You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason move we didn't make
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: The Offseason move we didn't make Reply with quote

With FA all but done, barring signing people during camp due to injuries. What was the one FA you think we should of signed, the one player we should of drafted, or both.

F/A
I personally will stand by this, but I really wanted Buffalo to pursue Drew Bennett. I love his height and catching ability and thought he would of been the perfect compliment to Evans.

Draft Pick
I was really taken back by the Bills draft at first glance. But we got Marshawn and Poz. could of used a CB, but I think bringing in Webster was better than drafting one. So I have no complaints for the Draft. Marvelous Marv had another good one.

I did not include trades (even though I know a lot of people were wanting us to trade for Briggs) because who knows what the other team was asking. So saying I wanted to trade for...lets just say Tory Holt, they could of been asking 3 1st roudners or somethign crazy which would be ridiculous, but if they wanted a 6th round pick, then of course. So that is the reasons I left out and trades.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
Whitner20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Offseason move we didn't make Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
F/A
I personally will stand by this, but I really wanted Buffalo to pursue Drew Bennett. I love his height and catching ability and thought he would of been the perfect compliment to Evans.

I totally agree. Not only Bennett, but i thought that a tall WR was needed most, and if not, a TE, like a Eric Johnson. I think in the open field, we will be fine, but when we are running out of space (inside the redzone) i think we may see some problems. We got many players who need spaceto succeed and not too many who can do much with limited space. Even the jury is out on Lynch as to what he can do with limited space, esspicially with the defense going big on the run defense.

Even if Bennett didn't sign, i was hoping we would sign someone else, and Eric Moulds was also in my mind. We didn't fill that void and i hope it doesn't hunt us back.
bucs99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Agency:

I was really hoping we would bring in a another taller possesion WR bennet was in my mind

and re-sign london fletcher

Draft:

I really wish insted of drafting Ah You And Shoucman(sp) in the later rounds we got another LB and a CB

DIE HARD BUFFALO BILLS FAN
SU8Harrison

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills got 2 good players in the first 2 rounds, but I still think it was a mistake not trading up to get Patrick Willis. The guy is blazing fast and would've fit perfectly on the Bills defense. Then they could've got their RB next year with McFadden, Rice, or Slaton. I still like Lynch a lot though.
MarvItrust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with alot of what all of you are saying. Bennett would have been a nice signing for a possession wide reciever that we could definatly use but he probably would have broken our bank and we may not have been able to get webster later on down the line.

I totally agree with bucs instead of getting Ah You there were some quality linebackers that I figured were going to be taken higher. Would have been nice to grab another linebacker (example: Siler was taken right after us)

~Thanks Maxmw22 for the sig and the help!
pioneer_shrimp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see I am not alone on the linebacker issue. We need depth at the position and that was not adressed. Like you said Siler fell all the way to the 7th round.

The other obvious concern is WR we needed to aquire an accomplished wideout to compliment Evans, whether it be Bennett or somebody else. I'm definitely not sold on Price as the number 2.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SU8Harrison wrote:
The Bills got 2 good players in the first 2 rounds, but I still think it was a mistake not trading up to get Patrick Willis. The guy is blazing fast and would've fit perfectly on the Bills defense. Then they could've got their RB next year with McFadden, Rice, or Slaton. I still like Lynch a lot though.

I agree 100%. I was very disappointed the Bills didn't land Patrick Wills. While I do like Lynch myself, I think Willis would have been the better choice at the time.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
bucs99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i was shocked when we passed on Siler

can someone explain to me why we picked Ah You anyway...?

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucs99 wrote:

I'm guessing BPA.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Eric Johnson but no big deal.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
LeaderOfTheSack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SU8Harrison wrote:

Willis was at the top of my list, but Lynch + Poz + 1st round/high pick next year not spent on RB that we could already have (and do) + picks not lost in trading up is a much, much better situation than what you siggested we should have done.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
bucs99 wrote:

I'm guessing BPA.

Whats BPA...?

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Player Available.

From what I remember Ah You was a great talent but had an attitude problem at Oklahoma. So I think Marv figured we could use a 7th on him and if he pans out, great. If not, it was only a 7th round pick.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers got Siler and didn't want or need him. Also, for CB depth you could have gotten Anthony Arline, very tall corner from Baylor. in round 7.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
dtsportscards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: The move we didn't make Reply with quote

I think there was no mistake in Free Agency this year. The Bills are intelligent and if you look at the Florida marlins team last year everyone said they are dumb they got rid of everyone what were they thinking. i will tell you what they were thinking, they were killing people last year near the end of the season. WHY, they played as a team, they weren't the best team in baseball but they stuck together and they are young.

As for the draft I wish they would have gotten Siler as well, but Ah You is an animal. Watch and he will be a stud. I think Ben Patrick would have been great in Buffalo, he was my biggest dissapointment in the draft. We needed him in Buffalo.

HE IS A MONSTER
DT

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: