Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fakhir Brown suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmonk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
they ranked 8th in the nfl in passing yards per game and 3rd in the nfc
No, I said where do they rank in yards per pass attempt. That's different than pass yards per game.

The answer is 24th. The Rams ranked 24th in yards per pass attempt. Averaging 7.20 yards per pass that was thrown against their defense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"

Last edited by blackmonk on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:57 am; edited 4 times in total
blackmonk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
Are we talking about the 49ers? No. Did I say our secondary was great? No. Stop trying to twist this discussion around. Fact is, St.Louis still got clowned in the secondary last season and Fakhir Brown was your best defensive back and now he's suspended.

Huh? Fakhir is MAYBE our 4th best. Behind Tye Hill, Corey Chavous, and OJ Atogwe.

Where are you getting that?
He gave up the least amount of yards per pass for your team at 7.8 yards per attempt. And that's not even that great to begin with.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
Are we talking about the 49ers? No. Did I say our secondary was great? No. Stop trying to twist this discussion around. Fact is, St.Louis still got clowned in the secondary last season and Fakhir Brown was your best defensive back and now he's suspended.

Huh? Fakhir is MAYBE our 4th best. Behind Tye Hill, Corey Chavous, and OJ Atogwe.

He gave up the least amount of yards per pass for your team at 7.8 yards per attempt. And that's not even that great to begin with.

why does yards per pass matter? i mean a team can average 5.0 passing yards per pass but if they average 350 passing yards per game it really doesnt matter does it?........and where are you getting your Fakhir Brown 7.8 statistics?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

why does yards per pass matter? i mean a team can average 5.0 passing yards per pass but if they average 350 passing yards per game it really doesnt matter does it?........and where are you getting your Fakhir Brown 7.8 statistics?
But how often does that happen? Never. It matters because it means one of two things. Your defensive backs are quite awful, or the team isn't getting enough pressure on the quarterback. And I got my information from a ESPN magazine.

forty six & 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:
And I got my information from a ESPN magazine.

ESPN the magazine? I have a subscription and have a ton of back issues laying around that my girlfriend keeps nagging me to get rid of, haha. But that sounds like an interesting article, could you tell me which issue it is so I can check it out? Thanks.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
titan52490

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

Oh, and thats the end all for defensive backs huh?

He also gave up the most yards. He would play like 6 yards off a guy and get beat underneath all the time. Theres a reason he only gave up 7.8 and its not a good one.

I think I can safely say he is our worst starting DB. Most people were hopping Ron Bartell would beat him out in training camp

[quote="Jeff Fisher“]"Unfortunately, it seems like every week is an adventure with the officiating”[/quote]
blackmonk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forty six & 2 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
And I got my information from a ESPN magazine.

ESPN the magazine? I have a subscription and have a ton of back issues laying around that my girlfriend keeps nagging me to get rid of, haha. But that sounds like an interesting article, could you tell me which issue it is so I can check it out? Thanks.
It's their fantasy football edition that comes out once every year.

blackmonk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

Oh, and thats the end all for defensive backs huh?

He also gave up the most yards. He would play like 6 yards off a guy and get beat underneath all the time. Theres a reason he only gave up 7.8 and its not a good one.

I think I can safely say he is our worst starting DB. Most people were hopping Ron Bartell would beat him out in training camp

I don't know, is it? All I know is, for a fact, that Brown gave up the least yards per pass. And do you have actual statistics that say he gave up the most yards out of all of your defensive backs? It does matter how many times they're thrown at you know. 7.8 was the least from all of your corners. Minimum 32 attempts. And that's a fact. And getting beat underneath is a lot better than giving up the big play quite often.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: