Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

c-pep in Tampa??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the more you bring in, the better they get....???

That's my only explanation for it. Maybe Tim Couch could revive his career there as well..... Akili Smith and Mike McMahon have looked good at times in the CFL.... maybe Dan Marino is tired of doing the weight-loss commercials.....

Honestly, Tampa, figure out what you want in a QB and get it. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of QBs who don't know if they are first-string or 8th-string....
dbtb135

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Honestly, Tampa, figure out what you want in a QB and get it. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of QBs who don't know if they are first-string or 8th-string....

Jeff Garcia knows he's the starter. Grads, for now, knows he's the backup. Simms is now 3rd string. Luke McCown knows he's fighting for a roster spot. Plummer knows he's not getting off his couch. Eugene and Taylor know they shouldn't get too comfortable in NFL jerseys. What's the problem?
yuppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
According to PFT Detroit and Atlanta might be interested in Culpepper as well. I'm hoping he goes to Detroit, to give competition to Kitna. It would be interesting seeing C-Pep playing in a favorable system with a lot of weapons to work with. That's the only way he might ever become successful again.

That is what I had thought......

Nopussycat wrote:
Let's assemble the largest group of quarterbacks with no talent left ever. Superbowl here we come!

but seriously.... thats what i was thinking
Volcom_stone10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyW4Life wrote:
Volcom_stone10 wrote:
Nopussycat wrote:
Let's assemble the largest group of quarterbacks with no talent left ever. Superbowl here we come!

or maybe a Quarterback group with not a bad TD:Int ratio, but with a terrible QB:Spleen ratio.

LOL omg, I almost spat out the food I was just eating!! Laughing

glad i could help, sorry bout your computer if you spit food on it.

DEETS on the Masterpiece
mblack8605

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuppy wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
According to PFT Detroit and Atlanta might be interested in Culpepper as well. I'm hoping he goes to Detroit, to give competition to Kitna. It would be interesting seeing C-Pep playing in a favorable system with a lot of weapons to work with. That's the only way he might ever become successful again.

That is what I had thought......

Nopussycat wrote:

but seriously.... thats what i was thinking
\

Culpepper would be amazing in a Mike Martz offense throwing to Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, and Calvin Johnson.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mblack8605 wrote:
Culpepper would be amazing in a Mike Martz offense throwing to Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, and Calvin Johnson.

not necessarily, as you're only looking at raw skills, a great year in 2004, and stats.

Culpepper has great difficulty with complex, multiple receiver offenses, and making extensive reads.

in Minny, he was very one dimensional and did not advance to the next level. in Miami, he certainly did not either.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
blitzedbrit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be looking at ATL for a possible destination with the Vick controversy in mind. Goodell's disciplinarian approach so far doesn't bode well for Mike's chances of playing much this season if his situation gets any worse. Don't know what Falcons fans would feel about it; he was benched for Joey Harrington last year, so a possible repeat could be on the cards, though a healthy Culpepper should be an improvement. No doubt easily drawn comparisons between Vick and Culpepper (both mobile, big-armed QB's who struggle with accuracy issues) will fuel the rumours...
mblack8605

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
mblack8605 wrote:

not necessarily, as you're only looking at raw skills, a great year in 2004, and stats.

Culpepper has great difficulty with complex, multiple receiver offenses, and making extensive reads.

in Minny, he was very one dimensional and did not advance to the next level. in Miami, he certainly did not either.

I'm just hoping that having 2 former teams lose faith in him that he will have a fire lit under his [inappropriate/removed] and earn his roster spot.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mblack8605 wrote:
I'm just hoping that having 2 former teams lose faith in him that he will have a fire lit under his - and earn his roster spot.

i appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism.

it's not his butt that Pep needs a fire lit under, but his head. he never took his game in Minny to the championship level, even though we patiently waited for his intellect to catch up to his physical skills.

when you think about the top qb's we all admire, they all had one thing in common: they gained intellect over their careers and with it, learned how to be savvy. not only in reading defenses, but also in conducting themselves as professionals.

Pep ain't there.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
gatoralex911

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs arent ging to get him. but Im starting to think Gruden believes you start 3 quarterbacks instead of 1 Cullpeper would steo in as our 8th string qb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: