Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Vick Indicted for dogfighting. Faces 2 Felonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panthersfo'life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post of the year right there. Great job Woz.
hovito213

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the logic of the evidence. I howeer am not sold on the testimony of the 4 CW that are apparently dog fighters themselves. I ask myself "Are these people typically the type of people one would trust?" and "Do these people have anything to gain by lying?" and finally "would they be capable of coming up with a lie as intricate as this one".

By answering these questions I come to the conclusion that I need more evidence. If I was on the jury I couldnt in fact ruin someones life based on the testimony of 4 admitted dog fighters tying together facts that they were handed.

In reference to the Manning vs Brady debate
Hilit wrote: I think this is the argument you have to be involved in when youre in purgatory.
skylined8300

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946832

vick wont be at camp says the comish

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
pierrepet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hovito213 wrote:
I understand the logic of the evidence. I howeer am not sold on the testimony of the 4 CW that are apparently dog fighters themselves. I ask myself "Are these people typically the type of people one would trust?" and "Do these people have anything to gain by lying?" and finally "would they be capable of coming up with a lie as intricate as this one".

By answering these questions I come to the conclusion that I need more evidence. If I was on the jury I couldnt in fact ruin someones life based on the testimony of 4 admitted dog fighters tying together facts that they were handed.

Those are all questions for the jury to decide. The witnesses testimony combined with all other evidence portrays a pretty clear picture in my opinion and I have witnessed many trials.

Many criminal trials in America are based solely on circumstantial evidence. DNA evidence is one form of circumstantial evidence and it is very convincing. The truth is that you rarely have a smoking gun (direct evidence) in a case, but enough circumstantial evidence is often just as convincing.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
GFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the only thing i have to say is that vick has an 80% chance of being suspended if you ask me. How long do you think he will be suspended?????????
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow, the only thing i have to say is that vick has an 80% chance of being suspended if you ask me. How long do you think he will be suspended?????????

Suspension is the last thing Michael Vick is worrying about......but I bet he's suspended indefinately, and the commish will obviously watch the impending trial (there's most likely going to be one, he hired a trial lawyer and he'll only be offered a plea with jail time attached, which he most likely wont take) and depending on the verdict.....he might not have to suspend him any longer, incarceration will take care of that. If he's acquitted of all charges, he would most likely be reinstated immediately.....

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds pretty much all or nothing for Michael Vick right now.

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems pretty clear that this is going to trial. Vick hired his attorney today. From what I've heard the prosecution is not planning on going for a plea-deal. That's how confident they are.

Still, justice must be upheld. Vick is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i think we'll do here is lock this thread down and now carry the conversation on in the new Vick thread that has started.

thanks, guys.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44

Jump to: