Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fakhir Brown suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjprams wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:

With Fakhir Brown our secondary actually isnt weak by any means. We were ranked 8th in pass defense last year and Tye Hill will be much better this year. At the very most you could argue that our secondary is average, but certainly not weak or bad.

Yeah we still got pretty solid safeties. We still got Bartell. The only thing I am worried about is who will play nickel back now that Bartell will be the #2 guy. Wade is very raw but has a lot of talent and Walls is big and physical but has not proved much in the NFL.

JOSH LAY....I hope they give him a chance to show what he can do, he is still very raw but he has size and speed...him and Bartell could help keep the bigger WR in check

IDOG_det on the sig...
titan52490

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, the Rams do not have a weak secondary. Anyone that thinks that is clearly miss informed. At worst, the Rams have an average secondary. And with the steady improvement of our three young starters (Ron Bartell, OJ Atogwe, and Tye Hill) it wont be too long before its a very good secondary.

How will this affect the Rams? Not much.

Ron Bartell was actually my pick as the #2 CB out of training camp this year, I figured he would upset Brown for the spot anyway. Bartell is an extremely athletic player (4.37 40, 21 reps of 225, 35.5" vertical, those are all combine numbers). His game speed is on the same level of Tye Hills, but he his much much stronger. He is still very raw, but he has a lot of talent there. His last 3 games last season were very good (7 Tackles, 3 Ints, 5 PD, 2 TFLs, 1 TD).

It is my personal opinion, 99% of people wont agree, that he will become better than Tye Hill.

Will he have some miscues and mistakes early on? Sure. But by the time Browns suspension is over, I bet Bartell is still the starter. I actually welcome this because it gives us a chance to see what Bartell can do, and we have enough CBs anyway.
Arem20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtismartin 28 wrote:
that's so stupid.........only a couple games?

i say if u use steriods once, u get suspended 2 seasons, anytime after that, ur gone for good.........people may think it's strict, but using steriods is cheating.........

YES YES YES I agree with you 110% Steriods is cheating!!!!!!!!! No ever should ever take steriods!!!!!! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Browns_17

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtismartin 28 wrote:
that's so stupid.........only a couple games?

i say if u use steriods once, u get suspended 2 seasons, anytime after that, ur gone for good.........people may think it's strict, but using steriods is cheating.........

Can't substance abuse also describe illegal drug use?

I believe that is what they called Ricky Williams' multiple violations...

So that could be what it is, it doesn't really mean it is definitely steroids.

Props to thesickness89 for the sig!
blackmonk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Brown the Rams only consistent corner last season? Giving up just a little over seven yards per pass attempt? Which isn't even that great in the first place? Losing him is going to hurt a lot I think. Hopefully for St.Louis, Tye Hill becomes really good this season.

And I wouldn't call the St.Louis secondary average. From what I've seen it's below average. Not abysmal, but below average. Regardless of how many yards they gave up through the air, they still give up a bunch per pass attempt. Which is a much better indicator. Not to mention everyone just ran the ball down their throats too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.com/transactions

If you look at Friday, July 13, 2007, you see Fahkir Brown listed as suspended 4 games for the NFL's substance abuse policy. If you look at Friday, July 6, 2007, Kenny Peterson is listed as suspended for violation of steroid policy.

That would indicate that Brown was most likely suspended for a nonperformance enhancing drug such as alcohol, marijuana, etc.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:
Wasn't Brown the Rams only consistent corner last season? Giving up just a little over seven yards per pass attempt? Which isn't even that great in the first place? Losing him is going to hurt a lot I think. Hopefully for St.Louis, Tye Hill becomes really good this season.

And I wouldn't call the St.Louis secondary average. From what I've seen it's below average. Not abysmal, but below average. Regardless of how many yards they gave up through the air, they still give up a bunch per pass attempt. Which is a much better indicator. Not to mention everyone just ran the ball down their throats too.

you sure your not talking about the 49ers secondary? Rams averaged 28 attempts per game, for 190 passing yards and the average QB passing% was 59% while 49ers averaged 32 attempts per game, for 223 passing yards and the average QB passing% was 64%. oh yea and the Rams allowed 5 less passing TDs than the Niners did and the Rams had 3 more picks than your niners...........the Rams are a young secondary and there just getting better.
blackmonk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

you sure your not talking about the 49ers secondary? Rams averaged 28 attempts per game, for 190 passing yards and the average QB passing% was 59% while 49ers averaged 32 attempts per game, for 223 passing yards and the average QB passing% was 64%. oh yea and the Rams allowed 5 less passing TDs than the Niners did and the Rams had 3 more picks than your niners...........the Rams are a young secondary and there just getting better.

Are we talking about the 49ers? No. Did I say our secondary was great? No. Stop trying to twist this discussion around. Fact is, St.Louis still got clowned in the secondary last season and Fakhir Brown was your best defensive back and now he's suspended.

bensonblows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to school with fakhir brown.

his brother is in jail for murder.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

Are we talking about the 49ers? No. Did I say our secondary was great? No. Stop trying to twist this discussion around. Fact is, St.Louis still got clowned in the secondary last season and Fakhir Brown was your best defensive back and now he's suspended.

St. Louis ranked 8th last year in pass defense......they didnt really get "clowned"
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bensonblows wrote:
i went to school with fakhir brown.

his brother is in jail for murder.

So he is more from a shifty scene/neighborhood....he is probably suspended for drug abuse not steriods, then.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
blackmonk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
blackmonk wrote:

St. Louis ranked 8th last year in pass defense......they didnt really get "clowned"

Where did they rank in yards per pass attempt?

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they ranked 8th in the nfl in passing yards per game and 3rd in the nfc
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the Rams rank in run defense?Does the fact that the Rams had good stats in passing D have anything to do with the fact that the teams ran the ball constantly ?
titan52490

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmonk wrote:

Huh? Fakhir is MAYBE our 4th best. Behind Tye Hill, Corey Chavous, and OJ Atogwe.

Where are you getting that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: