Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Chambers arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiantRutgersFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremystief wrote:
FinMan wrote:
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I understand that a DUI is a serious charge. Believe me, I know... However, it can happen to just about ANYBODY.

How easy is it to have a few drinks and get behind the wheel? (again it can happen to anyone) This charge would be more serious IF the player had any priors, which he doesn't.

it can happen to anybody, i wont dispute that. but when the person that makes and enforces the rules makes a decision such as a zero tolerance policy(just for example you see) and you know full well that every player in the league knows what is expected of them, then having any priors doesnt fly, and not expecting to have consequences would be silly. i know im not the only one here that has had a job that you can be fired from for a dui, so a suspension doesnt seem so bad.

I think a fine is all that should be done. DUI happens to a lot of people. Doesnt make you a bad person. When theres only 16 games, a DUI isnt really adaquete for a suspension if no other issues imo
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Green is not smiling right now.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antonio bryant got a DUI during the season last year and was suspended 4 games. he was going like 120 on the freeway in his orange lambo. cost us the playoffs.
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ashame that some NFL players nowadays would risk playing the game everyone on this site so desperately loves to have a few drinks. It seems like every week there is somebody new. When are these guys going to learn? Or is the better question, when are these guys going to care? Is the new policy really not strict enough? I guess something else needs to be done, but it just seems like no matter the consequences doom will still prevail.

This is a sensitive issue to me. I think its heartbreaking when us fans pour our hearts and souls into our teams and specific players and this is how they repay us. I understand not every one is perfect, but when you are playing in a league that requires you to be, a little effort is all I ask.

Well, hope you guys enjoyed my little rant and rave on the issue. Very Happy
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39 wrote:
Its ashame that some NFL players nowadays would risk playing the game everyone on this site so desperately loves to have a few drinks. It seems like every week there is somebody new. When are these guys going to learn? Or is the better question, when are these guys going to care? Is the new policy really not strict enough? I guess something else needs to be done, but it just seems like no matter the consequences doom will still prevail.

This is a sensitive issue to me. I think its heartbreaking when us fans pour our hearts and souls into our teams and specific players and this is how they repay us. I understand not every one is perfect, but when you are playing in a league that requires you to be, a little effort is all I ask.

Well, hope you guys enjoyed my little rant and rave on the issue. Very Happy

Players don't care. I think right about now, most players think the commish is on a power trip.. Alot of these players have alot of money and are set for life. It will take more than suspensions to turn these types of players around. Alot of them dont care about losing a couple hundred thou.
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i before e, except after c.

Except as an A as in "neighbor" and "weigh" Wink

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

In the complete tone of this thread what about Theif?? Wink

I thought Chris had a shot to breakout this year with the best QB he has had in his career, even if he is 38+.

He will be out 2-4 games for this DUI.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...that sucks for the Phins. I like Chambers too. What I cannot fathom is why these guys drink, drive, and decide to speed at the same time. It's pure idiocy.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
js.HippiE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if hes suspended, its just good news for the jets and co Laughing

Im Really Cool
jib

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinMan wrote:
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I understand that a DUI is a serious charge. Believe me, I know... However, it can happen to just about ANYBODY.

How easy is it to have a few drinks and get behind the wheel? (again it can happen to anyone) This charge would be more serious IF the player had any priors, which he doesn't.

What decade r u living in? This is the 21st century if your a big name person your gonna get alot more heat for something like this than the average joe on the street
JohnnyW4Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Except as an A as in "neighbor" and "weigh" Wink

Or if it's "weird"!! Shocked

Razz

Wilsonhurtsu wrote:
Sadly I could see Goodell fining him, showing another example of his anti Pats bias.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Players need to stop getting in trouble with the law, it's really getting ridiculous. This is not good for Chris Chambers, and not good for the Miami Dolphins. Looks like Ted Ginn will be their #2 WR now.

My NFL Draft Thread
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably about 1700 nfl players on active rosters during the season and how many charged during the past year with dui's. I don't know the number but I would say the likelyhood of getting a dui as an ordinary person versus a nfl player is probably very low.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that he did not fail a breath ellizer(sp?) when he was at the police station, so I don't know if we will really see anything come down on him now that the police really can't charge him with a DUI the way it sounded.

Props to El ramster for the sig
tipceey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsfan18 wrote:
I read that he did not fail a breath ellizer(sp?) when he was at the police station, so I don't know if we will really see anything come down on him now that the police really can't charge him with a DUI the way it sounded.

good point....it is officially DUI though after a blood test....a Breathalyzer is never admissible in court but is used only for suspicion of drunk and driving....if you fail a Breathalyzer for i dont know "swallowing too much Listerine" and get pulled over and fail the Breathalyzer the blood test proves your innocence

NETS
Giants
Jets
Mets

Manning > Romo wrote:
WTF!
Did every DB on our team turn into Braylan Edwerds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: