You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign Victor Abiamiri to a 4 year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
ok, definately a different strategy that many other teams dont use. I'm definately not challenging Reid, the FO or anyone, just curious what their reasoning was behind it. Could work out in their favor tho the way you guy explained it.

Its Philly , Us the Fans and the media of the city, are jerks lol we eat alive our own players, Mcnabb was hated for a long time untill he finally got over his rookie and sophmire slumps, Reid doesn't want to be placed in that spot again. Hopefully Kolb will be groomed and ready in a couple of years to run one of the leagues most complicated offenses.

Cobb better produce tho when its his time, or he will be trying out for the Texans.....lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
So if there is a good chance McNabb stays with them, what was the logic in using a 2nd rounder (their 1st overall pick) on a career backup? I still am baffled by this pick. Hoping an Eagles fan can enlighten me a bit

I have never understood why a team is criticized for covering their basis at the most important position in the NFL. Having a young, quality player behind McNabb is a good thing and could potentially keep the Eagles from having down seasons when the time comes to replace a QB. This was a smart move by Andy Reid.

I will tell you one thing, I wish Jerry Jones would have drafted a QB a few years BEFORE Aikman retired. It would have saved us a lot of wasted time and energy.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
Night Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Night Angel wrote:
So if there is a good chance McNabb stays with them, what was the logic in using a 2nd rounder (their 1st overall pick) on a career backup? I still am baffled by this pick. Hoping an Eagles fan can enlighten me a bit

I have never understood why a team is criticized for covering their basis at the most important position in the NFL. Having a young, quality player behind McNabb is a good thing and could potentially keep the Eagles from having down seasons when the time comes to replace a QB. This was a smart move by Andy Reid.

I will tell you one thing, I wish Jerry Jones would have drafted a QB a few years BEFORE Aikman retired. It would have saved us a lot of wasted time and energy.

See, I just thought they had other needs more pressing than grooming a future QB. Plus I thought they were higher on Feeley, but apparently he isnt anything more than a career backup, a really good backup but a backup none the less.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Night Angel wrote:

See, I just thought they had other needs more pressing than grooming a future QB. Plus I thought they were higher on Feeley, but apparently he isnt anything more than a career backup, a really good backup but a backup none the less.

You must plan for the future in the NFL. Thinking only of the present (as Dan Snyder does) will get you in trouble.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
wow ya know what i just found out....like just found out. this kid is now on both of my hated teams

the eagles and notre dame Shocked
lol Wink

You mean my two favorites.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: