Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most impressive rookies
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackAttack785

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Most impressive rookies Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18848397/

This article takes a look at some impressive rookie performances in Mini Camps including some big names like Adrian Peterson and Steve Smith but also highlights a handful of less known players.

Mercury22 wrote:
I doubt, very seriously, if the Packers even sniff the playoffs next year.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Mike Walker getting some national attention. He sounds great from the way the coaches have been talking about him.

Props to El ramster for the sig
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article. I'm also glad to see Adam Carriker on the list.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Buster Davis, LB, Cardinals
The 5-9 Davis was like a water bug, covering a lot of ground and making a lot of plays -- just like he did at Florida State. "

LOL, he talks as if he's letting out some sort of secret...you're not. It's all he did his entire college career. I said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, if Buster Davis were six feet tall he'd have been a top twenty pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link to the article.

San Diego could be inventing a new kind of offense with so many big TE's as targets instead of WR's. Buster Davis continues to show his heart is his most important measurable. I saw Usama Young play in person on a trip to Kent, Ohio to see the Toledo Rockets play them. It's nice to see he is impressing the Saints' staff.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Bucs?

From what I hear, Sabby is ripping it up.. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Kolb soon will be only known as "The greatest show on earth. Period"

(one of my most sarcastic post to date)

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I love Steve Smith. He is such a great reciever. Too bad he is stuck with Eli throwing to him. He will be a big producer in this league for years to come. Chandler has gotten great reports from camp, but so have all the rookies. I doubt Chandler will get a lot of playing time, as Gates and Manumaleuna are both fantastic TEs. But, in the future, our 6'7" giant should be a threat. He might also be a 3rd down threat now.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
mjprams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
The 5-9 Davis was like a water bug, covering a lot of ground and making a lot of plays -- just like he did at Florida State. "

LOL, he talks as if he's letting out some sort of secret...you're not. It's all he did his entire college career. I said it a hundred times and I'll say it again, if Buster Davis were six feet tall he'd have been a top twenty pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Yeah he reminds me of a young London Fletcher. I am not looking forward to seeing him twice a year, but you probobly feel the same way about Carriker. Wink
Go Bolts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Yeah he reminds me of a young London Fletcher. I am not looking forward to seeing him twice a year, but you probobly feel the same way about Carriker. Wink

Height and 40 times are two of the most over emphasized traits of a player. That is why the Combine is so dumb.

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsfan18 wrote:
Nice to see Mike Walker getting some national attention. He sounds great from the way the coaches have been talking about him.

Bingo... he has so many attributes close to Jimmy... its scary.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjprams wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Eh, not really sure yet how much Carriker scares me at the DT position or at all really. Leonard Little gives me nightmares though.
Volcom_stone10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty excited for James Jones... Really excited

DEETS on the Masterpiece
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a surprisingly good article coming from a non-football powerhouse like MSNBC. I like how they named smaller name players instead of going the easy route and listing guys like Calvin Johnson.
And i must agree all indications so far show that our coaching staff is extremely impressed with Adam Carriker and he has already earned the starting job at DT. He has an amazing work ethic and dedication so i look forward to watching him play.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys on this list that stood out to me are Usama Young and Mike Walker.

With the Saints lacking a ton of depth at secondary, I think it very possible that Young could become an immediate contributer. Young has a ton of speed, good hands and is able to stick with the fastest wide outs in the NFL. With the proper coaching and improvement in technique, Young could end up becoming more of an impact palyer than Meachem this upcoming season.

I loved Walker coming out of college and had my eye on him. The guy has basically a ton of physical talent, but is constantly over looked because he is a small school prospect. The guy is smart and is able to leak through defenses and find the soft spot. With good size and jumping ability, he provides the Jags with another potential red zone wide out. If Walker continues to impress I would not be shocked to see him starting come day one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: