Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official Michigan State Spartans thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2872
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: The official Michigan State Spartans thread Reply with quote

im 99% sure we don't have one yet. so i thought i'd start one. predictions?

UAB--W(in a close one)
BGSU--W(easy)
PIT--W(we own pitt)
at ND--W
at WISCONSON--L
NORTHWESTERN--W
INDIANA--W
at OSU--L(trap game for OSU)
at IOWA--L(at iowa is tough)
MICHIGAN--L
at PURDUE--W(in a very close one)
PSU--L

overall-- 7-5

hopefuly hoyer makes the transition to the pro-style. i think javon ringer will be all big ten. i say around 1300 yards from him. i say we make a huge improvement this year. we finally have a defensive minded coach in dantonio. the pro style i think will work in our favor this year with javon ringer,jehuu,and AJ Jimmerson. i think the seaon depends on our O-line, im going to go out and say our defense will be above average. otis wiley is back and we have warrick who showed signs of being a good saftey to help him out, we also have solid LB's who fit our defense, the d-line is getting good and we have the ability to get the QB a lot this season. overall i think we make a big jump and with the recruits we've been getting lately we have the chance to be a legit big ten team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bendoo2


Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think you're going to go into southbend and walk away with a W? LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yuppy


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 2426
Location: THE Hawkeye Nation!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least ya know you cant win in kinnick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msuspartans#1


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 4321
Location: MI-TN-CO
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay we have more than 1 Spartan fan...This year I believe will be a rebuilding year, very tough schedule I personally dont think we break .500 Crying or Very sad

UAB--W
BGSU--W
PIT--W)
at ND--L
at WISCONSON--L
NORTHWESTERN--W
INDIANA--W
at OSU--L
at IOWA--L
MICHIGAN--L
at PURDUE--L
PSU--L

I think we have some promise for the future though.
_________________
Life is like an item box: you never know what you're gonna get.....unless you're in last place, then you will probably get lightning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2872
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bendoo2 wrote:
You think you're going to go into southbend and walk away with a W? LOL


we'll considering ND will have a new RB, a freshman QB(i think he's starting but im not sure), lost the best reciever and we always play you tough. i think we have a good chance beating you guys. im looking forward to another flag planting.

and msu1 im not sure this is a rebuilding year. we have a RB who has proven himself in ringer,and jehuu, we also have jimmerson(who is good). hoyer has a lot of PT at QB suprisingly. and he fits the pro style a lot better then the spread.

we have been building our o-line a lot the past couple years and its pretty solid now. we have the 4th best DT(recruit) coming in on defense but other then that we have all experienced players. our D will be good mark my words. but it's MSU we could go 7-4 or 4-7 but its not John(blow games)smith, we have Dantonio a proven defensive coach who knows how to win games. he built osu's defense. he also recruited carpenter hawk. he knows the game well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2872
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just lost one of our biggest prospects jonas gray to the corn huskers, kenny demens is sure to follow. this is a huge blow.
_________________
“Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”
~ HDThoreau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diezjabronie


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 8629
Location: The University of Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't count yourself out already against Notre Dame.

Sparty has won the last five in South Bend.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Purple-Pride07


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 17334
Location: Right Behind You
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spartans wont do anything next year but have a good future....Its tough after they lost Stanton to overcome on offense.
_________________


"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2872
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
The Spartans wont do anything next year but have a good future....Its tough after they lost Stanton to overcome on offense.


we lost stanton that was it. thats all people know. its aggitating.
_________________
“Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”
~ HDThoreau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chief_fan822003


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 11673
Location: television city
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_stanton2lions wrote:
we just lost one of our biggest prospects jonas gray to the corn huskers, kenny demens is sure to follow. this is a huge blow.


Hah, Nebraska is doing great at recruiting this year. First we get Blaine Gabbert from Mizzou, now this, combined with the first 5-Star Offensive Lineman ever from Nebraska. I'm really excited about our future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeadFuzz


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 147
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesss!, an MSU thread!

i predict:
UAB- W
BGSU - W
Pitt - W
at ND - W
at Wisconsin - L
Northwestern - W
Indiana - W
at OSU - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L (It'll be very close)
at Purdure - L
PSU--L

yes, just barely bowl eligible.

I can believe that punk Jonas Gray is going to Nebraska. you know, funny thing. On NCAA 07, in my MSU dynasties, i would ALWAYS lose my top recruits to Nebraska. ALWAYS. man that ticks me off. First Nichol ditchin us for Oklahoma, now Gray goin to Neb.

I think the spartans could be a potential spoiler team this year, could ruin a couple of seasons of other teams. I expect The MSU-UM game to be close. UM is way over-rated. We had two of the worst teams I've ever seen the last two years, but we kept it close two years ago against OSU. So you would think UM could beat them, right? wrong. one of the knocks i always heard on stanton durning the draft stuff was that he could never beat the bigguns. Well Henne couldn't beat OSU with the great teams he's had. and the D couldn't stop them either. I'll believe the UM hype when they beat a good team (most of the Big Ten wont be too god, out side of them and wisco)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan01


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 3527
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadFuzz wrote:
Yesss!, an MSU thread!

i predict:
UAB- W
BGSU - W
Pitt - W
at ND - W
at Wisconsin - L
Northwestern - W
Indiana - W
at OSU - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L (It'll be very close)
at Purdure - L
PSU--L

yes, just barely bowl eligible.

I can believe that punk Jonas Gray is going to Nebraska. you know, funny thing. On NCAA 07, in my MSU dynasties, i would ALWAYS lose my top recruits to Nebraska. ALWAYS. man that ticks me off. First Nichol ditchin us for Oklahoma, now Gray goin to Neb.

I think the spartans could be a potential spoiler team this year, could ruin a couple of seasons of other teams. I expect The MSU-UM game to be close. UM is way over-rated. We had two of the worst teams I've ever seen the last two years, but we kept it close two years ago against OSU. So you would think UM could beat them, right? wrong. one of the knocks i always heard on stanton durning the draft stuff was that he could never beat the bigguns. Well Henne couldn't beat OSU with the great teams he's had. and the D couldn't stop them either. I'll believe the UM hype when they beat a good team (most of the Big Ten wont be too god, out side of them and wisco)


Don't get your hopes up about a close game with Michigan. You don't have nearly enough defense to slow us down offensively and you don't have the passing game to hang with us on offense. Dantonio has you going in the right direction, but you simply don't have the talent this year to hang with the top teams. Bowl eligibility isn't out of the question, but I think the key game in that regard is the Indiana game. I don't think any of your 5 predicted wins prior to that game are out of the question at all, but Indiana is talented team it should be a good game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diezjabronie


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 8629
Location: The University of Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically, you never know what is going to happen in East Lansing (ex: Spartan Bob, Peko "fumble" return). They could very well beat Michigan. I have never seen a fan base more passionate about a mediocre football team then the fans of Michigan State. They deserve a winner. They have only been to one bowl game in six years. It is going to be a statement game for Dantonio and the hype at Spartan Stadium will be enormous.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeadFuzz


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 147
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
DeadFuzz wrote:
Yesss!, an MSU thread!

i predict:
UAB- W
BGSU - W
Pitt - W
at ND - W
at Wisconsin - L
Northwestern - W
Indiana - W
at OSU - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L (It'll be very close)
at Purdure - L
PSU--L

yes, just barely bowl eligible.

I can believe that punk Jonas Gray is going to Nebraska. you know, funny thing. On NCAA 07, in my MSU dynasties, i would ALWAYS lose my top recruits to Nebraska. ALWAYS. man that ticks me off. First Nichol ditchin us for Oklahoma, now Gray goin to Neb.

I think the spartans could be a potential spoiler team this year, could ruin a couple of seasons of other teams. I expect The MSU-UM game to be close. UM is way over-rated. We had two of the worst teams I've ever seen the last two years, but we kept it close two years ago against OSU. So you would think UM could beat them, right? wrong. one of the knocks i always heard on stanton durning the draft stuff was that he could never beat the bigguns. Well Henne couldn't beat OSU with the great teams he's had. and the D couldn't stop them either. I'll believe the UM hype when they beat a good team (most of the Big Ten wont be too god, out side of them and wisco)


Don't get your hopes up about a close game with Michigan. You don't have nearly enough defense to slow us down offensively and you don't have the passing game to hang with us on offense. Dantonio has you going in the right direction, but you simply don't have the talent this year to hang with the top teams. Bowl eligibility isn't out of the question, but I think the key game in that regard is the Indiana game. I don't think any of your 5 predicted wins prior to that game are out of the question at all, but Indiana is talented team it should be a good game.


Dantonio is a defensive coach, so we might me able to make some plays that we couldn't under John L., but I agree about the passing game, we are having troubles with the recievers (Terry Love and TJ Williams, projected starters at the end of spring, have found their way to the bottom of the depth chart) and a new QB starting in Hoyer. I have faith that Hoyer will be as good of a passer, if not better, by the end of his career, as Drew Stanton. He's just not gonna make plays on his feet. But we will have a great running game in the pro-style O with Javon Ringer. He probably wont succeed against the quick UM linebackers, but I wouldn't go and underestimate our offense just yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2872
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadFuzz wrote:
LionsFan01 wrote:
DeadFuzz wrote:
Yesss!, an MSU thread!

i predict:
UAB- W
BGSU - W
Pitt - W
at ND - W
at Wisconsin - L
Northwestern - W
Indiana - W
at OSU - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L (It'll be very close)
at Purdure - L
PSU--L

yes, just barely bowl eligible.

I can believe that punk Jonas Gray is going to Nebraska. you know, funny thing. On NCAA 07, in my MSU dynasties, i would ALWAYS lose my top recruits to Nebraska. ALWAYS. man that ticks me off. First Nichol ditchin us for Oklahoma, now Gray goin to Neb.

I think the spartans could be a potential spoiler team this year, could ruin a couple of seasons of other teams. I expect The MSU-UM game to be close. UM is way over-rated. We had two of the worst teams I've ever seen the last two years, but we kept it close two years ago against OSU. So you would think UM could beat them, right? wrong. one of the knocks i always heard on stanton durning the draft stuff was that he could never beat the bigguns. Well Henne couldn't beat OSU with the great teams he's had. and the D couldn't stop them either. I'll believe the UM hype when they beat a good team (most of the Big Ten wont be too god, out side of them and wisco)


Don't get your hopes up about a close game with Michigan. You don't have nearly enough defense to slow us down offensively and you don't have the passing game to hang with us on offense. Dantonio has you going in the right direction, but you simply don't have the talent this year to hang with the top teams. Bowl eligibility isn't out of the question, but I think the key game in that regard is the Indiana game. I don't think any of your 5 predicted wins prior to that game are out of the question at all, but Indiana is talented team it should be a good game.


Dantonio is a defensive coach, so we might me able to make some plays that we couldn't under John L., but I agree about the passing game, we are having troubles with the recievers (Terry Love and TJ Williams, projected starters at the end of spring, have found their way to the bottom of the depth chart) and a new QB starting in Hoyer. I have faith that Hoyer will be as good of a passer, if not better, by the end of his career, as Drew Stanton. He's just not gonna make plays on his feet. But we will have a great running game in the pro-style O with Javon Ringer. He probably wont succeed against the quick UM linebackers, but I wouldn't go and underestimate our offense just yet


our recievers are fine. love and williams will get it straightend out, allison was a top juco prospect and we should see him alot this year. hoyer i believe will thrive in this system he's more accurate then stanton and just has troubles holding on to the ball and getting the ball of in time. stanton IMO was a spread product as are alot of offensive players. javon ringer's run style is perfect for the pro style and he should dominate. not to mention we have that change of pace with jehuu then back to jimmerson. javon IMO will play good against michigan, he's a shifty back and never goes down from the first guy, the reason we lose that game is cause of hart.
_________________
“Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”
~ HDThoreau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 1 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group