Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most impressive rookies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagman777

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39 wrote:
Two guys on this list that stood out to me are Usama Young and Mike Walker.

With the Saints lacking a ton of depth at secondary, I think it very possible that Young could become an immediate contributer. Young has a ton of speed, good hands and is able to stick with the fastest wide outs in the NFL. With the proper coaching and improvement in technique, Young could end up becoming more of an impact palyer than Meachem this upcoming season.

I loved Walker coming out of college and had my eye on him. The guy has basically a ton of physical talent, but is constantly over looked because he is a small school prospect. The guy is smart and is able to leak through defenses and find the soft spot. With good size and jumping ability, he provides the Jags with another potential red zone wide out. If Walker continues to impress I would not be shocked to see him starting come day one.

Probably not so soon, but he has potential to be our #1 by the end of the year, especially if our first rounders don't step up.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
"Buster Davis, LB, Cardinals
The 5-9 Davis was like a water bug, covering a lot of ground and making a lot of plays -- just like he did at Florida State. "

LOL, he talks as if he's letting out some sort of secret...you're not. It's all he did his entire college career. I said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, if Buster Davis were six feet tall he'd have been a top twenty pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Yeah he reminds me of a young London Fletcher. I am not looking forward to seeing him twice a year, but you probobly feel the same way about Carriker. Wink

Eh, not really sure yet how much Carriker scares me at the DT position or at all really. Leonard Little gives me nightmares though.

He should scare ya....he is gonna be a force, but IMO Steven Jackson will run over Buster Davis 9/10 times

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
The 5-9 Davis was like a water bug, covering a lot of ground and making a lot of plays -- just like he did at Florida State. "

LOL, he talks as if he's letting out some sort of secret...you're not. It's all he did his entire college career. I said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, if Buster Davis were six feet tall he'd have been a top twenty pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Yeah he reminds me of a young London Fletcher. I am not looking forward to seeing him twice a year, but you probobly feel the same way about Carriker. Wink

Eh, not really sure yet how much Carriker scares me at the DT position or at all really. Leonard Little gives me nightmares though.

He should scare ya....he is gonna be a force, but IMO Steven Jackson will run over Buster Davis 9/10 times

"he is gonna be a force"
He certainly can be but to say he scares me would be a lie, he doesn't have the effect that a guy like Leonard Little has.

"but IMO Steven Jackson will run over Buster Davis 9/10 times"
LOL, good joke. In five games against the Arizona Cardinals(four were starts) Jackson has run for just 307 yards on 82 carries, an average of just 3.7 YPC along with just one lonely touchdown. If he couldn't run over guys like Orlando Huff and Russell Davis he surely won't run over Buster Davis.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Jetsalltheway39 wrote:
Two guys on this list that stood out to me are Usama Young and Mike Walker.

With the Saints lacking a ton of depth at secondary, I think it very possible that Young could become an immediate contributer. Young has a ton of speed, good hands and is able to stick with the fastest wide outs in the NFL. With the proper coaching and improvement in technique, Young could end up becoming more of an impact palyer than Meachem this upcoming season.

I loved Walker coming out of college and had my eye on him. The guy has basically a ton of physical talent, but is constantly over looked because he is a small school prospect. The guy is smart and is able to leak through defenses and find the soft spot. With good size and jumping ability, he provides the Jags with another potential red zone wide out. If Walker continues to impress I would not be shocked to see him starting come day one.

Probably not so soon, but he has potential to be our #1 by the end of the year, especially if our first rounders don't step up.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

While at camp there is "open competition", I find it hard to believe that Matt and Reggie won't be starting week 1.
steelcity43

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

"he is gonna be a force"
He certainly can be but to say he scares me would be a lie, he doesn't have the effect that a guy like Leonard Little has.

LOL, good joke. In five games against the Arizona Cardinals(four were starts) Jackson has run for just 307 yards on 82 carries, an average of just 3.7 YPC along with just one lonely touchdown. If he couldn't run over guys like Orlando Huff and Russell Davis he surely won't run over Buster Davis.

according to rams fans steven jackson is god and has no weaknesses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see Johnny Baldwin make this list--he's an unknown, MLB is the Lions' biggest weakness, and I really want them to develop a nice player there. The sooner Paris Lenon goes, the better. Man I hate that guy.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

"he is gonna be a force"

I can answer for you kgarnett.........................touche'

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irons is a surprise for me. I thought he was one of the worst picks in the draft. He went way to high and Perry and Johnson should be good for the Bengals. Unless Perry is injured again...idk if he is or not. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
That was a surprisingly good article coming from a non-football powerhouse like MSNBC. I like how they named smaller name players instead of going the easy route and listing guys like Calvin Johnson.
And i must agree all indications so far show that our coaching staff is extremely impressed with Adam Carriker and he has already earned the starting job at DT. He has an amazing work ethic and dedication so i look forward to watching him play.
Watch him flop just like the rest of the Rams DTs have. Im sure Kennedy looked great on 7 on 7 Laughing

justwinbaby81 wrote:
(Porter owns Bailey).
39-23 FF pick'em
lago_vista

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature wrote:
dtwizzy2k5 wrote:
That was a surprisingly good article coming from a non-football powerhouse like MSNBC. I like how they named smaller name players instead of going the easy route and listing guys like Calvin Johnson.
And i must agree all indications so far show that our coaching staff is extremely impressed with Adam Carriker and he has already earned the starting job at DT. He has an amazing work ethic and dedication so i look forward to watching him play.
Watch him flop just like the rest of the Rams DTs have. Im sure Kennedy looked great on 7 on 7 Laughing
hey don't say that, the curse ends with him, Carriker is nothing like Kennedy

MY GALLERY

WELCOME TO THE GATEWAY
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

gore will run over carrikarbage (i have called him this b4 the draft, not just now that he is on the rams) 9/10 times
lago_vista

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

gore will run over carrikarbage (i have called him this b4 the draft, not just now that he is on the rams) 9/10 times
We will very soon see Wink

MY GALLERY

WELCOME TO THE GATEWAY
Flow Motion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Eric Wright, From what Romeo Crennel and the rest of the coaches are saying he has been the best DB on our roster thus far. I cantway to see him play this year. I think he's the next Champ Baily.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antwan Barnes was pretty good.

4.44 40-yard dash.

30+ 225 lb. bench reps.

He's athletic and he did pretty good in camp but he won't be an immediate replacment for Adalius Thomas even though they have similar athletic ability.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:
mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Height and 40 times are two of the most over emphasized traits of a player. That is why the Combine is so dumb.

Uhh, I agree with you to an extent about the 40 times, but height is certainly important.

How many LBs under 6' have excelled in the league recently? CBs under 5'10? DLs under 6'2? OLs under 6'3? QBs under 6'? RBs under 5'10? WRs under 5'10? TEs under 6'3?

The answer to all of those is "not many." Height means a whole lot in football, but there are exceptions to every rule. I don't think Buster Davis is one of those exceptions (just my personal opinion which I have held since before the draft).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: