Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Vick Indicted for dogfighting. Faces 2 Felonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rugbytom12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honeslty feel bad for falcons fans. they defend and stick by their QB for the last 5 years and now this happens. first his younger brother and now this. he is probably done for the year.

and SO MANY young people look up to vick. i hope he gets what he deserves.

http://insidesf49ers.blogspot.com/ Inside look at Shaun Hill's first ten starts/Why 49ers need to pick up Pace
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís only an indictment right now, I have a feeling Vick will skate on the charges and see no jail time.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have evidence supporting the indictment that suspend him.

Welcome Joey!

Its going to be a long season.
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Itís only an indictment right now, I have a feeling Vick will skate on the charges and see no jail time.

Don't get your hopes up. Jamal Lewis was indicted for a less severe crime with less evidence and still saw a few months in jail. From the looks of it, Vick was running this operation and that will mean big trouble for him. I don't have any statistics, but I bet if you were so inclined to look it up, you would see that Federal charges of this sort very, very, rarely go away without any jail time.
Broncos_Rule23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definatly a tough break for Falcon fans, and sports fans in general. This is horrible that a sports athlete that has millions of fans that respect him or any other person for that matter would do something like this to an animal. Mike Vick may still play though, he still has to go through court, lets just see how it turns out.

Props To arem20 on the awesome sig
NBA- New Jersey
NFL- Denver
NCAAB- Terps
Tennis- Andy Murray
JonesDrew32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i was gonna go to the Jags game against the Falcons in week 2 to watch Michael Vick live in person, but since Vick will prolly be suspended, theres no point in going to watch Joey Harrington stink up Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. I guess i will go to a different game now

glad to see Vick get indicted, he defanitely deserves this
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saying goes that a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. If he did these things than I hope justice is served. Our system also requires the charges brought against you to be proven, which I think is one of the greatest features of our legal system. Sometimes there is enough evidence, sometimes not. Goodell will bring down the hammer, though.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
CrackMonster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonesDrew32 wrote:
damn, i was gonna go to the Jags game against the Falcons in week 2 to watch Michael Vick live in person, but since Vick will prolly be suspended, theres no point in going to watch Joey Harrington stink up Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. I guess i will go to a different game now

glad to see Vick get indicted, he defanitely deserves this

Jaguars are lock for 2-0 start on the season now.

Vick....

I liked you but....

I like dogs too.

Wonders of ElipticDawg.
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I am EXCITED that the Texans will have to play him 2x a year, as I think Gabbert is a David Carr clone.
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon doing a little research, the Federal dog fighting statute provides for a one year penalty and $15,000 fine for each dog. From what I have read, the FBI dug up around 50 dogs on the property, plus the roughly 50 dogs that were confiscated in the raid. Doing a little math, Vick could have faced $1.5 million in fines and face at least 100 years in prison if the penalties were handed out to the maximum, which seems unlikely here. That does not even take into account the conspiracy charge, which really piles on. So it looks like he got lucky that he was not charged for having the dogs. That would have been really bad news for him.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode07/usc_sec_07_00002156----000-.html

EDIT- Upon further review, it appears that he was not charged with transporting the dogs, which I had read earlier, but for running an enterprise to promote dog fighting, in which case there will be only one violation, which means one year for the charge. He also faces five years for the conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce, which is a total of 6 years. He still will not skate. I will see what kind of reduction Jamal Lewis got with his plea bargain.

Last edited by mrpotamus on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
va4hustlers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY... guess I won't be watching any Falcon games, haha. Not like I can anyway, being in Iraq and all.
Snoogans

Location: East Providence, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the bright side. Atleast they will get Darren McFadden Very Happy

^ Props To Lago Vista

Brady-16 Td's In 5/Manning-14 Td's In 5
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JonesDrew32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoogans wrote:
Look at the bright side. Atleast they will get Darren McFadden Very Happy

or Brian Brohm, Bobby Petrino coached Brohm in college at Louisville, so that we seem like a good fit Cool
SteelerFever7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Vick did participate in any of these activities he deserves whatever he gets. At the same time the Falcons could be crippled for this season, because I think a minimum suspension of 4 games is almost guaranteed
Pistol_Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nopussycat wrote:
The saying goes that a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. If he did these things than I hope justice is served. Our system also requires the charges brought against you to be proven, which I think is one of the greatest features of our legal system. Sometimes there is enough evidence, sometimes not. Goodell will bring down the hammer, though.

Sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much.
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be sinicle here or non emphatetic to the situation.....

But I feel sorry for Vick. The reason why???

I have witnessed and know people who are into dog fighting. And I really cant say any of them realize that it is a federal offense. Im not saying Vick didnt know. But the severity of the situation is what wasnt apparent to him. Kinda like smoking weed. Many people do it but, dont realize it can be a severe crime but still many people do it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: