is looseness in the joint. There appeared to be good stability.Ē

That's from neworleanssaints.com. Hopefully Scottie's got it right.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Advocate article.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/8966897.html

Quote:
Brown was taken to a local hospital for an MRI, and Payton hopes to have the results back by this afternoon's practice.

I want the results now! Evil or Very Mad
whodatsims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still have FAITH! But I can't lie that I am not getting nervous. I hope we don't get the injury bug. I hope that Brown will be okay. I guess its time for my softly spoken magic spells.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatsims wrote:
I'm still have FAITH! But I can't lie that I am not getting nervous. I hope we don't get the injury bug. I hope that Brown will be okay. I guess its time for my softly spoken magic spells.

You never told me about those Laughing Where were they for the NFC Champ game? I really hope that this is minor and He can be there for Week 1. We don't need this kind of loss.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this but the stability test the trainer's perform on the field can be missleading. Especially with someone the size of Jammal. He is so big and has so much muscle around his knee that it is going to seem stable no matter what. I know it sucks to hear this but I've got to keep it real in here.

This could still be very bad.

Keato
PhiLSU22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, I think Strief can fill in for a few games if necessary and Bushrod may be serviceable, but this would be very bad. I've done some research over the last few months and concluded that no injury will derail a team as quickly as an offensive tackle, especially your left tackle. Look at the Rams last year. They had a very strong start until Orlando Pace and Andy McCollum went down.

Let's just cross our fingers and hopes things go well with our franchise left tackle. The only injury that would hurt us more would be an injury to Brees.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panther fan here... Just wanted to let ya'll know that I hope it's more a scare that a tear... Even thought ya'll are division rivals, I enjoy watching the Saints play, very exciting. But if the player that you guys jumped ahead of the Panthers in the draft can't play this season, I fear you'll have a difficult time this season. Results should be in soon. We all hope a pray... Good luck this season.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Panther fan here... Just wanted to let ya'll know that I hope it's more a scare that a tear... Even thought ya'll are division rivals, I enjoy watching the Saints play, very exciting. But if the player that you guys jumped ahead of the Panthers in the draft can't play this season, I fear you'll have a difficult time this season. Results should be in soon. We all hope a pray... Good luck this season.

Thanks, It is never fun to see a guy get hurt no matter what team he plays for.

Keato
USCBuckeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a browns fan so i know what it's like to have a top player potentialy out for a long period of time i hope he's ok good luck this year

and btw i don't remember ever hearing a thank you for jumps starting ur suprise season last year im just joking guys Laughing

Dawg24^^^^^^^^
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone bruise.
Sferics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2007/8/Brown%20Update.aspx

Quote:
Jammal Brown Update

Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 7:00 PM

BREAKING NEWS: BROWN'S INJURY DIAGNOSED AS BRUISE; KNEE STRUCTURALLY INTACT

NewOrleansSaints.com has learned from Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager that Saints Pro Bowl left tackle Jammal Brown has suffered a bruised right knee. The results of an MRI taken this morning show that there is not any structural damage to his knee.

Head Coach Sean Payton addressed the media following practice and was pleased with the outcome of the tests run on his All-Pro tackle Tuesday afternoon.

"The results of the tests on Jamal were positive," said Payton. "It came up as a bruise, so weíll wait and see day-to-day here. The encouraging thing is that there wasnít any ligament damage that the doctors could find on the x-ray or MRI. Obviously thatís a big relief."

Payton added that Brown could be back on the field in as little as two or three days and did not completely rule out the chance that Drew Brees' blind-side protector could be in the lineup for Friday night's preseason home opener against Buffalo.

"Letís just see how this recovery process goes," Payton responded when asked when he thought Brown would see game action. "I donít think itís going to be a long period of time. Whether or not he plays this Friday is questionable to doubtful."

Thank the football gods Shocked !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: