Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can someone gimme a Rod Gardner Scouting report?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Can someone gimme a Rod Gardner Scouting report? Reply with quote

Like what he does well for you guys...

and what he doesn't do well..

and what he makes you guys mad when you watch him play..

PSN: bDoDDleS | Twitter @bDoDDleS
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guy has all the tools to be a very good wide out, he's just inconsistent. He'll go out there and make a great catch, but the very next play he'll drop an easy one and that's really frustrating to watch. I'm sure someone could go into more detail but that's my brief report.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
The Guy has all the tools to be a very good wide out, he's just inconsistent. He'll go out there and make a great catch, but the very next play he'll drop an easy one and that's really frustrating to watch. I'm sure someone could go into more detail but that's my brief report.

From what I've gathered..he is alot like a young Mushin Muhammad..

that is something Moose has and still does..make great plays..then drops the easy one..

Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looking at the stats you could make somewhat of a comparasion between the 2, but Muhammad right now is much better.

Last edited by Taylor-36 Portis-26 on Sun May 08, 2005 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhammad>>>>>>>>>>>>Gardner, although A change of scenery would probably do him some good.

Laughing..I havn't seen much of Gardner..but if you take out this past season for Muhammad..then they have had similar careers...

Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhammad first 4 seasons:216 rec, 2,918 yds, 15 TD
Gardner: 227 rec, 2,997 yds, 22 TD
So Gardners' off to a better start in his Career but VERY similar stats.
Campbelltomoss

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone gimme a Rod Gardner Scouting report? Reply with quote

Peppers90 wrote:
Like what he does well for you guys...

and what he doesn't do well..

and what he makes you guys mad when you watch him play..

This is from espn scouting report

Gardner possesses a great combination of size and speed but he remains extremely inconsistent and he is coming off a disappointing season. Explodes off the line, is fast enough to get behind most defensive backs and has the height to win most jump balls. Has improved hands since entering the league and flashes the ability to make the acrobatic catch downfield. Possesses good upper body strength and is a physical route-runner that rarely gets muscled out of routes. Gardner needs to improve his short-to-intermediate route-running skills and eliminate costly drops to bounce back from last year but he has awesome potential. He can stretch defenses vertically, he is productive after the catch and he has the size to develop into an effective blocker. With Clinton Portis forcing defenses to play eight men in the box at times and Laveranues Coles drawing attention away from him, he should see plenty of single coverage opportunities. Gardner will also benefit from more consistent play at quarterback with the addition of Mark Brunell.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gardner will also benefit from more consistent play at quarterback with the addition of Mark Brunell.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I HATE BRUNELL.
Campbelltomoss

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gardner will also benefit from more consistent play at quarterback with the addition of Mark Brunell.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I HATE BRUNELL.

Me too !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peppers, are you hoping Carolina picks Gardner up after he is cut??
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peppers, are you hoping Carolina picks Gardner up after he is cut??

I dunno..I think he would be a good pickup for us..b/c after Steve Smith and Keary Colbert we are thin..and if Smitty goes down again we are left with the old but still effective Ricky Proehl and very talented but injury prone Drew Carter..

So yes I think Gardner would be a ideal replacement for Muhammad..but if the price is right b/c we don't have much cap room unless we cut Mike Minter..and we would IMO but prob only if Mark Fields came back and Thomas Davis plays Strong Saftey...

is Gardner looking for alot of money is that the reason he will be leaving the Redskins?

Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know what the exact reason the gave him permission to seek a trade but I guess he wasn't happy. I know the reason he wasn't traded though is because he couldn't agree to a contract extension with any team. But to answer your question I don't believe the reason he won't be back with us is because he wanted to much money.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Carolina snagged Gardner, the only way you'd be able to tell the difference between him and Muhammad on the field would be the name on the jersey. Their play is almost identical, but I'm not sure if Gardner could step it up the way Muhammad did when Smith got hurt. He's never really had to be the #1 guy.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:
If Carolina snagged Gardner, the only way you'd be able to tell the difference between him and Muhammad on the field would be the name on the jersey. Their play is almost identical, but I'm not sure if Gardner could step it up the way Muhammad did when Smith got hurt. He's never really had to be the #1 guy.

Yeah that's true, I doubt he would step up, and I'm not sure that Gardner is the physical, jump-ball receiver that Muhammad is at the goal-line.

I really hope we don't cut him or trade him for a 7th round pick this offseason. During the season, we could really get something decent for him when a team loses a WR or two. He would almost certainly be the best WR out on the trade block and maybe we could get a McCardell type deal for him. If not a 3rd, maybe a 4th.
Peppers90

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:

I do know when Moose was a #2 WR he did drop some balls..but once he became the #1 WR it was like he paid more attention...and he was great at it...I don't think Moose would be a good #2 or #3 option..but as a #1..he excels..

Maybe that is the deal with Gardner and his drops?...but ofcourse..he wouldn't be the #1 guy here with Steve Smith..

but with what I've heard...the Panthers don't seem enamored with Gardner..but I think that could be us waiting till June 1st to see if he is cut..and what other WR's are cut..but with what you guys have said..I wouldn't mind him becoming a Panther..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: