Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daunte Culpepper Scenario

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rugbytom12


Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 345
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Daunte Culpepper Scenario Reply with quote

Micheal Vick has been indicted by the feds in connection with the dog fighting probe of his property in Virginia. Daunte Culpepper was just released today by the Dolphins.

Anyone see a possibility of Culpepper on the Falcons? I think it would be ironic considering both him and Harrington were on the Dolphins last year.

I think they should give him a shot, it will creatse competition between the two, and Culpepper was a top QB in the league a couple of years ago, and hes not old.

I think the Falcons should go for him considering Vick could miss some time. Anyone else agree?
_________________
http://insidesfgiants.blogspot.com/ A look at the first month of the Giants season.

http://insidesf49ers.blogspot.com/ Inside look at Shaun Hill's first ten starts/Why 49ers need to pick up Pace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GiantRutgersFan


Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 895
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it might be a good move. But Culpepper is no angel so idk if the Falcons would go for that.

Plus if Culpepper has a good year for them, it prevents them from finding a true QB of the future which they need to do imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkotto23


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11488
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the falcons have a shot to go .500 with joey harrington, he was good in miami last year, but his reputation from the lions makes people doubt him. If culppeper lands in any team it will probably be jaxonville. Its sad, i remember last year in the offseason when the phins got him, i was so excited but he turned out to still be hurt.
_________________


I'm back at FF, its been a while...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hilit


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 8753
Location: The University of Edinburgh
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
i think the falcons have a shot to go .500 with joey harrington, he was good in miami last year, but his reputation from the lions makes people doubt him. If culppeper lands in any team it will probably be jaxonville. Its sad, i remember last year in the offseason when the phins got him, i was so excited but he turned out to still be hurt.


Harrington sucks alright. Hes a straight up flat out bust (BTW I called him as being a bust before he was drafted Very Happy )

He sucked in Miami last year and if he plays for the Falcons this year he'll suck this year to.

Falcons should sign the Pepper to a 1 year deal. He'll probably play for anything at this point so they won't have to give up much of anything.
_________________


milesles wrote:
Regulate wrote:
Of course Favre is gonna play this Sunday..He is the definition of Man


Did he text you a pic?


Last edited by Hilit on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75239
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Daunte Culpepper Scenario Reply with quote

rugbytom12 wrote:
Anyone see a possibility of Culpepper on the Falcons? I think it would be ironic considering both him and Harrington were on the Dolphins last year.


you want further irony?

Week One, Sept 9 Atlanta at Minnesota ........ 11 am CST
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkotto23


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 11488
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilit wrote:
darkotto23 wrote:
i think the falcons have a shot to go .500 with joey harrington, he was good in miami last year, but his reputation from the lions makes people doubt him. If culppeper lands in any team it will probably be jaxonville. Its sad, i remember last year in the offseason when the phins got him, i was so excited but he turned out to still be hurt.


Harrington sucks alright. Hes a straight up flat out bust (BTW I called him as being a bust before he was drafted Very Happy )

He sucked in Miami last year and if he plays for the Falcons this year he'll suck this year to.

Falcons should sign the Pepper to a 1 year deal. He'll probably play for anything at this point so they won't have to give up much of anything.


i live in miami so i watched all of the dolphins games, and a blind man could see that harrington was playing better than culppeper. he led the dolphins to 4 wins in a row, plus he beat the bears and the pats. He is a good QB but his reputation makes people think less of him.
_________________


I'm back at FF, its been a while...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
this providence


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 11148
Location: Ugh.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe what we should start talking about is what a curse Joey Harrington is.

First he had to come into the NFL and then he proceeded to set back the Lions franchise back multiple years.

Then he goes to Miami where his mere presence must have set back Culpeppers rehab. Laughing Or the fact that he was rehabbing at a strip mall next to a chinese restraunt but that's neither here nor there.

And lastly he goes to Atlanta and now it is a strong possiblity that Vick will not be playing this season.

Joey Harrington, the new QB killer????
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buff Naked


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 832
Location: Kitchener, ON
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is if Culpepper has his mobility back to fit the Falcons system. I haven't seen the Falcons paybook this year but I'm guessing a lot of the plays were designed for Vicks ability. Personally I think going after Carr would have been a better choice.
_________________
"Dear Bills, it's not too late to circle the wagons" - Chris Berman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raaka


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 194
Location: PDX
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culpepper should go to Oak-town and help the young QB people so often refer to him in abilities - JaMarcus Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbllstr22


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 6349
Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a 0.00% chance of Culpepper going to Atlanta, as of right now Vick is not suspended, and Culpepper is too good not to get snagged up within a few days. Also, why would Atlanta need an old QB? We already have two, thank you very much.
_________________
Reggie Wayne for HOF
Career---------968 receptions (10th), 13063 yards (14th), 78 TDs (24th)
Playoffs--------92 receptions (2nd), 1242 yards (4th), 9 TDs (7th)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Daunte Culpepper Scenario Reply with quote

rugbytom12 wrote:
Micheal Vick has been indicted by the feds in connection with the dog fighting probe of his property in Virginia. Daunte Culpepper was just released today by the Dolphins.

Anyone see a possibility of Culpepper on the Falcons? I think it would be ironic considering both him and Harrington were on the Dolphins last year.

I think they should give him a shot, it will creatse competition between the two, and Culpepper was a top QB in the league a couple of years ago, and hes not old.

I think the Falcons should go for him considering Vick could miss some time. Anyone else agree?
Atlanta will not go after Culpepper, I'm so sick of people thinking it's an option. I hate to say it but Culpepper sucks and won't fit what Petrino wants.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3144
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Daunte Culpepper Scenario Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
[
Week One, Sept 9 Atlanta at Minnesota ........ 11 am CST


Wasn't that the matchup that Robin Williams and Kurt Russell couldn't resist watching in Best Of Times?

Call me crazy, but I think that Culpepper would be just the right Rx for Oakland. He could start and mentor Russell so they could bring him along gradually instead of just throwing him in the fire and his cannon arm would work well with the Raiders traditional passing attack.

Culpepper's days as a starter in this league might be over. Perhaps he'd be well advised to follow the David Carr route and spend a year trying to rebuild his game and his image in hopes of another shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 5024
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bears could win the superbowl with a quality QB. I'd like to see him give it a go there.

But Grossman this...
But Grossman that...
I don't care.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group