You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PacMan at training camp?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chief_fan822003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: PacMan at training camp? Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite his season-long suspension, Adam "Pacman" Jones could be allowed to participate in training camp when the Tennessee Titans report July 27, his agent confirmed Tuesday.

LINK
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll promise to stay out of this one Smile , as I know they call me the "pac-defender" lol
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth would Pacman want to go to training camp? Confused
If i were him i'd be going to some strip clubs instead Razz

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would be the best thing for PacMan to do, but since it would be smart for him I am sure he will have better things to do. Rolling Eyes

Props to El ramster for the sig
VY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is allowed to, he'll get pretty minimal reps. We've got way too many corners on the roster, and we need to figure out who's staying and going. If anything he'll get a few reps against the first team so they can get better against one of the better corners in the league.

Other than that, maybe some return game reps so the guys filling in those shoes can learn from one of the best, although it's pretty hard to pick up those type skills.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this part interesting:

Quote:
The team also could release Jones, but recent decisions by an arbitrator mean that if the Titans do so, they could lose their rights to recover signing bonus money that has been paid to, but not earned by, Jones.

May explain why we haven't released him yet - as some are asking. Makes sense in that legally if you cut a guy, I wouldn't think you'd be able to ask for portions of his signing bonus back. So if they wait and he does get suspended permanently, they would have a better shot at recouping the bonus.

I'm curious about all the ramifications if he's allowed into camp. He can practice but won't get paid for it? What if he gets hurt?

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher doesn't really want him there, so we will see what happens

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
CalLionsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if he goes or not. My question is, why would he go. I think it would be good for HIM to go. But would it be good for the TEAM?

I don't know how the guys (the team) would feel about it . V.Young made that one comment a few weeks ago. Something like it seems like Pacman doesn't care about them. Something like that. So I'm wondering if the team ( not the coach and/or managment ) would want him there?
screaming sheep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better get in line at the DMV and get his tags straight so he can drive to camp. Smile

If the collar doesn't fit, you must acquit. Mike Vick.
OttoG-nation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't been released yet because there are some confusing regulations with the player association which would limit the Titans ability to go after his signing bonus money. It was mentioned during NFL Live today on ESPN. The Titans are pretty pissed and want to get some of their money back.

I can't imagine that he'll be welcome at camp. If they managed to keep Steve McNair away when he wasn't wanted I can't imagine they'll have difficulty keeping the Pacman out. Really all you have to do is fire a track gun or something and Pacman will run away as fast as he can and not be seen.

Also wasn't he going to go back to West Virginia.

Thanks for the sig SoxNats07
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROtoworld: The Titans are "dismayed" that Pacman is planning to come to training camp. They want to cut ties with him all together, and will look to commissioner ROger Goodell for guidance

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they titans really wanted to let him go, they would just cut him and forget about the bonus money if it was really that serious.. Its not like its 10 million, its just like 2 - 3 if im right
Blaze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans should treat him like a injury. You have other CBs trying to take a roster spot so you really don't need Pacman there. He isn't a active player.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:

Where do you get your info anyways??

Ever talked to Fisher??
you must be next door neighbors...

Never been stated on records,and while yes we all agree that Pacman is a idiot etc...Fisher loves(ed) Pacman..Fisher was the guy who drafted him and tried to change him,took him under his winge etc...stuck up for him...Plus FIsher would do anything to have Pacman play for him...he was our best defensive and ST's player and at times provided the biggest sparks of the game for our offense...You dont ever pass that up..

Im certainly not defending Pacman,but never has Fisher went on record saying i dont want Pacman...There has been times where he's said Pacman is not apart of the discussion etc...What is he suppose to do,a year long suspended player that is causing controversy that is banned from your facilities etc..you dont have to talk about him..If you do it only causes more problems...Fisher would do anything to have Pac playing this year as would any Titans player or fan...As sad as this sounds on SUndays its about whose the most talented,and Pacman is one of the best CB's,Returners, and game changers in the NFL...if that helps you win a ball game...you want it.
js.HippiE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
Go Bolts wrote:

Where do you get your info anyways??

Ever talked to Fisher??
you must be next door neighbors...

Never been stated on records,and while yes we all agree that Pacman is a idiot etc...Fisher loves(ed) Pacman..Fisher was the guy who drafted him and tried to change him,took him under his winge etc...stuck up for him...Plus FIsher would do anything to have Pacman play for him...he was our best defensive and ST's player and at times provided the biggest sparks of the game for our offense...You dont ever pass that up..

Im certainly not defending Pacman,but never has Fisher went on record saying i dont want Pacman...There has been times where he's said Pacman is not apart of the discussion etc...What is he suppose to do,a year long suspended player that is causing controversy that is banned from your facilities etc..you dont have to talk about him..If you do it only causes more problems...Fisher would do anything to have Pac playing this year as would any Titans player or fan...As sad as this sounds on SUndays its about whose the most talented,and Pacman is one of the best CB's,Returners, and game changers in the NFL...if that helps you win a ball game...you want it.

that made me really chuckle

Im Really Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: