Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do you cheer for your team?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arem20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Why do you cheer for your team? Reply with quote

Just wondering why do you cheer for the team that you do? Is it because you are from the same state as your team or stuff like that. I started liking the Falcons because my favorite animal was a falcon. Then I found out that there was a football team called the falcons so I started liking them. But now it wouldn't matter if they changed their name or anything.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There I was...a little 3rd grader (maybe 4th). I got a phone call from my buddy. "Hey deeluxx, did you see the Titans game". "No, man. I did not. What happened?" "Well, this guy ran for a touchdown real late and they won. It was cool". "Thats cool man. Ill see you at school tomorrow".

This is where I discover the Tennessee Titans.^^^

A few weeks later, I get invited to a Super Bowl party. All I remember from the 1st half was playing football in my bud's basement and watching the Rams to this lame TD dance in the endzone where they bat the ball back and forth or something. Then, I see Isaac Bruce's TD and dont think much about it. My dad comes and picks me up. I get home in time to catch the last few minutes of a game I didnt pay much attention to. Then, I see the play. I see McNair drop back and hit Dyson, only to see Kevin get tackled. When he got tackled, I became a Titans fan--instantly. I screamed that he is in, but then I see these hideous blue and gold streamers coming from the ceiling and the Rams owner lady cheering. I ran up into my room and cried very hard. Yep, thats why Im a Titans fan.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Arem20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's so funny how people have really weird reasons why they like there teams but they are still loyal!! lol Laughing Laughing Laughing
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it started as a joke. I have a buddy that picks out oddball teams and players to root for, like Kahlil Greene, the Texans, and such. He even set up a Holy Cross watch during February and March, and wrote "Go Crusaders" on the whiteboard in homeroom every day. Anyways, he started cheering for the Texans and David Carr, so I started paying attention, checking scores, just to joke around in homeroom. But then I got tired of the teams I was paying attention to and started searching for a new team, one that was young, bad, and would improve in the near future, but no one else was cheering for. So I did my research and picked the Texans. Same thing with the Raptors and Reds. I tried to find teams with new management that I thought would improve. The Raptors did, now I'm waiting for the other two.

Sig by matthouston91
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they went 13-3 in 2004 and made the Superbowl.

Okay now for the real story, my Dad and his entire side of the family originated in Philly, although about half now lives in Florida. My dad and his generation moved out of Philly, up north near Scranton. That's where we live now. And since my Dad has always had a heart for Philadelphia sports, he introduced it to me and every since I've had a firey passion for all Philly sports, yes even the Sixers and Flyers. Now I have 10,000 reason why to love the Phillies.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well When i was born I was the biggest baby in the nursery. And the nurse gave me of course a black and gold little outfit. Henceforth I was a steelers fan.

I have been watching the steelers ever since. I wouldnt dare watch any other team with the same passion and love.

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Houston, so I like the Texans, (Same goes for the Stros and Rockets.) Not really that exciting. Very Happy
djvenditti274

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something in me is partial to the 'underdog' I suppose. Sometimes maybe I'm a bit of an underdog myself...hmm. Seeing them prove doubters wrong is just an amazing feeling.

That and my family is from Cleveland
SmithToGinnTD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in Cleveland and being around my dad who is a big Browns/Indians/Cavs fan... Pretty simple. When I was like 6, I didn't even know what a halfback was, but I knew that I was supposed to hate the Steelers, the Browns were the best, and Art Modell is the devil.

Again when I was younger and didn't understand football, I was watching a Browns/Steelers game with my dad. Jerome Bettis had a nice run and I said "Wow, that was cool!" My dad just stared at me with an angry look on my face. I think from that day on, I've been a Browns fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Pittsburgh.. Hole family are huge Steelers fans..
My crib was painted in Steelers logos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do you cheer for your team? Reply with quote

Arem20 wrote:
Just wondering why do you cheer for the team that you do? Is it because you are from the same state as your team or stuff like that. I started liking the Falcons because my favorite animal was a falcon. Then I found out that there was a football team called the falcons so I started liking them. But now it wouldn't matter if they changed their name or anything.

Lol, my favorite animal is an Eagle...of course I cheer for another bird Smile Grew up watching the Hawks with my bro and dad...I remember getting excited when we drafted Rick Mirer....oh well, atleast I had Tez to cheer for. Also the Hawks being the closest team to Alaska by far...

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
JonesDrew32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cheer for my Jags cause obviously they are my favorite team and i gotta represent Duval!!!!!!
PackAttack04

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw Lord Favre when i was 4 and he became my favorite player cause he had the same # as my age and i have been a fan of his since then
PurpleSupreme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 2nd Grade, I won a poster of Fran Tarkenton at a Book fair, pretty weird i know.

Not as weird as my friends. He 'said' he bought a random sticker from a sticker machine thing, and it was a Dolphin sticker when he was younger. I cant imagine life if it was a Packer sticker.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all started in 1985. I was 6 years old (yes my first memory, believe it or not IS a Patriot game at Sullivan Stadium against the Dolphins chanting "Squish the Fish"). I remember the feeling of emptinees and solitude after the 46-10 thumping, I thought I'd never get over it. The New England Patriots were my first love.....

This love blossomed over the next 22 years, holding the rabbit ears to get the best reception for blacked out games of a 3-13 team, NEVER missing a home game at Foxboro Stadium (formerly Sullivan Stadium) and Gillette Stadium from 1996-present, and the surreal feeling of watching my beloved Patriots celebrate a world championship.

Nothing, in my opinion, beats New England Patriots football......nothing Smile

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.

Last edited by BoneyMaroney on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: