You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Get To Play Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers This Season

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeh75

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: We Get To Play Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers This Season Reply with quote

We Get To Play Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers This Season...

both games are at home too and both in november...

november 2 we play the packers,november 23 we play the jets
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we should win both games. The Jets scare the hell out of me though. That offense, with Brett Favre, Jerricho Cotchery, Laverneus Coles, Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Alan Faneca, D'Brick and Mangold is very good. There defense is a different story.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
And we should win both games. The Jets scare the hell out of me though. That offense, with Brett Favre, Jerricho Cotchery, Laverneus Coles, Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Alan Faneca, D'Brick and Mangold is very good. There defense is a different story.

Doesn't really scare me. Their O-line still isn't that great and once our pressure stats getting through, make way for the INT's. Or just an amazing Favre-esque bomb for a TD.....

#JDI
Titan Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans defense will punish Brett Favre for making us listen to his dealings with the Packers all off-season. He will wish he stayed retired when we are done. Smile
LuvTitans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert, Vanden Bosch, Bulluck, and hopefully The Freak will punish Favre and make him regret coming back. I hope that old man leaves body parts on LP Field. November 23 is a day I am highly anticipating!
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the packers and Titans game is going to be a really good game. The Jets should be decent. I think Griff will have a big game. a ball hawking FS VS a pass happy QB. this should be a fun one to watch.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuvTitans wrote:
Brett Favre is the worst cancer ever on a pro sports team. Next to Favre, Roger Clemens legacy is squeaky clean!

Please tell me you're joking.

I think some of you are underestimating the Jets. Anything can happen by late November but this team made some improvements and Titans fans of all people should understand the emotional edge an inspirational QB can give the entire team.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
LuvTitans wrote:
Brett Favre is the worst cancer ever on a pro sports team. Next to Favre, Roger Clemens legacy is squeaky clean!

Please tell me you're joking.

I think some of you are underestimating the Jets. Anything can happen by late November but this team made some improvements and Titans fans of all people should understand the emotional edge an inspirational QB can give the entire team.

I hate to bash a fellow Titans fan, but LuvTitans hates Favre more than any person I have ever seen. I don't quite understand why, as I personally really like Brett, but to each his own I guess.

TheRealBigTimer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with LuvTitans... I used to be a Favre fan, but now, I'll do whatever it takes to keep his mug/name/ANYTHING of him off my screen.

Apparently the Jets locker room is split on him being there.

Anyways
Favre forgot that its a privilege to play in the NFL, not a right. He made himself bigger than the game, and I WOULD have more to say about this, but it would cross alot of lines and I would get in trouble and possibly banned. HOWEVER, if someone would like a link to my "Personal Sports Column" just PM me.

First Peyton Manning, now this. What a shocking offseason.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealBigTimer wrote:
Anyways Favre forgot that its a privilege to play in the NFL, not a right. He made himself bigger than the game, and I WOULD have more to say about this, but it would cross alot of lines and I would get in trouble and possibly banned. HOWEVER, if someone would like a link to my "Personal Sports Column" just PM me.

Assuming you can keep it clean, how did he forget that? If he can still play the game, why should he retire? Let the teams tell him he's a backup but as long as 5 teams are still willing to pull the plug on their current QB with 3 1/2 weeks to go, that tells me there is still a market for him.

I think it was delusional for him to demand his release. That's the Packers' option and they did not want him to become a Viking. Can't say I blame them. But in the end, he accepted a trade and the Pack got compensated.

The whole Favre thing is so overblown. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, McNair and Eddie... heck even Michael Jordan all switched teams at the end of their career. Does anyone talk about those stints tainting their legacies anymore? Heck no. In six years when Favre is inducted into Canton, no one will mention the Jets days as a black mark.

He thinks he can still play, the Jets agree and the Pack wants to move on. Where is the harm in that? I think people are overreacting because they're sick of seeing it 24/7 on TV.

titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealBigTimer wrote:
I'm with LuvTitans... I used to be a Favre fan, but now, I'll do whatever it takes to keep his mug/name/ANYTHING of him off my screen.

Anyways
Favre forgot that its a privilege to play in the NFL, not a right. He made himself bigger than the game, and I WOULD have more to say about this, but it would cross alot of lines and I would get in trouble and possibly banned. HOWEVER, if someone would like a link to my "Personal Sports Column" just PM me.
It seems like you're blaming the ridiculous media coverage on Favre rather than ESPN/NFLN. Favre has not attempted to make himself bigger than the game or the Packers organization, ESPN/national media outlets have. Should Brett thought out his original decision more thouroughly? Sure, however none of us know if there was a deadline on the Packers side. The fact that he wanted to come back and play the game he loved, and was not wanted by the Packers, does not mean he was being a horrible person or a poor teammate, he just wants to play a game. If you had his ability, and after a couple months away from the game you love, you decided that you wanted to come back, would you just sit around, knowing that you will never experience something like that again? He rushed a decision and regretted it, and that is something almost all of us can relate to in some way.

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Blast! You changed it too quick for me to make fun of you for getting lost. Laughing

titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
^^^ Blast! You changed it too quick for me to make fun of you for getting lost. Laughing
I have no idea what you are talking about. Rolling Eyes Wink

I think that's the price I pay for having four threads open at once. I had no idea where I was. Shhh

TheRealBigTimer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TheRealBigTimer wrote:

Anyways
It seems like you're blaming the ridiculous media coverage on Favre rather than ESPN/NFLN. Favre has not attempted to make himself bigger than the game or the Packers organization, ESPN/national media outlets have. Should Brett thought out his original decision more thouroughly? Sure, however none of us know if there was a deadline on the Packers side. The fact that he wanted to come back and play the game he loved, and was not wanted by the Packers, does not mean he was being a horrible person or a poor teammate, he just wants to play a game. If you had his ability, and after a couple months away from the game you love, you decided that you wanted to come back, would you just sit around, knowing that you will never experience something like that again? He rushed a decision and regretted it, and that is something almost all of us can relate to in some way.

I beg to differ on all of that. Yeah, I was tired of my overdose of Favre, but who wasn't? Honestly, who wasn't? Then you see Favre on foxnews, with an interview that I don't think he should've done in the first place because had alittle spice to some of his Packer comments. That was classless, and if this is a wide receiver that makes those comments, we're going to bash them. And if he wasn't being a poor teammate, he wouldn't have asked to come back when he knew there would be a problem. You can't ask 2 weeks before training camp after Aaron Rodgers has been at every OTA, every practice, everything, and ask to come back and compete for your job. You put Aaron Rodgers in a no win situatiom; A) Favre wins the job b) Aaron wins the job and then has to look over his shoulder every incompletion. Not only that, the Packers ASKED him back numerous times before the draft, and he stood firm, so why now?

First off, I'm going to say, Favre has all the records, sure, whatever. But I don't think he's that great, or even the greatest of all time. And Sal Paolantonio proves my point because of the article he wrote post-pre-retirement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

Secondly, everyone says the Packers handled this poorly, when I believe the complete opposite. FAVRE handled this sadly, he really did. He made it clear that he wants to play but only for the Packers or for the Vikings, everything else he really turned his nose at. Knowing the Vikings are the biggest threat to the Pack in the division, he wanted to play for them, and that shows me that he doesn't care about the Packers organization like he often said that he did.

First Peyton Manning, now this. What a shocking offseason.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal Paolantonio is a joke, you can see this article for further proof. Brett Favre is/was ONE player, yet Sal seems to give him all of the blame, and fails to give him credit for getting the team to the playoffs and leading the Packers to the best record in the NFL over the last 16 years. Honestly, his entire point is laughable and he doesn't deserve to work at ESPN (or maybe he does considering the quality of their work lately).

Quote:
I beg to differ on all of that. Yeah, I was tired of my overdose of Favre, but who wasn't? Honestly, who wasn't? Then you see Favre on foxnews, with an interview that I don't think he should've done in the first place because had alittle spice to some of his Packer comments. That was classless, and if this is a wide receiver that makes those comments, we're going to bash them. And if he wasn't being a poor teammate, he wouldn't have asked to come back when he knew there would be a problem. You can't ask 2 weeks before training camp after Aaron Rodgers has been at every OTA, every practice, everything, and ask to come back and compete for your job. You put Aaron Rodgers in a no win situatiom; A) Favre wins the job b) Aaron wins the job and then has to look over his shoulder every incompletion. Not only that, the Packers ASKED him back numerous times before the draft, and he stood firm, so why now?

Favre on FoxNews was classless? I believe he was mainly responding to comments that the Packers had released both privately and public regarding Brett's situation with the team. If this was a wide receiver who retired with the most touchdowns, receptions and yards, who was coming off of his third best season in his 17 year career, and then was told by the team that he could come back and be the 4th receiver, I would in no way blame the player. And hell, doesn't he have the right to come out and defend his actions and tell his side of the story? God knows the Packers had, why shouldn't he be able to?

So because he doesn't want to give up on the sport he loves, he is a bad teammate? Obviously, he knew it would be a distraction, but he loved and missed football, and he knew, just like all of us do, that he was still able to play at a very high level. If he wanted to be a bad teammate, he could've applied for reinstatement at the end of June and showed up on the first day of training camp. Instead, he waited in Mississippi for Ted Thompson to make a trade, and even when that failed to go down, he still stayed out of Camp because he didn't want to become more of a distraction then he already was.

Quote:
Secondly, everyone says the Packers handled this poorly, when I believe the complete opposite. FAVRE handled this sadly, he really did. He made it clear that he wants to play but only for the Packers or for the Vikings, everything else he really turned his nose at. Knowing the Vikings are the biggest threat to the Pack in the division, he wanted to play for them, and that shows me that he doesn't care about the Packers organization like he often said that he did.

Clearly, the organization did not care or think enough of him to want him back, so he wanted a release. If the Packers' believed that he could no longer play at a high level, or that A-Rod was their guy, then him asking to have his choice of teams is completely fine. The Packers didn't want Brett but they also didn't want him to have his choice. I live in Green Bay, and have seen Brett for the last fourteen years (I can remember games up to the age of four, before that, not as much). He loved the Packers, and he loves the fans, but when he was told that he wasn't wanted by the Packers, he wanted the freedom to choose where he went, which is completely fine by me.

In the end, Brett, in an effort to help distance the Packers (as well as himself) from the distraction, agreed to go to either the Bucs or Jets, even though it was likely not his best option. Even then, when he told the team that he preferred to go to Tampa, they turned around and made a deal with New York, because the compensation was slghtly better and it would get him out of the conference. The organization didn't like Brett enough to keep him in Green and Gold but they were also too scared to give him even his choice of two teams.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: